Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah my 760 runs all the latest stuff at really high settings so get one of those if you're on a budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Got a Z97, an i5-4690K, a nice CPU cooler, and a GTX 970. You think I could run 60 FPS at 1440p, or should I just stay 1080p?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Depends on the game but I'd wager 1440p@60 is doable

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fandyien posted:

i had trouble upgrading the video card on my 2008 xps i feel like building my own would just be a horrible disaster

you are retarded. peace

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This thread is taking longer than usual for OP to be redirected to the parts picking thread. Two weeks and still deciding on a GPU? The prices of better parts will drop when you finally get parts shipped. It took me a day to get everything selected for shipping.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671266

• Locked thread