Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This does not feel like it will lead to a scum flip, it's just 'gotcha' scumhunting. What have mafia values come to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Amoeba102 posted:

What do you mean by safe vote?

The vote most likely to hit scum on D1, when we're essentially firing randomly.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pesuming that I am town and Epsilon is scum, what motivation does Epsilon have for pushing CT over me?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Pesuming that I am town and Epsilon is scum, what motivation does Epsilon have for pushing CT over me?

I actually have an answer to this; can I forward an idea without everyone assuming I'm filthy murderous scum?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Do it.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Lurkers (which i have unfortunately been so far oops) are generally easier to lynch than people who are around because lurkers are less likely to come to their own defense or have people come to their defense. So, he'd have to try less hard to get me lynched v. getting you lynched in theory

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

The vote most likely to hit scum on D1, when we're essentially firing randomly.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

See here again it doesn't really sound like you think Chic is scum. It's like you're just playing probabilities. It's the language. It's the vibe.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sorry for the relative silence, folks; I've been coming out the other side of a bad cold (yeeeah dizziness and fever alldayerryday!) and have in general had a really hard time parsing this day, since it seems to be really focused on community meta that I don't really understand. I've had a hard time getting scum reads from it.

My basic thoughts: my first impulse is to say that Somber is probably not scum, since I feel like scum would put up at least a token resistance to being turbo'd, although I know this is extremely WIFOM. In that light, I feel like Ras's vote on him is kind of easy -- sheeping off EXAKT's logic, which isn't amazing but at least is logic-shaped (based on meta).

##vote: Rascyc

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That is from an "epsilon is scum" perspective, of course

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I don't know why you think you're getting lynched, while you do have votes on you, they aren't that many right now and the trend of the thread is that people don't want to lynch you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

Lurkers (which i have unfortunately been so far oops) are generally easier to lynch than people who are around because lurkers are less likely to come to their own defense or have people come to their defense. So, he'd have to try less hard to get me lynched v. getting you lynched in theory

Maybe in theory, but I don't feel like that's the actuality of this game. I haven't been much of a presence at all.

Also, who do you think is a mafia?

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't know why you think you're getting lynched, while you do have votes on you, they aren't that many right now and the trend of the thread is that people don't want to lynch you.

I was at four not that long ago. The way it looks, we're heading towards an apathy lynch. I wouldn't bet money that I make it through today.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, but I reckon 4 would have been the peak. What are we betting?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe in theory, but I don't feel like that's the actuality of this game. I haven't been much of a presence at all.

More of a presence than I have and that's all it really takes!

I don't currently have any strong reads for either scum or town, tbh I've been very distracted by rl things (like i said in the thread just a while ago), but I feel like one of capps and YPM might be scum from how they hovered on the Proctor Cat vote for a while after their newbie status came out. I'm probably going to reread the thread tonight

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

I was at four not that long ago. The way it looks, we're heading towards an apathy lynch. I wouldn't bet money that I make it through today.

Dude you aren't even the vote leader anymore, wtf?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

See here again it doesn't really sound like you think Chic is scum. It's like you're just playing probabilities. It's the language. It's the vibe.

:jerkbag: Out of everything I've read so far, Chic Trombone is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

That is totally what I am doing. Playing. The probabilities. The numbers game.

Somberbrero posted:

Well, you voted CT. This could be an appeal to get you on my side, given that I have previous experience with you tunneling me - anyone aware of our previous interactions could decide that if you're not pursuing me, I'm likely town. Convincing you early of my town-status would be a net win for me, as I don't know many of the players here, and people are more familiar with you than me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

EXAKT Science posted:

No, I was taking issue with your pushing Proctor.

That push that was based off me declaring whoever confirmed after me was scum? That huge push? Are you scum with Proctor? We can murder you all.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Why do you think I'm most likely to be scum?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't currently have any strong reads for either scum or town, tbh I've been very distracted by rl things (like i said in the thread just a while ago), but I feel like one of capps and YPM might be scum from how they hovered on the Proctor Cat vote for a while after their newbie status came out. I'm probably going to reread the thread tonight

It's hard to tell Capps is even playing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

:jerkbag: Out of everything I've read so far, Chic Trombone is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

That is totally what I am doing. Playing. The probabilities. The numbers game.

Just saying how what impression I get. It just sounds like you took a passive stance previously.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also I'd like to point out that saying someone's "most likely to be scum" sounds super wishy-washy

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Your Personal Muse posted:

That push that was based off me declaring whoever confirmed after me was scum? That huge push? Are you scum with Proctor? We can murder you all.

It was this post that pinged for me:

I wish to murder this man/woman for this post. I do not like it and my bloodthirsty nature is rising up in me. This post smells of a scum who didn't have anything to say so they made a sly joke that implies they are town. Let us murder Epsilon and put his head on a stick, and then murder Proctor and put his head on a stick and then they can be stick buddies.

