Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well, Hal. What would you like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote av Still not sure if this is super winnable but hey.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone else going to weigh in?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Anyone else going to weigh in?

Hehe, sorry I have been out celebrating a lot of the weekend.

I feel terrible about your dead-man-walking situation, that is rough.

I think AV is almost certainly the best way to go because I don't really see Somber-YPM (mostly because I don't think it could be Somber) but I do want to think about it a little bit when I am in a more coherent state since I guess it's sort of do-or-die tonight. Although maybe not since you can probably get a kill off since you seem to be a fine gentleman who wants to help town :)

I'm gonna take a quick nap and then see if anything jumps out at me between those three.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Although maybe not since you can probably get a kill off since you seem to be a fine gentleman who wants to help town :)

Yeah, or make scum's victory even bigger if the kill goes awry.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think Anti is scum, yes. I think people think I'm scum because I used the word murder a lot, which is dumb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think Anti is scum, yes. I think people think I'm scum because I used the word murder a lot, which is dumb.

I think you are scum because two of you, Hal, and AV are scum and I don't think it is Hal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, please come in and say you want AV voted; but before that, Ernie and Hal discus if and who you want me to kill anyone. Cheers.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time believing YPM would be flippant about not putting in effort as scum. I'm not seeing any sort of misleading play or diversion from him. I'd want you to kill Somber regardless of how AV flips.

However, if both Hal and you think it's more likely to be YPM, go down that road.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am so cross that we are going to lose this, Ernie.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So, I hate to be a dick, but...

It turns out that this game was not done in time for me to be leaving for a week to a land where I have minimal internet. Do you guys mind if the last couple flips and days and the like might be a little slower than usual?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

So, I hate to be a dick, but...

It turns out that this game was not done in time for me to be leaving for a week to a land where I have minimal internet. Do you guys mind if the last couple flips and days and the like might be a little slower than usual?
Well I am here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bowmore posted:

Well I am here.

Oh right, duh.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Antivehicular

Post thoughts and I'll see who you want me to kill when I get up in the morning.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote antivehicular

Somberbrero posted:

I am so cross that we are going to lose this, Ernie.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong. :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will hammer but I don't want to do it quite yet since AV has barely spoken today so I'd like to hear a little more before potentially losing the game if I am wrong.

Ernie, I don't think I agree on Somber, even though he was my top choice on D1. I just see more stuff that feels honest from him. The only thing that really bugs me about him is his stance on you during doctor-gate, but I also think he would be more circumspect as scum rather than trying to force a bad lynch on you. That isn't to say that I think YPM has been the epitome of scum, it's more process of elimination combined with him being basically unreadable to me this game.

I am trying to work the math on whether or not is is better for Amoeba to kill or not if we do get scum today. I guess it would be the difference between tomorrow being LYLO or MYLO if he hits town?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would like to remind people that somber is incredibly good at faking sincerity. However, I think everything will be more clear as soon as anti flips and we confirm that anti is scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to remind people that somber is incredibly good at faking sincerity. However, I think everything will be more clear as soon as anti flips and we confirm that anti is scum.

What exactly will that clear up?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am trying to work the math on whether or not is is better for Amoeba to kill or not if we do get scum today. I guess it would be the difference between tomorrow being LYLO or MYLO if he hits town?

6 alive, 3:1:2

If anti is scum we're down to 3:1:1
even with a mis-kill we're at 1:1:1 and the scum should be obvious

If anti is town, we're down to 2:1:1
with a mis-kill by amoeba he wins the game

I'm okay with either eventuality. Amoeba has played well.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

2:1:2 if anti is town then 0:1:2 or 1:0:2 if I miss kill. 111 or 201 if I kill scum. but I'd probably get blocked if they thought I was going to get it right. so likely outcome is 112.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

If you're going to case me then actually case me.

This is super annoying. Someone please click the little ? by this post and tell me why I'm scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

What exactly will that clear up?

I've been pushing for anti. Not heavily because there was a lot of resistance but I always thought he was scum. If he flips scum, it'll be easier to go back and clear my name. I think it'll be easier to also go back and see the connections you and somber made.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bleah, I'm sorry I've been completely silent. Like Allen mentioned, holiday stuff is happening (road trip! whoo!) and of course everything in my life exploded even prior to that. I probably won't be around again tonight, and tomorrow is looking hazy.

Personally, I lean Somber/YPM for scum at this point; this feels like a game where scum has really been in the driver's seat, which fits with their general activity levels. It's not a strong case, but I have no drat brain at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Deadline is in under 2 hours. If you want to say anything do it now.

I swear scum would have hammered now if AV was town because it would win them the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

Deadline is in under 2 hours. If you want to say anything do it now.

I swear scum would have hammered now if AV was town because it would win them the game.

I feel dumb for trusting you because of the Vig claim and not putting the pieces together at any point. It's probably to your benefit to kill me if Anti flips scum, though I wish you wouldn't.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure I can't win even if I get to a 3 team standoff unless Ernie decides to hand me the win; even though he would be in a winnable position.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal or YPM just hammer already.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Antivehicular (3): Somberbrero, Amoeba102, Ernie.

Not Voting (3): Antivehicular, Hal Incandenza, Your Personal Muse

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 22nd, 2014 at 4:49 p.m. CST -- that's in about 33 minutes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Good win scum, I guess.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not sure I should even be bothered helping a town that won't help itself.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I am really sad that this is happening.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I put in tons of effort this game. :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I know Ernie, but it's been a pretty low effort game. Which is really unfortunate because Allen put in a lot of effort modding and with flavour.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If we no-lynch; I'll probably just kill myself to put myself out of this misery.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

By the way, I would have handed you the win if I became a king-maker, Amoeba. You played well. I'm not sure how much of what I picked up on on D1 was actually legitimate but you managed to fool everyone for long enough (even the scums) and town right now would already be in a nigh-unwinnable situation if you're not helping us. Also, it's almost Christmas and some times we all need to remember that it's a game and not a competition.

:3:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie, if someone does come and hammer; you still want Somber dead?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie. posted:

By the way, I would have handed you the win if I became a king-maker, Amoeba. You played well. I'm not sure how much of what I picked up on on D1 was actually legitimate but you managed to fool everyone for long enough (even the scums) and town right now would already be in a nigh-unwinnable situation if you're not helping us. Also, it's almost Christmas and some times we all need to remember that it's a game and not a competition.

:3:

I would have liked for us to be locked in SK v Doc limbo for eternity.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Ernie, if someone does come and hammer; you still want Somber dead?

No, I think it would make more sense to go for Anti in that case, right?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If someone hammers, Anti is dead. If no one hammers I could try and kill Anti, but I'll get roleblocked if Anti is scum. Leaves you open to doc though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

I know Ernie, but it's been a pretty low effort game. Which is really unfortunate because Allen put in a lot of effort modding and with flavour.

Yeah, the flavor has been very solid.

Oh well.

• Locked thread