Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

El Wombato posted:

yea starsector's combat is mad fun. the game is prob never going to get finished but whatever.

i think it's going to eventually be finished, but like mount&blade it's probably just going to take a really long time. updates to it come slow but that seems to be because the dev actually makes the updates substantial and really polished and bug-free

highly recommend starsector to all nerds. if you've ever liked mechwarrior, mount&blade, or space games then you'll love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

starsector looks cool. I'll need to check it out.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Tie Fighter is awesome and still holds up well imo

chumbler posted:

Strike Suit Zero and Strike Suit Infinity are rad space games.

Agreed.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Elite: Dangerous officially launched today. It's a good space game, probably the best spaceflight sim since Freespace 2.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i heard Space Engineers is really good, and I watched a vid of it, and it looked really good,

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm not really sure what to make of that game. It's complex, the premise is interesting, and it doesn't feel janky or unpolished. It's also... I don't know, not very fun? :shrug:

It goes on sale all the time, cheap enough that I guess it's worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I bought it today as it was on sale and couldn't figure out what to make of it. I get the impression that the time it would take to learn how to play Engineers properly would be better spent learning how to play Kerbal, but it costs like half as much and I figured out how to slam a large spaceship into the mining station which was a fun five minutes. I'll keep trying to figure it out, at some point maybe it will become good.

Overall I enjoyed it enough to buy it for 50% off.

• Locked thread