Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys done ruined my birthday ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Who here has gone fishing, did you enjoy it?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
No, it was lame and boring. I hate activities that involve sitting and doing nothing but worrying mildly about holding onto something. For example, kite flying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I used to go fishing off the dock at my grandparent's cottage, but we just caught stupid sunfish. My grandmother would cast the line for me and then hand it to me, but the fish would always bite so fast that she never even got a chance to hand me the rod.

Stupid useless fish.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It was alright back in the day. I always end up sliding down the riverbank and getting one foot soaked, though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do not have the patience for fishing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I caught a smallmouth bass once. We ate it. It was pretty good as I recall.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fishing is hella boring

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One of my favourite jokes is about fishing, though

A small church was ecstatic because the Pope was coming for dinner. Father John decided to go fishing to provide the main course. At the fishing hole he latches onto a big one and is struggling to get it up on the bank. A nice man rushes to help and says "I'll get that sumbitch for you." Fish in hand, the father thanks him but scolds him for cursing. Embarrassed he says "No, no that's...That's the name of the fish! It's called a sumbitch."
Back at the church he delivers his catch to sister Josephine and says "Sister I want you to clean this sumbitch for dinner tonight." She agrees but scolds his cursing in church. He corrects her on the name of the fish and she goes to work. Sister Josephine takes the fish to mother Mary and asks her to cook the sumbitch and the story repeats again.
The Pope sets down for dinner with his desciples and marvels at the feast, the fish in particular. Father John then says "I caught that sumbitch." Followed by sister Josephine, "I cleaned that sumbitch." And mother Mary joined in "And I cooked that sumbitch." The Pope looks shocked, then grins and leans into the table and says "Hey, you assholes are alright!"

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
great opop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only thing fishing ever gave us was this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXQmMf3tP0

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I haven't clicked that yet but I'm assuming that's a fishing with john link

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MildManeredManikin posted:

Correct! Takes place in my state too!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mr.capps posted:

capps this is very good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

yes, its the best episode

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You take some pieces of bread and fill the inside with pizza stuff. I'll do it again tonight and take pics.

I put pizza sauce, then cheese then whatever toppings on a slice of bread. This night it was green olives and mushrooms. Last night it was bacon and jalapenos.

You can also make nacho sandwiches like that. Just put the stuff you need for nachos in instead. This one is salsa, cheese, green onions, jalapenos and little nacho chips.

It's basically like making a grilled cheese but instead of just cheese it's the ingredients to make some cheesy snack.

It was good.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
That nacho sandwich was loving amazing. I first had a nacho sandwich at a cafe and it doesn't even remotely compare.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

mr.capps posted:

I like the start of the next episode where the narrator finds out that John didn't die

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EXAKT Science posted:

Correct! Takes place in my state too!

Yeah New England! :j::hf::v: I'm glad we didn't turbo you. How far are you from Boston?

Who here has gone fishing, did you enjoy it?

re fishchat: My one experience fishing was on a trip to Cape Cod once, and on it I discovered that I get seasick really easily.

The Carpet Shark posted:

That nacho sandwich was loving amazing. I first had a nacho sandwich at a cafe and it doesn't even remotely compare.

One of the best sandwiches that I have ever had (that I forgot about until this thread) was a BLT where the bottom piece of bread was actually a grilled cheese sandwich. You guys may have just inspired me to re-create that next time I cook.

I like this game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah New England! :j::hf::v: I'm glad we didn't turbo you. How far are you from Boston?

About two hours up the coast, in Portland. It's pretty chill(y) here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HiipFire posted:

I like the start of the next episode where the narrator finds out that John didn't die

The episode with tom waits is amazing because tom waits gets so moody and sad

and he puts a fish down his pants

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My vote will be on the people who don't watch the fishing with john video

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

mr.capps posted:

The episode with tom waits is amazing because tom waits gets so moody and sad

and he puts a fish down his pants

I haven't seen any of the episodes but I read about them. From what I read, Tom was actually pretty irritated by the whole thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I haven't seen any of the episodes but I read about them. From what I read, Tom was actually pretty irritated by the whole thing.

Yeah, there are interviews and John goes in how like Tom didn't talk to him for about a year after that.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I put pizza sauce, then cheese then whatever toppings on a slice of bread. This night it was green olives and mushrooms. Last night it was bacon and jalapenos.

You can also make nacho sandwiches like that. Just put the stuff you need for nachos in instead. This one is salsa, cheese, green onions, jalapenos and little nacho chips.

It's basically like making a grilled cheese but instead of just cheese it's the ingredients to make some cheesy snack.

It was good.

This looks really delicious and now I'm hungry

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm out in pop contest so this is my official hangout zone now.

Wanna all treat this like pop contest 2.0?

*is murdered*

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

jon joe posted:

I'm out in pop contest so this is my official hangout zone now.

Wanna all treat this like pop contest 2.0?

*is murdered*

with no scum and no victory condition

this is popcon 2.0. we just vote out people one by one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
popcorn 2.0

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

with no scum and no victory condition

this is popcon 2.0. we just vote out people one by one.

I dunno about you but I'm a doublevoting survivor that causes town to lose if I win.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am town aligned Bagger Vance

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

I dunno about you but I'm a doublevoting survivor that causes town to lose if I win.

I just want to be very clear, JUST TOWN. Not scum. Please don't kill me, scumteam, I will be your double voting buddy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

jon joe posted:

I just want to be very clear, JUST TOWN. Not scum. Please don't kill me, scumteam, I will be your double voting buddy.

JJ, you're such a joker. Or should I say... JESTER :cool:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote GulagDolls

sorry but i dont see you hanging out

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EXAKT Science posted:

About two hours up the coast, in Portland. It's pretty chill(y) here.

Ah nice, I was at the State Theatre a few weekends ago. I head up that way whenever there's a concert worth seeing, it's a really nice little city. :)

Asiina posted:

popcorn 2.0

In which players slowly get devoured, leaving nothing behind but salt?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah nice, I was at the State Theatre a few weekends ago. I head up that way whenever there's a concert worth seeing, it's a really nice little city. :)

In which players slowly get devoured, leaving nothing behind but salt?

Yeah, I like it here. The State is also a great little venue. Next time you're headed here, hit me up; I like to hang out with mafia folks. This goes for the rest of you as well, but I don't know how often y'all make it up to Maine :v:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

jon joe posted:

Same

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cool, bro.

Can I call you bro?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's a free country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

It's a free country

Thanks, bro.

Though, bro, aren't we in different countries?

• Locked thread