Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll play because Hal is playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Confirmed.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why turbo and not, you know, look for a replacement if it's really necessary?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah I agree with you Ernie.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Because as scum you might be trying too hard to do the townie thing. And really, if ever there was an awkward post, that was it right there.
Why did you jump on the bandwagon after being questioned?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Haha, that'd be pretty pretentious for the Eagles to do a song called Eagle Rock. Or, unimaginative. Either one.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey Somber if you don't die can we have our Traditional Townie Slapfight. I would be sad if we did not.

How do you know he's not scum?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somber is clutching at straws with most of the bandwagon votes. I only feel Proctor, who has the newbie shield, has definitely shown scum signs in regards to the bandwagon. Exakt has possible minor scum signs because I think their bandwagon vote was late and beyond the heat of the moment.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I wasn't really counting at the time, but poo poo I can't believe you clowns nearly turbo'd.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Can I ask you to expand on that? I was seriously -1 to lynch there and wanted to say anything meaningful before going out. I'm not sure I get what you're saying since you say I'm clutching at straws but you also agree that Cat was scummy there.

Clutching at straws with Ras, I should have been more clear.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, I didn't preview reply so it's a null point since you've clarified it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well we're at about a day to go, time to get our poo poo together. I don't even remember when the original deadline was.

Hal, are you scum. You're not posting much and I'm worried.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Amoeba is scum and here is why.

In context this seems like a pretty good 'catch' but I didn't react because

1) Somber had gotten to -1 previous to this and everyone should have a read on him. If Epsilon knows that he himself is town and thought Somber's claim/play is townie, the post makes sense, and Amoeba definitely can think/reason this way.

2) I wanted to see whether Amoeba would follow up on the post.

The immediate next post Amoeba has amnesia about suspecting that Epsilon is scum because Epsilon said Somber is town. In fact he slightly accuses Somber of being scum even though according to the previously quoted post this position should be 100% incompatible with what he said before. Additionally, he now thinks Exakt and Proctor are scum.

This feels more like Scum emulating what they think town would do when they're scumhunting, rather than a townie following up on reads and being internally consistent. So far Amoeba has 'suspected' 4 people, and agreed with me when I said I thought EXAKT was being scummy, but later came up with more ~reasons~ to affirm this suspicion and yet

He starts suspecting the 5th, and Hal hasn't been much of a presence in many games recently and then Amoeba goes for the town leader/why are we apathetic vibe. This last particular post is 100% motivated by blending in rather than acting upon his suspicions like any townie would.

##vote Amoeba102

1) What? I don't know what you're saying here. Epsilon just came out and said Somber was town, it was just a very uncritical post by Epsilon.
2) Sorry for not following it up.

That's not an accusation of Somber, and even if it was it wouldn't be incompatible with Epsilon being scum because bussing is a thing.

As for Hal, I only joined the game to play with Hal and he's not even here. I haven't played for over a year, how would I know he hasn't had much of a presence in recent games?

I can barely follow what it is you're trying to say man, sorry.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Alternative to 1) A scum player could call their scumbro town; so no extension should be made.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Or I didn't say I thought Epsilon knew Somber was town, only that he was quick to state Somber was town.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I guess I'm still waiting for a response from Epsilon.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If I thought Epsilon made a scum slip, why wouldn't I have jumped on it? It's meant to be a prod, but Epsilon's invisibility kind of blunts it

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Your response seems overly tildy. It doesn't seem natural unless you're yuming.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Is this Amoeba guy new?

Why do you ask?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Meebs, are you gonna run any more games ever? You're still my favorite mod

Maybe next year.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't. There was an "if" there. IF I thought Epsilon KNEW Somber was town, as some people interpreted me as saying, that would be something I would think would be a slip.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree that post was bad. EP seems certain that Somber is town, which he can't know if he is town too.

Here's the guy that took it at face value.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon's post at face value, that is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That post by F_v definitely stands out in their post history because I have no idea what they are talking about - not necessarily scummy. But the rest is mild, not anything to think they are scum over. They took Epsilon's joke at face value but I don't really see how that can give an alignment call. I guess I'd really like to see more from fiery.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Exakt, can you elaborate more on what's scummy about YPM's play. And is it just Somber playing less aggressive that's giving you vibes, anything else about what he's done?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote EXAKT Science

I don't like his play. Seem a bit opportunistic with their bandwagon on the Somber turbo and their reasoning for now thinking Somber is scummy feels convenient to me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought his points were pretty valid.

I thought they needed elaboration. But EXAKT reads as genuine in his response, so I doubt my call about conveniently finding Somber scummy. And if he's genuine then I'm not confident in my read any more at all. ##unvote

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What do you mean by safe vote?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's the point of asking people questions for responses if someone else answers. Sigh.

Yeah, Epsilon is looking for a safe vote not scum, and had a forced response to my previous probing question. ##vote Epsilon Plus

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

The vote most likely to hit scum on D1, when we're essentially firing randomly.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

See here again it doesn't really sound like you think Chic is scum. It's like you're just playing probabilities. It's the language. It's the vibe.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Pesuming that I am town and Epsilon is scum, what motivation does Epsilon have for pushing CT over me?

I don't know why you think you're getting lynched, while you do have votes on you, they aren't that many right now and the trend of the thread is that people don't want to lynch you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, but I reckon 4 would have been the peak. What are we betting?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

More of a presence than I have and that's all it really takes!

I don't currently have any strong reads for either scum or town, tbh I've been very distracted by rl things (like i said in the thread just a while ago), but I feel like one of capps and YPM might be scum from how they hovered on the Proctor Cat vote for a while after their newbie status came out. I'm probably going to reread the thread tonight

It's hard to tell Capps is even playing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

:jerkbag: Out of everything I've read so far, Chic Trombone is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

That is totally what I am doing. Playing. The probabilities. The numbers game.

Just saying how what impression I get. It just sounds like you took a passive stance previously.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

I really don't like "don't lynch the newbie" as it discounts a potentially valid target of investigation.
It's a thing we do around here to make people want to play more games and get involved. And then you get hooked :getin:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Personally, I'd rather not do a lurker lynch on D1.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, if you think we're making a mistake with Epsilon what would you suggest?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Time for people to weigh in on this and get their opinions out early, because it's no good just coming in at the deadline and scrambling to a vote.

F_v, Ernie, Capps, Antivehicular, Proctor and Chic have their votes floating around doing nothing on cases they don't seem to be pushing, or they haven't expressed much opinions at all. Town are giving scum an easy cover.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just read Epsilon again and say you think about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought Ernie felt towny at the start, but his absence is noticeable. I did want to ask him what he thought of his case on me in light of my answers, but I just didn't really see the point because his case felt genuine at the time.
F_v too felt genuine with their few posts.
Either of these two only have their absence as red flags for me - but that's not very indicative with the general lack of participation in the game.

I feel like lynching Capps is a no information lynch, and he might come back and provide some content to actually allow for an alignment call.

• Locked thread