Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
o/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Confirmed!!!!!!!!!11111

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I am some music jammer but I couldn't view the youtube where I am at so I'll do that later~

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sounds good Ace!

##vote somber

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

If Ras can't ferret out the scum on this lynch afterwards then he's probably scum himself.
Every time you said this before you were scum :P

I'm honestly just not paying that much attention atm - pumpkin cookies are in the house for the night!!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

I agree tho, it does feel weird that Ras in particular stands out to me, but the best way I can describe it is that I would play that situation the exact same way as scum and Ras is very good at mafia so I'm inherently suspicious of him in a way that is sometimes tiring. Also I've been drinking a little.
Literally two posts in the game and you think I stand out, whaaa? You can't be this lazy. Although maybe that drunk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Okay to be fair, the games where I hounded you relentlessly over the course of days, you were scum.

I can't tell if Ras is coyly trying to avoid culpability or if he's just chill and therein lies the trouble I have with Ras most games.
I don't think I've ever been scum in a game with you.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Okay you are being super disingenuous. Why would the quantity of posts matter?
Because there was pretty much no content to go on in such a way that I'd stand out. I can understand if you were just meta'ing but you've got the meta framed incorrectly. When you pulled the "ras is scum" on the perceived basis of me being wrong, you were scum. You were screaming it right up until your lynch. I think you were saying it even AFTER hammer in the game I am thinking of~

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671094&userid=147412#post436428456

quote:

##vote Rascyc bc he's the best and too good at scum, imho.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671094&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post436566201

quote:

Lynch Ras and Dhd tomorrow, good luck.
3 minutes before deadline after everyone called him scum based on his fake claim.,

Sorry I mis-remembered, it wasn't after hammer but literally right before deadline when it was obvious you were a goner :V

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
holy poo poo YPM is in this game!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That is a pretty excellent case Ernie. I'd give it four stars out of five. I think it is a case that has only ever been rivaled by cases written by the 2014 Mafia Champion, Merk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hal Incandenza posted:

People who say "disingenuous" in mafia are usually scum. This may be the most solid case made in this thread so far.

Somberbrero posted:

Okay you are being super disingenuous. Why would the quantity of posts matter?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is this Amoeba guy new?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Amoeba102 posted:

Why do you ask?
I just have no idea how you thought the original joke post was a 'slip'

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ya I don't really like f_v agreeing with my post about Somber. I honestly don't even know what there was to agree with, as I was mostly starting a conversation at Somber who has since dropped it. I assume he really was drunk.

##vote f_v

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

EXAKT Science posted:

To be fair, I've only played one game with YPM, where he was scum, and the main similarity is that he was extremely shitposty there, and seems to be doing so here as well. The read on him is more gut than anything else really.

As far as Somber, it's largely the lack of aggression that's pinging for me. I'm used to see him throw more votes around, even on day 1. Not only that, but he's using a lot of argument from meta, which seems out of character for his town game.
If you read those posts I linked earlier of Somber's scum game, he pretty much exhibited zero aggression and did nothing.

If we can't kill f_v can we get somber at least?

##vote somber

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Epsilon Plus

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I probably won't be around for deadline. I am okay voting Epsilon for becoming increasingly antsy as the day drags on.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ernie is the SK

##vote ernie

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think Amoeba is town because I don't see someone making this post after I straight up found the first scum based on a single post of f_v's:

Amoeba102 posted:

That post by F_v definitely stands out in their post history because I have no idea what they are talking about - not necessarily scummy. But the rest is mild, not anything to think they are scum over. They took Epsilon's joke at face value but I don't really see how that can give an alignment call. I guess I'd really like to see more from fiery.

This was post was straight in response to me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really see people definitively saying there is an SK in the game before there is any proof that there is one. Speculating there might be one, maybe (but still weird on D1) but seeming to be sure there is? I don't see that happening.
There's definitely an SK because a vig should be claiming right now. It's standard C9++ play. The only person who would have vigged f_v is me and I am not the vig. There's plenty of reasons for SK to kill f_v though, reasons that aren't worth realy discussing because who cares about the SK thought process?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

The last two names here feel out of place but sure.

