Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
I watched the first episode and a half. The writing is just so bad and the characters are so boring that no amount of cinematography is gonna make up for it. I kept making excuses for it and wanting to like it, but the hackneyed dialogue, the forbidden princess who the main character falls in love with at first sight and she obviously loves him too even though she's mean to him at first and aaauuuggggh are you kidding me with this, Netflix? Basically, all the bad poo poo added up real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

You're projecting years of Hollywood tripe onto the relationship between Marco and the princess. I don't think he's in love with her - he just has the hots for her. And she certainly doesn't reciprocate his crush, at least not as of halfway through episode 5.

Or she's playing hard-to-get for a while to stretch the love story out. I could be wrong, like I said I didn't even finish the second episode, but it definitely felt like things were heading that direction, especially considering the quality of the show's writing.

tuyop posted:

Put this next to True Blood (which my wife has been watching when I'm not in the room) as Haute Television and I have no idea where the complaints of writing and character come from. Most TV is loving terribly written and shot and Marco Polo is not.

I think people are comparing it to the sort of shows it clearly wants to be, not the normal crap on TV.

• Locked thread