Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
so it will cost 6 bucks more than the PSN version and is a straight port of the PC port of the PS1 version. it won't be 'remastered' or anything it's still the same game you played 20 years ago

it's like some kind of final fantasy mobius strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i hope they eventually get the ps1 classics working on ps4

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

for the incredible price of $0 you could just mod FFVII on PC to not look like poo poo, it's actually really easy.

and then just make the trophy unlock sounds in your head every time you kill a bad guy

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

what square enix is doing to their fans

*uproarious applause*

thank you, thank you *catches a rose in teeth and bows*

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I wonder if cloud has ever poked someone's eye out with his hair.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have never played FF7 all the way through. I was too busy beating Wild Arms at the time which is a far superior game. Thanks for reading!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They could at least add poorly-designed new content from people who don't get how the game works.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So are the backgrounds going to just look like a giant grainy blob like it does on the PC version.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So are the backgrounds going to just look like a giant grainy blob like it does on the PC version.

It's just a port of the PC version, which is to my knowledge the best you can get "officially" (aka not emulating)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Excels posted:

for the incredible price of $0 you could just mod FFVII on PC to not look like poo poo, it's actually really easy.

and then just make the trophy unlock sounds in your head every time you kill a bad guy

has anyone done a high resolution remake of all the backdrops. i feel like there's enough obsessed fans out there to collaborate and do it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lamebot posted:

has anyone done a high resolution remake of all the backdrops. i feel like there's enough obsessed fans out there to collaborate and do it.

There's a fan remake going on where they got offended by Cait Sith being goofy and made a new character called Iskariot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

There's a fan remake going on where they got offended by Cait Sith being goofy and made a new character called Iskariot.
You know what I like most about that? It's subtle.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know what I like most about that? It's subtle.

Cloud is going through post-partum depression.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you manipulate the last part of the title, you get Final Fantasy IIV, which isn't a real roman numeral, which signifies Cloud's status as a false entity.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the crowd reaction to this was epic

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Cloud is going through post-partum depression.
Cloud shares his name with the Final Fantasy III villain Cloud of Darkness, which symbolizes that the move to 3-D destroyed the series.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
they keep dropping the same line about how remaking 7 would be too expensive and require too much work but how is that not true for every new finakl fantasy they make

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cyra posted:

they keep dropping the same line about how remaking 7 would be too expensive and require too much work but how is that not true for every new finakl fantasy they make
Unlike FFXV, 7 contains women characters, which are more expensive to render.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A team of Ubisoft animators saw Tifa's breasts and they just started shaking and vomiting.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Cyra posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-is-55-complete-but-that-doesnt-me/1100-6422542/

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

so why not make the next game a remake of 7 instead of final fantasy 16, and earn a heap of money

actually i hope they don't because they'll make it gay like advent children or something

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

lol. they're not even done making KH3 yet, they haven't even decided what disney properties to use. square enix is ridiculous

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cloud shares his name with the Final Fantasy III villain Cloud of Darkness, which symbolizes that the move to 3-D destroyed the series.

Largely true but FF9 has some 3D thing though and it was a good game, probably the best

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

mdm posted:

Largely true but FF9 has some 3D thing though and it was a good game, probably the best

it was series creator hironobu sakaguchi's favorite, before he left

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FF9 would be terrific if battles didn't take a dickyear and a half for absolutely everything in them to happen

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

gay skull posted:

FF9 would be terrific if battles didn't take a dickyear and a half for absolutely everything in them to happen

Yeah, FF9 is probably the game that legitimately "needs" a remake on this point. Or 8 if they ever feel like getting rid of the ridiculous way to instantly break the game through the card game... which would then kind of make 8 awful so that should just never happen.

And hey Metacritic says 9 is the best, so it may even be objectively the best. Sakaguchi is a wise man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would kill for an FF9 remake, since it's my favorite in the series.

Edit: I love FF9 and FF12, but they have the exact same problem, which is that the ATB doesn't actually work. In 9, the ATB is basically meaningless since it keeps loading during animations, and all the spell animations are really long. So what you actually have is an FFX-style queue of turns that it doesn't show you, which makes healing a little annoying. FF12 only allows one spell on screen at a time, but characters can still attack, so casting magic against a powerful physical attacker will get you killed, since it will attack through your spells, but you can get extra hits on magic-using enemies by casting a spell with a long animation and having two other characters attack the whole time. So in both cases, the ATB is totally meaningless. FFX has some issues, but at least it understood that the ATB was pointless and just made things genuinely turn-based (and showed you the turn order).

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 12, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Blue mage quality is how you determine the quality of a Final Fantasy game and Quina is pretty far up there.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Doctor Goat posted:

Blue mage quality is how you determine the quality of a Final Fantasy game and Quina is pretty far up there.

gently caress. Yes. I like how they try to make the gender ambiguous but then break the secret by Zidane's "protect girls" ability not work on Quina. It's clearly a dude, something with that tongue can't be a chick that's just science.

I didn't really like Kimahri though, and I kinda liked FFX so I dunno. I never really used him and there was that Kimahri only battle and was quite :aaaaa:ed by it coming on all of the sudden but I don't think it was that hard anyway

Quistis is the poo poo too tho

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Excels posted:

so it will cost 6 bucks more than the PSN version and is a straight port of the PC port of the PS1 version. it won't be 'remastered' or anything it's still the same game you played 20 years ago

it's like some kind of final fantasy mobius strip

So what?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Oh no they didn't remaster the game and add a bunch of useless crap like DS ports, they just re-released the game that people know and love.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Cyra posted:

Yeah you can really tell they're just making bullshit excuses from creating "new games" instead of remaking the same game they made 20 years ago.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

gay skull posted:

It'd be way better if I could figure out how to do turbo mode on epsxe.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It'd be way better if I could figure out how to do turbo mode on epsxe.

If you do, let me know.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At least on the android version of epsxe, click the back button to open the menu, then click Toggle Frameskip or whatever it's called. I assume it's also called "frameskip" rather than turbo or fast forward on the PC version.

And yeah, it helps.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
PSX emulation is really bad. If you need fast forward and don't care about it being keyboard only or care to set up antimicro, it's in the GPU settings of GPU plugins for ePSXe/PCSX

pSX has it in the the option and i think it defaults to tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would kill for an FF9 remake, since it's my favorite in the series.

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm

• Locked thread