You looked like you wanted to set up a chain-lynch, as I explained when Amoeba pushed me to elaborate on my reads.

Amoeba102 posted:

It's hard to tell Capps is even playing.

yeah capps where are you?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Like if you think I'm scum at least have some conviction about it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Dude you aren't even the vote leader anymore, wtf?

I was like half an hour ago.

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm not feeling it either right now but there's still some stuff that stands out to me. I dunno, it bugs me how much you are hedging your opinions here.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, you voted CT. This could be an appeal to get you on my side, given that I have previous experience with you tunneling me - anyone aware of our previous interactions could decide that if you're not pursuing me, I'm likely town. Convincing you early of my town-status would be a net win for me, as I don't know many of the players here, and people are more familiar with you than me.

That sounds a little convoluted. If I were scum there are plenty of weak and awkward posts I could pick apart right now, I wouldn't need some Grand Design.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

EXAKT Science posted:

It was this post that pinged for me:

You looked like you wanted to set up a chain-lynch, as I explained when Amoeba pushed me to elaborate on my reads.

You should have probably figured out why I was "pushing" proctor so bad before you assuming I'm setting up a chain lynch. In order to set up a chain lynch, I would have had to link Proctor and Epsilon and make their alignments dependent on each other.

If I was trying to set up a chain lynch, it was when I said you and Proctor might be scum because you were defending Proctor so bad. But I didn't do that, because I am really good at mafia.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

You should have probably figured out why I was "pushing" proctor so bad before you assuming I'm setting up a chain lynch. In order to set up a chain lynch, I would have had to link Proctor and Epsilon and make their alignments dependent on each other.

If I was trying to set up a chain lynch, it was when I said you and Proctor might be scum because you were defending Proctor so bad. But I didn't do that, because I am really good at mafia.

Okay man whatever.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Like if you think I'm scum at least have some conviction about it

I really don't like "don't lynch the newbie" as it discounts a potentially valid target of investigation. That's my biggest thing. Nobody else at this point is really bothering me as much as you.

Y'all can say it's lovely all you want, but it's my current stance and until I find a more compelling vote I'm sticking with it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

I am really trying to understand this. This is you saying that if you were scum and Somber was town this is how it makes sense for you to be voting for Chic?

Basically you are saying that by buddying up to Somber you would convince him of your towniness, and the rest of us would just assume you must be town because Somber thinks you are? I don't know how this makes me feel about you alignment-wise, but it does make me question how on earth your thought process arrives here.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Brain damage in my formative years, primarily.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

I really don't like "don't lynch the newbie" as it discounts a potentially valid target of investigation.
It's a thing we do around here to make people want to play more games and get involved. And then you get hooked :getin:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

I really don't like "don't lynch the newbie" as it discounts a potentially valid target of investigation. That's my biggest thing. Nobody else at this point is really bothering me as much as you.

Y'all can say it's lovely all you want, but it's my current stance and until I find a more compelling vote I'm sticking with it.

Yes but WHY is she bothering you? Just because her handful of posts aren't "game-related" enough? How about Capps who's posts are even less game-related? How about YPM who has posted nothing but bluster? There's nothing wrong with asking you to either elaborate more on why Chic is scum or at least providing reasoning why she is scummier than other people that have done basically the same thing she has.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

It's a thing we do around here to make people want to play more games and get involved. And then you get hooked :getin:

Yeah and it generally only applies to D1, the most awkward of all days. After that everyone is fair game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd also vote Capps. Hi, Capps.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sooo your reason was that I extended a common courtesy that over half the people in the thread has also given to Proctor Cat?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon seems like he is guilty of terrible reasoning, but it feels like if he were scum he would hop on a better bandwagon than this weak one on Chic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Personally, I'd rather not do a lurker lynch on D1.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes but WHY is she bothering you? Just because her handful of posts aren't "game-related" enough? How about Capps who's posts are even less game-related? How about YPM who has posted nothing but bluster? There's nothing wrong with asking you to either elaborate more on why Chic is scum or at least providing reasoning why she is scummier than other people that have done basically the same thing she has.

I'm making the assumption that Capps will grace us with his presence eventually. YPM is very blustery but is actually engaging with people.

Chic Trombone posted:

Sooo your reason was that I extended a common courtesy that over half the people in the thread has also given to Proctor Cat?

"over half the people in this thread" is waaay overstating it unless you consider "didn't vote Proctor Cat" to be the same thing.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Note: holy poo poo, it's three hours to deadline, which makes me re-evaluate capps

You're posting in other games, could you grace us with your presence?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Epsilon Plus

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Bluster and arrogance is all I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I probably won't be around for deadline. I am okay voting Epsilon for becoming increasingly antsy as the day drags on.

• Locked thread