Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Welcome to Cool Hangout Mafia!

Standard rules apply.

Players:
  1. Allen
  2. Asiina
  3. CT
  4. EXAKT
  5. GulagDolls
  6. HiipFire
  7. JJ
  8. Hal
  9. capps
  10. MMT
  11. Opop
  12. PMom
  13. PMush
  14. Carp

Jump King fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How are you guys doing?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll start the game tonight. You can invite more people if you want though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Role PMs out. Hiipfire check skype.

Special rules:
  • No deadlines. Days end only on majority votes
  • It takes one extra vote to lunch until there are 5 players remaining
  • There is no night phase and you do not have to stop posting after the hammer unless you were the one who was killed. I will post flips as soon as I can.
  • If it is impossible for a lunch to happen, the game ends.
  • The game ends immediately when there are 3 players left
  • :chillpill:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That votefinder sucks have a new one

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (14): Allen Wren, Asiina, Chic Trombone, EXAKT Science, GulagDolls, HiipFire, jon joe, Mills, mr.capps, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Poison Mushroom, The Carpet Shark

With 14 alive, it's 8+1 votes to lunch. The only deadline is your imagination

How was your day? Why don't you share a picture or suggest an activity.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

New rule:
  • You cannot quit this game. If you want out find me somebody who will replace in.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I made a delicious baked mac and cheese today. Did anyone else cook anything good?

I made some pizza sandwiches.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I guess I cooked a bunch of Big Macs and stuff but they weren't for me and they weren't exactly culinary perfection

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

can you explain the mechanics of this to me? was the pizza the bread or the filling?

You take some pieces of bread and fill the inside with pizza stuff. I'll do it again tonight and take pics.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Who here has gone fishing, did you enjoy it?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I haven't clicked that yet but I'm assuming that's a fishing with john link

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

You take some pieces of bread and fill the inside with pizza stuff. I'll do it again tonight and take pics.

I put pizza sauce, then cheese then whatever toppings on a slice of bread. This night it was green olives and mushrooms. Last night it was bacon and jalapenos.

You can also make nacho sandwiches like that. Just put the stuff you need for nachos in instead. This one is salsa, cheese, green onions, jalapenos and little nacho chips.

It's basically like making a grilled cheese but instead of just cheese it's the ingredients to make some cheesy snack.

It was good.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

mr.capps posted:

The episode with tom waits is amazing because tom waits gets so moody and sad

and he puts a fish down his pants

I haven't seen any of the episodes but I read about them. From what I read, Tom was actually pretty irritated by the whole thing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

mmm can you add hal to the player list

Ok I'll do this at some point.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal replaces Mills.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Day 1 began 4 days, 20 hours ago on Dec. 14, 2014, 9:03 a.m.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Happy birthday Hal and Murmur Twin!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How is your Christmas Eve going so far? What gifts have you got for other people?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here is the post in survivor where PMush and her fellow contestants eat bugs

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also, I know it's not always easy to play another game while you're in a mafia game, but if you can handle doing something else in addition to this game, Consider signing up for this!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I have to say I was expecting more people to make a production out of it, but the class of Allen's performance was good enough to satisfy my needs.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just realized: I'm not cool. Can I still hang out?

I don't see why not

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry I didn't update this game very much in the past week, it's hard to run a mafia game in addition to doing OWURG!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

MMM refuses to play again until this is over. Let's turbo everyone until it ends!

It's true. I vow never to play another game until this one is over :toxx:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is a vote for Pinterest Mom just so you are aware.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Can I hang out

If you're not playing you can poo poo post all you want. If you want to play, find one of the people who are in the game and lurking and ask if you can take over for them.

Now at some point I deleted all the role PMs I sent out and I imagine most of the op layers have as well, but it's ok, we'll keep going.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I made some cool food yesterday. It was buffalo chickpea mac and cheese with bacon and garlic breadcrumbs. it started out as a vegan recipe but I'm not vegan so i added meats and cheeses.

Here are two process shots that look a little gross so I've made them thumbnails:

Here was what the actual food looked like:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I very rudely forgot to mention that The Carpet Shark did half the work on that meal

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I'm a vegetarian and want to make that, can you link me the recipe?

Here is the vegan version, we added real cheese and milk to the part where it says to put vegan cheese and milk. Also instead of making ranch sauce I just use bottled ranch sauce or mayo. The breadcrumbs we made are from this recipe. Oh also also baking it is completely unnecessary but I like to take frivolous steps.

It's pretty cool. Coating chickpeas in buffalo sauce is great way to get the nutritional value of chickpeas in something that has a flavour.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 12, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There's a lot of cool mafia games open right now that I cant play, too bad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Hey MMM, that mac n cheese recipe with the chickpeas you linked turned out really tasty!

The only downside is I didn't read that the macncheese part was designed for 18 people so I was pouring 2lbs of cheese in going "this is going to be cheesey!" and then I needed two dishes.

On the upside my new neighbors got 3 lbs of Macaroni and Cheese from a stranger so I guess that's cool!

oh lord. That other recipe I just copped the breadcrumb part from, I didn't even pay attention to the rest

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:redhammer:

Day 1 ends. I'm going to be out all day but I'll post the flip and start day 2 once I get to vote finder. You can chat in the mean time.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Turns out you can access votefinder from your phone

Game has been vigged by PMush

Cool hang out mafia stumbles to the ground bleeding out at from all holes. PMom blurts out that although he is deceased he will bless those who fight for cool hanging out. This confuses most of the others as pmom is blatantly not dead.

You know what is dead though? Cool hang out mafia itself. Being cool and hanging out has died. It is a bittersweet occasion. Although you enjoyed the company of cool hang out mafia, you are free from it's social obligation to hang out. Some words are spoken in memory and everybody turns to leave.

If this was an earlier time, Hiipfire would be a pillar of salt, for he turned back to look at cool hang out mafia's splayed body. What he saw was troubling, it could have been His imagination, but he swore he saw cool hang out mafia twitch.

The next day you are all back, even cool hang out mafia. Something doesn't seem right about it though. Cool hang out mafia's face doesn't emote much, it's eyes are dull and it is cold to the touch.

Still it is still alive and so are you.

There is one other unusual thing, there are more of you than you remember. Doing a quick count reveals that Quidnose has joined the party and has given each other player a bowl of Mac and Cheese. How nice.

It is now Day 2, nobody died Day 1, Quidnose has joined the game

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Welp, I didn't make it.

I missed the window.

Who knows when I'll be able to go to the store now since I have things to do the next 3 days.

Would you like me to send you a pizza?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina what sort of pizzas do you like?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Let's not get carried away just yet, this might not work at all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A rhythmic, if relaxed heart beat.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cool Hang Out Mafia has ended in Moderator Defeat

Join me in Too Many Ramones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

yay

okay, spill

were we actually all town?

two people were double voting 3P. If they made it to the end then town would lose. The town was split between VT and loved voteless folks. I forgot to put the standard "You win when all threats are eliminated" thing in because I thought it was implied but it lead to some great stuff. There were no scum.

• Locked thread