Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
finals ended today so I will grant you all my presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I should probably watch this show, shouldn't I?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
So I haven't been here for a while each of you needs to introduce yourself

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

are you capsaicin because if so I kind of remember you

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Also if you don't know who I am,

Hey I'm HiipFire, I'm relatively new here and I'm "literally 16 years old" as they say.

Also my prefered pronouns is he/him, though "it" works for me.

Wait are you literally 16 years old? Because if so stop playing mafia and start going to high school dances and flirting with girls goddamn you have your whole life in front of you dont waste it on mafia.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
EXAKT strikes me as more bad newbie(ish, I don't actually know if he is new) town than as scum as of now. Definitely getting defensive as gently caress about votes but there's nothing inherently scummy about that and it feels to me more townie than scummy to draw that attention to himself

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

It always annoys me when people vote first make cases later; like right after minutes/seconds after. It's not much of a tell to me, when it's immediate, but it always gets on my nerves. They were clearly thinking of it when it's posted literally right after, so why not just start with the reasoning first. It's more of when the reasoning comes well after, when people push them on it, that I'd consider it telling.

I am waiting to see how Exact responded to weigh in on Bowmore's vote.

Him saying your response stinks is a soft accusation in of itself too. His "weak" response reads like a joke response to a a joke vote.
I really think you're blowing things out of proportion. Purposely so. ##vote Puntification

Aside: I got to the end of it, yeah it's okay I suppose. 6/10.

I don't much like this post though. It's a bad case and, aside from this actual vote, everything amoeba posted has been passive and unopinionated. Consider yourself on ~the list~ amoeba

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
My favorite mafia thing is when people do comprehensive post breakdowns on D1 when they're completely superfluous to get a point across given the minimal amount of content so far (see Puntifications post above).

That said, it's an ok case and I kinda agree with it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Blargh, back from Survivor. That game eats up so much mental bandwidth, it's crazy.

Okay, so my point is that from my perspective, there's nothing useful going on on day one and I prefer to just shitpost a bit. In fact, when people start applying logic to poo poo people say in day one, I pull a long face and sigh. My jokephase lasts approximately until day five or so.

I don't think people are wrong for trying to get a head start on winning the game, but other than people's reactions, which is a meta you learn through hard, repetitious labor and endless mistakes, there's nothing to go on. No actual game mechanic has engaged to provide information about who is who. So I got nothin'. You guys may have somethin', but I won't have anything for a while yet.

So, yeah, I'm "bad at mafia" in addition to being bad at mafia, but I do two things. I shitpost and I fail to notice detaisl.

(joke)

Everyone has yet to see my scum game. I have never been scum. I am still not scum. I'm just waiting for people to start voting me because "HE HAS TO BE SCUM EVENTUALLY."

Man this is a lot of words complaining about having to do anything. I really don't like this, it strikes me as pre-emptively setting up a defense for lovely posting

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Of the minority votes Allen Wren is being voted by Pmush who is being voted by Punt who is being voted by Amoeba. Pmom is voting Eplus, who along with allen wren have both not voted in the game.

thank you for reiterating the vote count i wasn't sure where i could find it

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Oh jesus christ why are there 200 posts. I hate you guys, here goes nothing.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

yuming posted:

I am torn because I think bowmore is scummy but ouch whoa drat this is a scummy vote.

It's a lot of reasons for an established case I don't like it.

yuming posted:

DON'T YOU SEE IT!

There weren't enough posts by Epsi that stood out to me. He needs to post more before I can make a real read.

I'm going to ##vote PMush because I don't like how easy the votes are falling on bowmore. Objectively, I'm suspicious of him. But I don't want that to be all today is about.

The post I just quoted and explained is bad and I want more people to look at it ok thanks!

Ughhh I really cannot justify why but this serious of posts from yuming really really bothers me. I don't like the way he's acting towards bowmore, it strikes me as very trying to fit in on the bowmore bandwagon but not wanting to actually throw a vote down. I'd believe in a yuming/bowmore scumteam tbh

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Actually scratch that opinion above about a bowmore/yuming scumteam, I don't feel nearly as confident about bowmore scum after his freakout. Would not vote bowmore. Yuming's poo poo still bothers me though

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I just read through PMush and feel mediumish about him. His initial vote on allen feels a bit weird and I'd vote him over bowmore if it came down to it at the deadline, but I'd rather not vote either.

I think the two I would most like to lynch at this point are amoeba and yuming.

I really do not like the way that yuming has handled his relationship with bowmore. It feels so incredibly fake to me, between the two posts I quoted earlier as well as the inital post that he voted bowmore. It is very "I need to attack someone to fit in, but I don't have a good case so I'll just blend in with the crowd." Town don't need to fake a case to fit in, a townie won't attack someone hard unless they have a good reason (which yuming doesn't), while scum will attack so they are contributing.

As for amoeba, I won't lie and say its more than gut, but at this point that's about as much as anyone has. His post history is a lot of nothing and then a few drive by opinion posts that aren't discussed in much significant depth.

For now, I'm going to ##Vote yuming. I'd really highly recommend you guys look through his post history at the way he's handled attacking and pulling off of bowmore.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

yuming/pmush are ladies :ssh:

Noted.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Hm. Man, it's weird being at the bottom of that list alone. I gotta get on some poo poo here and vote a thing.

Dunno who, though.

look at yuming

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

UHH what is this bad post.

Why are there SO MANY bad posts in this game.

