Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello mafia, my old friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ready!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Proctor Cat posted:

I'm two decades too late and probably wrong continent to really "get" who I am, but my hair's kind of cool. I guess. In that unwashed way.

why are we voting for the sad hat

##vote Proctor Cat

Stop asking questions!

It's okay if we turbo me, I've got a lot to do at work the next couple weeks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Ras can't ferret out the scum on this lynch afterwards then he's probably scum himself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh I absolutely don't need a replacement, but I'm VT and hopefully you can all use this to achieve something more important. Like lynching either Procter or Ras. I think Procter's initial hesitation to jump on this bandwagon is very telling and I'm not sure why Ras is so down for this sudden death turbo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

How exactly does Procter's unwillingness to hop on the turbo make him scummy?

Town probably doesn't give a poo poo about looking bad on a turbo, scum would. Moreover he's hesitant until he's called out on it and then jumps on when he realizes it looks bad anyway.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel like Procter is scum but I also feel bad voting a player I've never seen before on day one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I just got a strong gut feel from that hop-on and I'm trying to trust my instincts more because I often talk myself out of my correct convictions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps be nice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I agree tho, it does feel weird that Ras in particular stands out to me, but the best way I can describe it is that I would play that situation the exact same way as scum and Ras is very good at mafia so I'm inherently suspicious of him in a way that is sometimes tiring. Also I've been drinking a little.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey Somber if you don't die can we have our Traditional Townie Slapfight. I would be sad if we did not.

Okay to be fair, the games where I hounded you relentlessly over the course of days, you were scum.

I can't tell if Ras is coyly trying to avoid culpability or if he's just chill and therein lies the trouble I have with Ras most games.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Literally two posts in the game and you think I stand out, whaaa? You can't be this lazy. Although maybe that drunk.

Okay you are being super disingenuous. Why would the quantity of posts matter?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Stick buddies best buddies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey I forgot about this game.

I think it's important that I say that my call on Ras and Cat was made when I was -1. Those were my best gut calls. Reading what ras has posted since makes my head hurt honestly so I'm guessing he's town now.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Keystone is a pretty good beer, I wouldn't mind an XL one right now.

Chic Trombone posted:

I feel like it's weird that more people haven't unvoted Proctor since it came out that it's their first mafia game

I haven't played either of them, actually

Would vote these two for white noise when there's stuff happening.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

Somber is clutching at straws with most of the bandwagon votes. I only feel Proctor, who has the newbie shield, has definitely shown scum signs in regards to the bandwagon. Exakt has possible minor scum signs because I think their bandwagon vote was late and beyond the heat of the moment.

Can I ask you to expand on that? I was seriously -1 to lynch there and wanted to say anything meaningful before going out. I'm not sure I get what you're saying since you say I'm clutching at straws but you also agree that Cat was scummy there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

Clutching at straws with Ras, I should have been more clear.

Okay well yeah, I agree. I generally overworry on Ras because he's good at mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Did the deadline change or am I just crazy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
YPM has a decent point when it comes to Epsilon but I really don't feel like arguing with Epsilon. I'm much more inclined to vote Trombone, he's been posting very conversationally without much of a point when there was a lot of action going on in that time frame.

##vote Chic Trombone

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No one did anything in 'Straya mafia until near deadline. I was out taking my dog on a walk when I got bandwagoned, as I recall.

I'm still comfortable voting Chic.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

To be fair, I've only played one game with YPM, where he was scum, and the main similarity is that he was extremely shitposty there, and seems to be doing so here as well. The read on him is more gut than anything else really.

As far as Somber, it's largely the lack of aggression that's pinging for me. I'm used to see him throw more votes around, even on day 1. Not only that, but he's using a lot of argument from meta, which seems out of character for his town game.

Normally it's on me to pick a fight and get content going, but that's not really the case here. My lynch seems kinda foregone and I just don't particularly have the gumption to fight it that hard this time. When I'm not leading the game I often end up fading into the background of the game.

This is why I think that meta arguments are largely hogwash.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

You're not even half way to being lynched :confused:

There are also a few people who have barely posted. Proctor, Antivehicular, I'm looking at you. Come post and tell us your scum reads!

I think you'll get lynched for this post later.

There's not much more I can say about Chic. Quoting the posts I found scummy would be meaningless out of context. She looks like she's faking involvement by commenting on neutral points and not reading into alignment when there was a big dust-up going on around her.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Let's say for argument's sake that I've had tunnel vision on Epsilon and didn't read why Chic is scum. Can you give it to me in 3 sentences or less?

I think I gave it to you in two right in that quote, but alright. Here's a second sentence. This right here would be a third.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well Mafia is hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This does not feel like it will lead to a scum flip, it's just 'gotcha' scumhunting. What have mafia values come to?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pesuming that I am town and Epsilon is scum, what motivation does Epsilon have for pushing CT over me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

Lurkers (which i have unfortunately been so far oops) are generally easier to lynch than people who are around because lurkers are less likely to come to their own defense or have people come to their defense. So, he'd have to try less hard to get me lynched v. getting you lynched in theory

Maybe in theory, but I don't feel like that's the actuality of this game. I haven't been much of a presence at all.

