Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I just played through LOOM last night, feel free to ask me about it.

I played on Expert, because I am one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
how does it hold up?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

mr sad posted:

how does it hold up?

It's really not so bad. The worst part is DEFINITELY the walking speed. It's a slow crawl. Save early and often, because there's a bit of backtracking. Story's still pretty cool, the music is good, and I felt clever about solving the puzzles.

It's probably worth the steam dollars they charge.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
So, tell me about LOOM™.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

I Said No posted:

So, tell me about LOOM™.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
when are the two sequels coming out and what is your opinion of the color "grass green"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when i was a child i got stuck at the part where you had to leave the island but a waterspout blocked the way. i didn't mind though, because every time i hit the waterspout my dude would do this long, drawn out scream as he was flung back onto the island. some imps may shake their heads to think it, but i was highly entertained at the character of the video game hitting a waterspout and screaming as he was flung back onto the island just so he could get up and do it again and again and again.

as a professional of LOOM, does this seem okay to you?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr. Pumroy posted:

when i was a child i got stuck at the part where you had to leave the island but a waterspout blocked the way. i didn't mind though, because every time i hit the waterspout my dude would do this long, drawn out scream as he was flung back onto the island. some imps may shake their heads to think it, but i was highly entertained at the character of the video game hitting a waterspout and screaming as he was flung back onto the island just so he could get up and do it again and again and again.

that was cool

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

As someone who loves The Dig, how much should I play LOOM on a scale from 1-10

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
What's your favourite part of LOOM™? Mine is when you kill a kid "accidentally."

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

I just played through LOOM last night, feel free to ask me about it.

I played on Expert, because I am one.

You don't need to report back.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pewdiepie posted:

You don't need to report back.

But it helps!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

starbarry clock posted:

when are the two sequels coming out and what is your opinion of the color "grass green"

It should have taken a ride on the Double Fine Kickstarter, so instead, Telltale will pick it up in five years.

Grass green? I hate grass green!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It's pretty funny.

metricchip posted:

As someone who loves The Dig, how much should I play LOOM on a scale from 1-10

I've never played the dig. Didn't Orson Scott Card write both? You should play Loom out of 10.

CaptainFish posted:

What's your favourite part of LOOM™? Mine is when you kill a kid "accidentally."

Mine is the part where I had to reload a lot of saves to remember certain songs. You won't get much for playing on expert.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Which version did you play?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Tastee posted:

Which version did you play?

Whichever is on steam, which I understand has content cut from it.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
What's it like playing the first game I ever played ever when I was a wee 3 year old or something like that.

I should really replay that game. I'm saving it for a special moment.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What is LOOM, op?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

LOOM was weird but cool, i also liked the dig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

CrusherEAGLE posted:

What's it like playing the first game I ever played ever when I was a wee 3 year old or something like that.

I should really replay that game. I'm saving it for a special moment.

It was a'ight. I liked the puzzle parts. The movement and backtracking got annoying

Jackie D posted:

What is LOOM, op?

Old Lucasarts adventure game, it's on Steam and GoG

• Locked thread