Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
gonna settle it in smash with your friends a warm fire? catch up on that steam backlog while waiting for grandma to arrive? maybe youll keep the christ in the holidays, and play some persona in church. whats on your plate this holiday season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like your av, it is very good

i am just going to play disgaea until i burn out on it, and try to avoid my family, because there is mad drama.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
im gonna kill gaben if this gems auction poo poo is the christmas sale

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i like your av, it is very good

i am just going to play disgaea until i burn out on it, and try to avoid my family, because there is mad drama.

tyvm, i like yours too.

I will be trying to complete the pokedex after my finals. gonna rebuild what was lost, when i lost my 3ds 6 months ago

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cyra posted:

im gonna kill gaben if this gems auction poo poo is the christmas sale

lol if you care about the steam events and not that you can get great games for great prices

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if the path of exile rework is good, i will be playing a lot of that OP.

otherwise, smash and donkey kong.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol if you care about the steam events and not that you can get great games for great prices

I was speaking if this auction event is replacing the sale for this year but that seems to not be the case after all, so all is well. it got taken down 3 hours in after people started gaming the system though, lol

Games I'll be binging include whack rear end anime time travel Final Fantasy 13-2 starting now, and I guess Ground Zeroes whenever that hits steam plus anything I might pick up during the sale, although I can't think of what.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Probably gonna divide my time up between CS:GO and Strange Journey. Might try to run through a Mario game as well.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

crusader kings expansion drops, also i *might* get the new wolfenstein if i feel i can afford it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
my eyes hurt really bad.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
enjoy school/college, kids. those christmas breaks are gunna disappear and then you only get eve/xmas off :( i do miss being able to sit through and play a bunch of games over the 3 weeks. i'll probably just slowly be playing through the wiiu backlog but taking it slowly and savoring it, so i probably won't even get 1 game finished

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Xaris posted:

enjoy school/college, kids. those christmas breaks are gunna disappear and then you only get eve/xmas off :( i do miss being able to sit through and play a bunch of games over the 3 weeks. i'll probably just slowly be playing through the wiiu backlog but taking it slowly and savoring it, so i probably won't even get 1 game finished

not if you become a teacher/professor, well worth the sacrifice to income and job security in order to game more efficiently imho :smug:

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Not if you go back to school as an adult on the government and Dad's money. Plus, that way, you are able to appreciate Game Time that much more.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I won't be home with my wii u and ps4 so maybe I'll pick up a 3ds game, op!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

I don't even get those days off.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's over. Finals are done.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Xaris posted:

i miss having several weeks off

but i do have a couple days extra off for xmas this year so hell yea im gonna get some wine and game out while i can

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's summertime so I 'll be going to the beach to have sex instead of doing videogames like normal.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A Spider Covets posted:

i miss having several weeks off

but i do have a couple days extra off for xmas this year so hell yea im gonna get some wine and game out while i can

yeah i mean i could take a few vac days or something, plus i get NY and NY Eeve off so just taking about 3 vac days means i could have about a 10+ day break which I'll probably do.

still not quite as fun as having the satisfaction of finishing 5+ gently caress hard ball finals and then can veg out with some booze/weed and play games while snowboarding on/off for 3 weeks without a care in the world.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Still doing finals. Still no gaming.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Average Bear posted:

It's over. Finals are done.

mine are kind of trickled along and it's got me so stressed out i can't think

Dec 26, 2012

poo poo dude not thinking is gonna be a problem come the final

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I don't even get those days off.

the life of an adult :/

i cant even imagine having 3 months completely free to do nothing

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
entrance exams are over so ive done nothing for the last 9 days. its pretty cool. captain toad is REALLY good and it feels great to play it on a weekday afternoon as an adult in society

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'll be sorta done in a week but I'm gonna try and do stuff over the break.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm still catching myself checking Blackboard/Office365 4-6x times daily despite only having one class with work left in it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Colledge.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
starting a new server on minecraft with my friends. i accidentally overwrote our year old one with a drat castle oops lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't go to college. :coolfish:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Noice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

i wish i made this decision

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

I'm still catching myself checking Blackboard/Office365 4-6x times daily despite only having one class with work left in it

And then you get a job and check your work laptop all the time and shudder a little bit every time your work phone dings for an email at like 10 PM or later.

But on the other hand, making mad bank and working for one of the few decent companies in the country. What is a gamer to do?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 13, 2014

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
drunk, no job, school doesnt start for a bit. I'm ready to badmouth Luigi and nobody can stop me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There was a cool post in Goonlols the other day where some guy actually left his door open in College & noone came in.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to watch anime in between gaming sessions with my time off, OP.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675669&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post436786671

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There was a cool post in Goonlols the other day where some guy actually left his door open in College & noone came in.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

definitely my future

• Locked thread