Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest problem with it is the writing could be significantly better.

It gets slagged on by people for a lot of other stuff, but all that stuff is genuinely pretty good. If the writing were better nobody would be complaining about them, but since the writing isn't particularly captivating, people lose their poo poo about every minor flaw.

Hopefully they'll get a season two with a workable budget and find their stride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It does have a huge budget, which is what has me worried.

And yes, I found Spartacus's dialog in particular to be grating beyond belief and can't stand that 300-like stylized CG stuff but it made for reasonably entertaining stuff to watch on my other screen.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Right, by all means, call it out for the writing, but having a cow about ~ahistoricity~ is a little un-called for when overall it does quite well.

• Locked thread