Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The finale was really well done considering the TV budget they had to work with. Not just the big battle, but the fight between Hundred Eyes and Jio Siadao was awesome as well. I was hoping for a season of Xiangping under seige, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paperhouse posted:

He's really good, and one of the reasons I'm considering watching this show. However, the reviews are really terrible and it sounds kind of lovely, is that pretty much the consensus in here?

Eh, it's alright.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The imperial siege engineer, who I'd assume is the best siege engineer around, just not getting it was the most annoying part. Oh sure, you're the best guy the Mongols have, but I'm a traveling merchant, so let me tell you a thing or two about building siege engines. It's too big? More counterweight will break the arm? Whatever, dude, I've got drawings and a vague idea of what Alexander did.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

At this point, I think you're just looking for reasons to hate this show. Technologies have been lost and rediscovered times and times again, and back in the days, it was often trial and error. In the show, it all makes sense. The guy's life is ridding on the fact that those Trebuchet will reach the walls. When it doesn't, who cares what the engineer says.. More loving counterweight. What was he supposed to do, admit defeat kneel on a log and wait for his head to be taken off?

Nah, I like the show. I think if they embrace their crazy side more (more former hooker assassin and blind monk), it could get even better and turn into a really fun romp. I even liked Ahmed just all of a sudden having a tapestry of him killing Kublai, because this show getting more mustache-twirling villains is a step in the right direction. That part with Marco Polo just out-engineering a presumably really good engineer just bothered me is all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

In Episode 9; Why did that one dude admit to hiring the assassins, and also doing basically all the bad things in Season 1? What was his motivation and purpose? Something vague about stopping the war?

I think he just wanted to save Marco Polo

• Locked thread