Also, who do you think is a mafia?

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't know why you think you're getting lynched, while you do have votes on you, they aren't that many right now and the trend of the thread is that people don't want to lynch you.

I was at four not that long ago. The way it looks, we're heading towards an apathy lynch. I wouldn't bet money that I make it through today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Dude you aren't even the vote leader anymore, wtf?

I was like half an hour ago.

Chic Trombone posted:

More of a presence than I have and that's all it really takes!

I don't currently have any strong reads for either scum or town, tbh I've been very distracted by rl things (like i said in the thread just a while ago), but I feel like one of capps and YPM might be scum from how they hovered on the Proctor Cat vote for a while after their newbie status came out. I'm probably going to reread the thread tonight

I'm not feeling it either right now but there's still some stuff that stands out to me. I dunno, it bugs me how much you are hedging your opinions here.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, you voted CT. This could be an appeal to get you on my side, given that I have previous experience with you tunneling me - anyone aware of our previous interactions could decide that if you're not pursuing me, I'm likely town. Convincing you early of my town-status would be a net win for me, as I don't know many of the players here, and people are more familiar with you than me.

That sounds a little convoluted. If I were scum there are plenty of weak and awkward posts I could pick apart right now, I wouldn't need some Grand Design.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd also vote Capps. Hi, Capps.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

Oh

This guy is scum

##vote Antivehicular

Yeah but we're doing the newbie thing. The thing is that this game is mostly newbies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I forgot how to play mafia because of depression. My poor play this game is a cry for help.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also you weren't here and I felt smugly complacent in not voting someone I thought was town.

I'm definitely voting AntiVehicular day two.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

I kind of feel like Epsilon's the serial killer, from him assuming two scum

##vote Epsilon

Still a bizarre post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't see much to be gleaned from FV. There's just not enough content, I think.

preview: Fair enough but I don't think I want to base any of my own reads off that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Was there something that indicated there was an SK in this game that I missed? Because if not I realllllllllly find this post weird.

No, I'm on the same page. Especially considering that we had two night kills it seems like a very odd or else very unfortunate train of thought.

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Antivehicular

Yeah that too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

##vote amoeba

Everyone targeting Chic, it's pretty obvious that there's an SK in the gaming considering the town role PM tells us town can win with one town player left alive which would be impossible if it's exclusively a town vs. scum game.

I didn't actually bother to read that, who actually checks the fine print on their role message?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

I kind of feel like Epsilon's the serial killer, from him assuming two scum

##vote Epsilon

From a completely different perspective, this justification is strange. Chic doesn't need to say anything here because it was 5 minutes until the lynch hit and EP was at -2. I see Chic trying to soften the blowback from a town flip.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

"Slips" like that tell us nothing. It's much more likely that it's a town player making poor assumptions rather than a scum loving up. I'm much more careful as a scum when it comes to blurting out things that might give everything away.

I didn't see you sayin' poo poo when people were playing 'gotcha' with Epsilon yesterday.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I think our last scum(s) have to be between Amoeba, Antiperpendicular, Hal and Rascyc. If everyone could give me a single bullet point of thoughts on each of these players it would be awesome. I'll even start.

The last two names here feel out of place but sure.

Amoeba seems to be soft-claiming the vigilante kill, so that seems like a waste of effort barring further information.

What do I actually need to say about Antiarrhythmia? I think the notion that her play is too scum to be scum is silly. I don't know why you would assume that FV would be coaching her when FV had a drastically reduced game presence on day one. As an aside, Antihistamine made scummy posts besides her most notable one, I just didn't bring attention to them yesterday because of the new player clause.

Hal has been picking up on the same trends that I am today. I am town, so I would presume that he is town as well. His effort seems genuine.

Antiretroviral pushed Rascyc and she's someone I would call scum without hesitation, so that's good enough for me.

##vote AntiVehicular

If I'm wrong, I would vote for ChicTrombone. There are plenty of her posts that struck me as suspicious besides her vote on Epsilon, and I've already pointed out some of the other problems with that post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amoeba102 posted:

Ernie, I'll probably go into more depth when I get to work instead of when I'm supposed to be getting ready in the morning, but :smug: So how about that f_v then?

I could be misreading, but that's what I took away from this post. I don't know why 102 would play coy about it when that's critical information though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Also his petulant post-hammer rant was pretty scummy. If he was invested enough in the game to rant, he should have tried to be more persuasive towards the later half of the day. His case sat since early d1 and I've seen him do this trick as scum before and it's not a bad one in all honesty.

That's a pretty good point. I've disagreed with some of his casing but I saw that more as content-driving than dishonest effort. Regardless I don't think we should end today without voting Antithesis.

Hey, would it be smart to claim here? I think I need to read how this setup actually works. Presuming we have a cop + cop result + doc + a vig, that could go a long way towards solving the game.

• Locked thread