I don't really see why Hiips post you quoted is that bad? Worthless, yes, but not really scummy

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Jesus christ guys stop debating the game setup that we have no idea about. Nor will looking for 'slips' actually help us find scum.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I 'd prefer a PMush lynch over a bowmore lynch ##Vote PMush

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nobody wants Tremendous Taste to be happy. Also a no-lynch is a default scum victory because aside from the nightkill it's gonna be everyone twiddlin' our thumbs with the same argument over and over again. No lynches really don't work.

Is there a case for this aside from the "two scum team" hypothesis, because I can't see anything else for Mush.

Honestly P-Mush would be my 4th or 5th choice to vote, but at this point it looks like it will be coming down to either PMush or bowmore and I think bowmore is town. I'd much rather lynch yuming or amoeba.

As for no-lynching, lol no. That's the worst idea ever, the lynch is the town's primary weapon willingly giving it up is real dumb

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

also if we no vote 2 people will die during the night, so its not going to be like a normal night

Wanna share something with the class or are you just being annoying?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary posted:

Honestly P-Mush would be my 4th or 5th choice to vote, but at this point it looks like it will be coming down to either PMush or bowmore and I think bowmore is town. I'd much rather lynch yuming or amoeba.

hey guys can we talk about the fact that I am Great At Mafia.

listen to my reads in the future hth

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Let's hear your reads then. If you had your way, who would you lynch today?

Working on it homie. Turns out my two main suspects are dead so I need to do some reading.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Today lets look at Dr. Hurt and his posting with regards to amoeba yesterday near the lynch.

He's on bowmore most of the day, then does an (albeit reasonable) defense of PMush. However the real fun begins when he votes amoeba on a worthless post, with no prior posting about amoeba at all to back it up. Moreover, it's the 5th vote which is a pretty good place for a scumbuddy to suddenly get on the bandwagon, where he can contribute to the lynch but its already a bit of a foregone conclusion.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Toot toot!!

##vote amoeba

After voting, then he decides to make his vote look like its actually based on a case. To amoeba:

Dr. Hurt posted:

You are literally advocating "lynch this then this because I said so." take a step back and think about where we are finding a problem with this. Now take a step forward and put these thoughts into motion. Good. Congrats. I hope you are now voting yourself thanks.

Dr. Hurt posted:

This has been a v. good day 1 all around guys let's top it all off by axing an Amoeba. Amoeba please play more games in the future you seem like a cool microbe.

Lets remember that there was no attacks on amoeba at all until Dr. Hurt voted. This looks like a very clear case on a scumbuddy attempting to bus and doing it poorly.

##Vote Dr. Hurt

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hmmm. I apologize, I think I skimmed those two posts originally because I started reading them and they looked like dumb flavor posts. That was lazy of me and I need to rethink this.

##Unvote

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Eughh something about Dr. Hurt still doesn't seem right to me. Hurt, how do you feel about bowmore now?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I feel from the fact that the mafia had a bulletproof and that two scum teams in 15 people is hard to balance, its far more likely to be a scum team and an SK.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

Let's see, he either wasn't reading the game or paying attention because he forgot I was voting him and tried to frame my "potential upcoming" vote as scummy.

He claimed that Sandwolf's case on him was lazy, but didn't put any effort into it besides calling him lazy and digging up posts to say. . . that he's lazy.

He's been a real grumbleguts for most of the game after people started getting suspicious of him. A lot of him saying folks are bullshit and playing himself up as the town martyr.

And yet, I don't know if scum would go out and blatantly spend an entire post saying

would put themselves on the line like that. He hasn't posted since the flip but that's probably because he's asleep since he's on Oz time. He's on the backburner right now because I want to see how he responds to day 2 now that he isn't in as much danger. I think FV's vehement defense of Amoeba warrants closer inspection.

Eughghghghg this reads townie to me but for some reason your behavior around the lynch still bothers me a lot but I can't put my figure on it. I'll go look at FV, though.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Punt is the serial killer tho

if you insist

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Also, I just finished the show, and that really was excellent.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

I am glad you liked it. Favorite episode?

I really enjoyed the 2nd ep, with the crazy pumpkin town. Very nice mix of spooky and silly. The 9th ep, also, was good. It was nice to see that some of the weirdness of the show (costumes etc) actually had a reason unlike some cartoons which are just weird for weirdness's sake.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'd believe bownore as an SK. I'll be back a few hours before the deadline to content post though don't worry

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

EP is the last scum, Bowmore is the serial killer

Game is a wrap we got this folks

I feel pretty ok with this read. Capps is smarter than he looks

##vote windshipper

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Wait why are we turboing FV. That seems like an exceptionally poor idea given how fast people are dropping at night.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Cop claiming at this point is a bad idea, unless they have a positive result.

Puntification posted:

f_v claimed the dog from the first episode I think. Dr.hurt hasn't claimed, merk hasn't flavour claimed but I thought his role claim of stump-maker suggested he was the woodsman. Quandary hasn't claimed either though.

What is the stump-maker role? I googled it, and nothing really notable came up

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Puntification posted:

stumps are when dead people can still post.

Gotcha, I just saw that in merks post. Not sure I missed it :downs:

Especially given that, cop claiming is not very smart.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
capps, can you tell us all the people that you've investigated?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

mr.capps posted:

I'm sara not a cop

ugh I am so bad at this, I meant exact since he's the weird beast cop.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
##Vote FV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
That was a lot of fun, I didn't contribute as much as I would like, but I'd like to think I wasn't totally worthless. Disappointed that I got taken down by a PGO though, I was just trying to help :(

• Locked thread