Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think i got a real good chance to win this Valkyria Chronicles auction!! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i sold all my cards for 1584 gems. i cant' bid on anything, because weird internet people have hundreds of millions, and anything i bid on gets an increase like 20 mins later

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i sold all my cards for 1584 gems. i cant' bid on anything, because weird internet people have hundreds of millions, and anything i bid on gets an increase like 20 mins later

the gems go away after the auction is over lol

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

good news though, you can afford two booster packs

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
O_O

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
going to make arma 3 boosters... need more emotes

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

a booster pack contains 3 trading cards, so all you gotta do is get those and then trade them for more gems.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
cards are worth 20 gems lol

maybe i'll get a foil and it'll be worth much more

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
my favorite part about this is that star wars battlefront 2 is bid up to like the equal amount of over 6,000 cards when it's on sale for $3, or 30 cards

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got 3600 something gems.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

I got 3600 something gems.

wtf

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I could probably get another few thousand if I played all these games I never even opened up for a couple hours but I mean come on.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

please stop trolling me with the family guy image i really dont apprecaite it

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The one nice thing this did is made me learn about the Quake Live badges I need to make that they added.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ehh...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The QL backgrounds are like 20 dollars on the market. Good poo poo...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i need more... :krolm:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is more like it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

VideoGames why on earth are you level 45 on steam

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's do some effortpost math on gem values.

Skyrim booster packs cost 750 gems to craft. They sell for fifteen cents each, thirteen if you subtract Valve's trading fees.

Using that as a metric, someone's paying $1040 for CS:GO

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unguided posted:

Let's do some effortpost math on gem values.

Skyrim booster packs cost 750 gems to craft. They sell for fifteen cents each, thirteen if you subtract Valve's trading fees.

Using that as a metric, someone's paying $1040 for CS:GO

Easier math is a sack is 1000 gems and they are selling for 0.03.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

So do people on Steam like going through insanely roundabout ways to buy games without ever slapping down a stack of cash for them or something? Like would the world explode if I bought a PC game at full price or what

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

So do people on Steam like going through insanely roundabout ways to buy games without ever slapping down a stack of cash for them or something? Like would the world explode if I bought a PC game at full price or what

There's probably a lot of 10-15 year olds who don't have other ways of getting stuff.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
but if you sold your couch, then how do you game with friends??

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a foil grunt card. Just need 10 more and I can make a foil QL badge. Very epic.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

VideoGames posted:

but if you sold your couch, then how do you game with friends??

its 2014 going on 2015, split screen is dead. Everyone playing together needs their own copy of the game and console to play it on unless you're playing indie trash

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

its 2014 going on 2015, split screen is dead. Everyone playing together needs their own copy of the game and console to play it on unless you're playing indie trash

hosed up if true

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

VideoGames posted:

hosed up if true

every game as stupid mmo-lite crap that effects your player so they come in like "sorry but split screen just wont work with this game its too epic" but what they really mean is "this way we sell like 4 times as many copies"

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
fyi after like the 1st hour dudes were duping gems which made them the 3 pennies for a 1000 and then bidding things up to millions and valve took it all down after ~3 hours lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

koolkal posted:

fyi after like the 1st hour dudes were duping gems which made them the 3 pennies for a 1000 and then bidding things up to millions and valve took it all down after ~3 hours lol

was wondering what the hell people were talking about when I couldn't find how to do this stuff.

Bug-gems sounds pretty sweet I hope whoever found it first gets contacted by valve for a job fixing steam instead of just getting their poo poo banned

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

:smug:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I just ignored all this gay gem poo poo

the past year or two the summer/winter sale metagame or whatever has gotten dumber and dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can I use all the gems I got in Crash Bandicoot: Warped?

• Locked thread