Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

flashy_mcflash posted:

He hasn't been that good in a while. Have you seen him throw a punch lately? Do a sleeper? He's either working with multiple injuries, is being exposed as an average worker when he's not against outstanding talent, or heaping amounts of both.

He also throws hilariously lazy shoulderblocks. Like, he barely gets off the ground and floats like a half filled balloon at the opponent. Warrior put those shoulderblocks to shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Was cesaro not at all in this one?

Who? Never heard of him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

He also throws hilariously lazy shoulderblocks. Like, he barely gets off the ground and floats like a half filled balloon at the opponent. Warrior put those shoulderblocks to shame.

I honestly think he's pretty seriously hurt with a shoulder/arm injury. I know he's a good worker when he wants to be, but when he's in there with a guy who can't pick up the slack, it's a bad time for everyone.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

This week he had one of the worst Raw main events in years, against a guy he's worked dozens and dozens of times with, and it had nothing to do with the lovely finish

it was like five minutes long and he messed up a sleeper that's it

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

John Cena works 9 zillion main event-length matches a year and is 37 and never misses time and it has been that way for a while. He's real good.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Shima Honnou posted:

As a generally casual fan who likes posting in these threads because it gives me something to do with my vast tracts of free time and also because the GDTs make Raw and the PPVs watchable, that match made Dean look like a dumb idiot who got beat by a TV and a professional jobber who is only one step above having a jobber alarm as the opening stinger of his theme song.

I don't think you understand what a jobber is

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

This week he had one of the worst Raw main events in years, against a guy he's worked dozens and dozens of times with, and it had nothing to do with the lovely finish

Didn't see it so I can't comment but he generally has great matches even with bad wrestlers.If he needs to heal up he should but he is most certainly a very good and versatile wrestler.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

it was like five minutes long

and poo poo end to end? Can you name a worse Raw main this year?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

most raw matches are so meaningless i forget them as soon as the show goes off the air, much like this week's

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be fair I can't really remember any of the RAW main events from this yeaer

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
guys i dont know what happened. i unplugged my laptop and it exploded in my eyes.

posted from my BlindPhone

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

most raw matches are so meaningless i forget them as soon as the show goes off the air, much like this week's

how about Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena contract on a pole

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

How isn't Cena a Sammartino in a favorable sense? He's really good and wins all the time.

i just don't like that john cena guy

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bray/Reigns

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hace posted:

I don't think you understand what a jobber is

It's a bald guy or a fat guy who loses a lot to make midcard acts or John Cena look stronger, pretty sure.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
yes, tomorrow's main event will be terrible

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Shima Honnou posted:

It's a bald guy or a fat guy who loses a lot to make midcard acts or John Cena look stronger, pretty sure.

oh nvm i misread you as calling dean a jobber, carry on

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Flashy, what is your favorite Bruno match even?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ended the PPV by unplugging my Apple TV. It did not explode.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Cena ain't held the title for 10 years straight so he's no Bruno in my book. :colbert:

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Carver Crisis posted:

yes, tomorrow's main event will be terrible
We're probably going to get Reigns/Big Show instead so have fun

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

TV always goes over

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TheEggsBenedict posted:

We're probably going to get Reigns/Big Show

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

We're probably going to get Reigns/Big Show instead so have fun

Good. Please section off those two so they can have quarantine matches with each other and not ruin anyone elses storyline.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh, dude is clearly working hurt. Compare him from when he last came back to now, there's a progressive curve of doing well to just degrading badly. Especially since the two brock matches, not saying that Brock hurt him, just it was a physical match. He's clearly broken down and NEEDS to go home and rest and heal. But you know what he's thinking and what Vince is thinking "Road to Wrestlemania is coming up, can't send him home, need him to carry the weight."

He's going to break before he takes a break.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Onmi posted:

Oh, dude is clearly working hurt. Compare him from when he last came back to now, there's a progressive curve of doing well to just degrading badly. Especially since the two brock matches, not saying that Brock hurt him, just it was a physical match. He's clearly broken down and NEEDS to go home and rest and heal. But you know what he's thinking and what Vince is thinking "Road to Wrestlemania is coming up, can't send him home, need him to carry the weight."

He's going to break before he takes a break.
I'm kind of terrified of what happens when Cena can't carry the weight anymore and just crumples down under the yoke of Vince's workaholic madness.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Parasara posted:

Good. Please section off those two so they can have quarantine matches with each other and not ruin anyone elses storyline.

Seems to me like it's just a transitional thing until Reigns gets his hands on Rollins, by going through Rollins' buddies one at a time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

gently caress THIS RETARDED loving COMPANY

agree

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
so did the main roster outshowed the NXT rookies? (i am asking for real i played wow instead, but it sounds like it sucked.)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cyron posted:

so did the main roster outshowed the NXT rookies? (i am asking for real i played wow instead, but it sounds like it sucked.)

They didn't

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Ziggler and Harper got close, maybe Ambrose and Wyatt as well, but if there was a fire lit underneath anyone else I sure didn't see it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm kind of terrified of what happens when Cena can't carry the weight anymore and just crumples down under the yoke of Vince's workaholic madness.

we've seen what happens. They go into a headless chook mode and safety book nobody beating anybody as they try to figure out what they're going to do until finally Cena pulls himself back months before his Doctor told him to and keeps working hurt because "The company needs me" until he's a cripple.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Alain Post posted:

They didn't

LAWL, gently caress raw, vince and dunn.

i am worried about when cena leaves if he ever does, it can lead to new generation 2.0 where bray wyatt become a american hero and the bunny wins king of the ring.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 15, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
This made me think: has NXT ever done gimmick matches? Somehow, it took me like three months of watching NXT to realize I've never (as far as I can remember) seen ladders, chairs, or even tables on that show.

(though I do have a vague recollection of a stairs spot or two)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

abraham linksys posted:

This made me think: has NXT ever done gimmick matches? Somehow, it took me like three months of watching NXT to realize I've never (as far as I can remember) seen ladders, chairs, or even tables on that show.

Neville/Dallas was a ladder match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abraham linksys posted:

the first NXT special had a ladder match for the title

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Huh, that reminds me I haven't seen Arrival or Takeover. Thanks :)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Onmi posted:

They go into a headless chook mode

We prefer to call it "Headless half-Asian-American mode", thank you very much.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
did the price for wrestle kingdom get release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cyron posted:

did the price for wrestle kingdom get release?

About $8.50 if you subscribe to the NJPW version of the Network (http://njpwworld.com/), $35 if you want the Jarrett promoted feed with JR's commentary in English.

• Locked thread