Amoeba seems to be soft-claiming the vigilante kill, so that seems like a waste of effort barring further information.

What do I actually need to say about Antiarrhythmia? I think the notion that her play is too scum to be scum is silly. I don't know why you would assume that FV would be coaching her when FV had a drastically reduced game presence on day one. As an aside, Antihistamine made scummy posts besides her most notable one, I just didn't bring attention to them yesterday because of the new player clause.

Hal has been picking up on the same trends that I am today. I am town, so I would presume that he is town as well. His effort seems genuine.

Antiretroviral pushed Rascyc and she's someone I would call scum without hesitation, so that's good enough for me.

##vote AntiVehicular

If I'm wrong, I would vote for ChicTrombone. There are plenty of her posts that struck me as suspicious besides her vote on Epsilon, and I've already pointed out some of the other problems with that post.
Amobea are you the vig? You should be absolutely claiming if so, not this soft claim stuff.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Could be, he needs to claim. I think Ernie is just straight up scum then trying to do his 'drive the town' act.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also his petulant post-hammer rant was pretty scummy. If he was invested enough in the game to rant, he should have tried to be more persuasive towards the later half of the day. His case sat since early d1 and I've seen him do this trick as scum before and it's not a bad one in all honesty.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm out for most of today. I would compromise to AntiV because I think Somber's points are spot on.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

EXAKT Science posted:

I think Anti's probably our best bet for today. Her posting yesterday, combined with the fact that capps was pushing her and got killed, makes her the most obvious scum, in my mind.
Don't like this post at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

It does sound like he's setting himself up for a soft landing if we're wrong but I also hedge my vote in an earlier post. I say that I'd move towards Chic if I turned out to be wrong. I dunno if the sentiments are that different or if we're both just scummy.
ya but there's hedging and then there's trying to 'decipher' NK choices. nobody kills capps because they are afraid of him (the dude is completely random when he's not that interested), and even if it was anyone else, concluding that someone died to prevent a push the very next day is an empty read. NK choices rarely lead to reliable reads. They're not flips at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ernie. posted:

All of this is 100% wrong in my opinion.
well the only people who are 100% in a game of mafia are scum soooooooooooo!!!!!1

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
okay I really do have to step away. Let's kill Ernie cause this latest stuff is all junk and blah blah blah

##vote Ernie

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah this is completely over the top. I think that you play with a certain level of inherent outrage but it feels fake.
oh yeah this is 98% true. If anyone hasn't played with ernie before, you can't use his emotional state as a judge of alignment necessarily. He does this regardless of his alignment if he feels like he's being cased poorly

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ernie. posted:

So if my outrage isn't all junk, then what about my content is junk?
the post hammer rant

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
false dichotomy

also that passage can be functionally summarized to a defense of "I'm town guys, honest"

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
f_v was scum for using the word 'disingenuous' two times

whoever said that on d1 is a god amongst mafia super stars, merk tier imo

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
it's not

vig has to instant claim for the town clear. If there is only 1 NK tonight, then we know the vig claim is probably very true. If the vig is really the SK passing on the NK then we just merk Amoeba when we've dumpstered all the scum.

IIRC, the scum basically know the setup at this point 100% (this is almost always the case in the middle of d2), so role revealing basically means we out the remaining town PRs, all of the scum claim VT, and now you are left choosing from the VTs to kill while the PRs are lined up for the NKs and/or RBs if scum have them.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
it's 2-3 scum in a c9++ game dependent on town PRs

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Scum Roles
TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TTTTTT = Goon + Godfather
TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TTTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
0 Ts = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There's no reason to unvote. I'm 98.9% certain Ernie is scum.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ya the vote stuff is meaningless to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Amoeba102 posted:

Man it's actually confusing because Ras voted Ernie twice without unvoting. So I look back at the original vote and keep missing the second one which isn't predicated on there being an SK.
I mentally swapped to Anti at some point, I might have forgotten the unvote when Somb and I were bouncing thoughts.

• Locked thread