Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Gatekeeper posted:

oh what a bundle of genetic catastrophes ye gods what have we done???

oh wait no its just a cool as gently caress pug exploring an icy stream in the snow, chilling with ducks because he's loving cool and chill and in every way your superior. a malformed inbred chinese monster is literally better than you and god, that must wound you in ways i can't imagine because me and this dog are loving so cool

it doesn't wound, since it's more a reflection on your hosed up tastes than anything else, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

In case you really like pugs for some reason and want to have one, here's a photo of a fit pug so you have a point of reference.

So many fatties ITT.

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010
My siblings and I got our parents a pug for Christmas this year. Their elderly dog had died last fall and they were growing increasingly depressed. They wanted another pug like the one we grew up with, a kind of fat black pug named Angus who loved everybody and was a Good Dog (although very stinky and had flea allergies like nobody's business). We found a guy via Craigslist who had bought a pug puppy for his 4 kids and they'd pretty much lost interest after about a week or two so he was looking to rehome it since he had no time to train or play with it. This puppy had nothing to chew on, no appropriate toys, and was teething. It also pretty much had no socialization and didn't receive much of any attention while we were there. Kids paid attention to it once we were paying attention to it, but they went back to their phones/ipads/etc within a couple minutes after being bitten a couple times (after which they hit the puppy for biting, oh boy!). It just sucked because this puppy was incredibly focused on people and the day we took her home from this other family was probably the most social interaction she'd ever had in her entire life. Since then, Nami the pug puppy has gotten my parents out of their depression and out of their house. They've met more of their neighbors in the past few months than in the past few years, and my mom recently told me that she had smiled and laughed more since they got her than in the past few years.

We're nap buddies :kimchi:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Speaking of nap-buddies, I can't be the only one here whose pug gives off "snoozle rays." I swear mine causes spontaneous narcolepsy in humans.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
it's the uncontrollable snoring due to collapsed airways

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

thatbastardken posted:

it's the uncontrollable snoring due to collapsed airways

We went aftermarket for those parts. He just sleeps like a champ and you can't help but want to join.

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax

thatbastardken posted:

Pitiful monstrous horrible pug.

I don't know what this is, but I like it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Now I like it even more.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

they're called chugs and they're the worst.

:raise:

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Should it come as a surprise that breeding a pug with a non-facially-deformed dog is an automatic improvement? Really.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This is my pug McNulty. I've had him for almost 5 years and he's now pushing 10 years old.

Sometimes he looks like he's struggling to keep his nose above water while he sleeps.

Sometimes he looks like he's trying to suffocate himself in his sleep

But he's an old man and mostly just likes to relax

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Pug fat.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The singing may be grating, but this is one special pug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RJN9a_jdM

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Are retro pugs ok?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht3PmWJybG8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Are retro pugs ok?

pugs that can
  1. breathe unassisted
  2. reproduce naturally
  3. play for more than 30s without heart failure
are ok.

• Locked thread