Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Back from the bathroom, you find the studio curiously empty and steal the drummer's stool for a quick sit-down. The vibes have not been good so far, but it's more of a low murmur of argument than the bad trip of a drunken fistfight, more than a few of which you've seen at the Troubadour back in the day.

An hour or so passes and you're still waiting for everyone to return from whatever mystery zone they fell into, and you decide to try playing the drums. Not your usual gig, but whatever. You've played enough shows, you might as well try. "Try" ends up being the operative word, you can't help but feel a bit like an anesthetized octopus, too many limbs and none of them do what you want them to.

Just about the time you've kind of got a junk garage band groove going, the studio door flies open again, and Rick and Waddy stumble back in, clearly having had the time of their lives, arms over each other's shoulders, bottles of the good stuff in every free hand. You frantically ask where they've been, and they confusedly reply "out," mentioning a few of the clubs on the Strip.

Pressing them for answers as to how they got out and in again, they point you towards the door that opens on the alley. Racing past the inebriated pair, you try the door yourself. Locked. Jammed shut. Behind you, they've passed out, leaving you even more mystified as to who or what is behind this. Did they just get so high they walked through the walls? Stealing a handle from Marotta, you take a swig. Can't hurt to try.

Nobody Died Day 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's now Night 4, get your night actions in.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
:ghost: TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ghost:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can we get a mod status update?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's night time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's been longer than 24 hours, if you don't get an action in in an hour from now you don't get one.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody Died Night 4

It is now Day 5

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh my god

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

:ghost: [crickets chirping in the distance] :ghost:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
:ghost: loving laffo :ghost:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You guys are ruining Giftmas.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I tried to kill Anti. Guess I got blocked.

Either Ernie protected the NK, or scum didn't send one in - despite using their role block.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is butthole

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I knew I should have gone with my original plan of killing myself.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I got blocked, so turbo anti. ##vote antivehicular

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The only way AV doesn't get lynched is if she's scum or if the scum just don't care, which seems to be the vibe I'm picking up here from the night action announcement. I feel like that's a compelling argument me because I would win this with no regrets as scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Antivehicular (1): Amoeba102

Not Voting (5): Antivehicular, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 24th, 2014 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa what happened here??

Sorry that's on me for not hammering yesterday. I got distracted and mid-day deadlines catch me off guard. BUT... it all worked out!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I got blocked, so turbo anti. ##vote antivehicular

At first I didn't follow this logic, but I see what you are saying.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can we finish this today? Let's vote Antivehicular and then get night actions done so I don't have to check the thread during giftmas. That would be swell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah okay.

##vote AntiVehicular

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Works for me! ##vote Antivehicular

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote antivehicular

Guess my protection worked? It was me. I protected me again.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Antivehicular!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mafia Goon Antivehicular Joe Walsh posing as Walter Becker was lynched Day 5

I waited for Alan to give me some flavour but he didn't so he can post it when he gets around to it.

it's now Night 5

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's all in the PM I sent you?

quote:

Welcome, Antivehicular. You are a Mafia Goon.

Your Cover Story is that you are Walter Becker, bassist, songwriter and sometime guitarist for Steely Dan. Your band is named after a dildo, yes, but your band has also had a few killer hits, and you're just about to hit the studio to do 1977's "Aja" LP, which is going to go double-platinum. You also have a habit of namechecking booze and sleeping with very young women in your writing. This habit will reach its apex with 1980's "Hey Nineteen." The titular 19 is an age. Eeeeugh. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-VYBtWgUY

(you are posted up near the drums in this video being pretty boring)

You are actually Joe Walsh, who is an Eagle. You are one of two lead guitarists for the group, along with Don Felder. First finding success with the hard-rocking James Gang in the late 60s-early 70s, you went solo, becoming one of the class clowns of the rock cognoscenti, dropping albums like "The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get" and "So What." Currently (1976) you've just put out the live LP "You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind" and joined the Eagles full-time, diving headlong into the cocaine nightmare that is recording "Hotel California." You've locked the studio doors. No-one gets out until this thing is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAQy1XtFcSM

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All right. I'm back at work and I want to see the thrilling conclusion to this game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

:ghost: yeah same :ghost:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

All right. I'm back at work and I want to see the thrilling conclusion to this game.

I was declared ultimate victor, I am afraid you missed it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I can live with that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I remember having thoughts about this game a few days ago. They were 'thank god I don't have to deal with a sense of loss during christmas'

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm sorry I've been out of touch---I think we've all been fairly unavailable due to the holiday. I, for one, will be back in town in a bit over 24 hours, at which point I can take back over properly for the finale.

Also, the follow-up game is nearly ready: NYC `77.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 29, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I return from the hinterlands. Let me dust this thing off.

...and I can't get into votefinder to gently caress with the game. What the poo poo.

Well, if there's anyone left to play, make your moves. I'll keep track.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Is that the night resolution?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

poo poo, it's nighttime?

Lemme go gently caress with things. Sorry.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Okay, I think I've got all the actions now. I'm going to make myself some dinner and parse it out. Triple sorry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am going on vacation tomorrow so I will just preemptively vote YPM, hope this helps.

##vote YPM

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You're starting to wonder if this night is ever going to end. It gets even longer when the next victim is discovered in a pantry.

Vanilla Town Somberbrero (Christine McVie) has been killed night five.

quote:

Welcome, Somberbrero, you are Christine McVie, a Vanilla Town player. You are the keyboardist and one of three lead vocalists for Fleetwood Mac. You've been with the band through thick and thin, and it's finally paying off. Your last record was massive. Currently (1976) you're in the middle of a messy breakup from your husband and bassist John McVie and a messy recording session for "Rumours," which will eventually sell more copies than there are people to listen to them. You have a reputation as being the quiet, thoughtful one in the band, though this may just be in contrast with your weird, witchy co-frontwoman Stevie Nicks. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3p-AHX0ml0&feature=player_detailpage#t=34

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Just when you think things are starting to settle down, the yelling kicks up from down the hall again. A bottle smashes and two pistol shots ring out, and you're all out the door to investigate. Unfortunately, you arrive too late. Poor Warren's gone from dead-drunk to just plain dead, slumped over his piano, smoking gun still in his hand. Mysterious.

Serial Killer Amoeba102 (Warren Zevon) has been killed night five.

quote:

Welcome, Amoeba102. You are Warren Zevon, a Serial Killer. You're a hard-living, piano-pounding singer-songwriter with chops for miles and a mean streak just about as long. You eat guys like Billy Joel and Elton John for breakfast. Currently (1976), you've gotten your first major-label record (self-titled) out on wax, and it's just scraped its way into the top 200. However, the next one's gonna be big. You've been opening for Jackson Browne and bandleading for the Everly Brothers long enough---the Excitable Boy is about to hit the big time, even if it takes a bizarre single about werewolves cut with Fleetwood Mac's rhythm section. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gACg4fdaEGI#t=54

Abilities:

Pregame, you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof. PM this choice ASAP.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.

Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

It is now Day Six.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 30, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Your Personal Muse

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 31st, 2014 at 9:30 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

woah my second lylo in a couple of days crazy stuff

well, i am confirmed town, you both case each other and then i will vote ypm

a good plan

• Locked thread