Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FELD1 posted:

Marco Polo is one of my favorite historical stories (I generally love reading anything about explorers), so I'll definitely check this out. Gratuitous sex scenes is just icing on the cake.

Gratuitous sex scenes is like 50% of the tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think I'll be looking into this show in a week or 2 when I get a hold on a stable internet connection, certainly looks interesting enough.

DarkCrawler posted:

Eh, no dumber then say Spartacus in my opinion.

I will fight you.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

shodanjr_gr posted:

Is it possible that the show is named after Polo because it plans to eventually target other aspects of his life, after the Khan's court?

That would be super-lame considering they skipped his 1000-or-so-page journey to Khan's court. If they wanted to tell the tale of Marco Polo they could have but they clearly decided not to.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nutranurse posted:

In most cases this is the source of gooncomplaints about TV shows. GBS is honestly a better place to gently caress around and actually enjoy TV shows and TV show discussions. :v:

The Spartacus thread is like the only good thread TV IV has ever had.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Astro Nut posted:

Personally, I do rather want the show to get even crazier (in that dark, pseudo-history sorta way).

Let me tell you about that one time that Marco Polo as given 2 sisters (twins?) as concubines by the Khan. Since threesomes were too tiring he thaught them to please each other which eventually led them to rebel against Marco since they no longer needed him for sex. Luckily they died for their sins by getting blown the gently caress up along with Marcos house when he indadvertedly invented the cannonball.

I swear, not a word of that is made up, that is a thing that happens in the book. :shepicide:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bularin posted:

Fun, if silly, but it did manage to reign itself from going full retard like Spartacus.

Once again the gods spread cheeks to ram cock in loving rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

mrfart posted:

I'm still wondering how they were able to bring their massive cookery set to the battle. And what did they do with the dish afterwards? Massive tupperware?

I would unironically watch like 1/3 of an episode devoted to showing how the nitty gritty of logistics worked, mostly because I don't think it has ever been done on the screen. :allears:

• Locked thread