Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A friend and co worker of mine died over the weekend. His mother asked me to bring this plant with me when I bring her son home to be buried. I have no idea what it is and I need to make sure it stays alive long enough to make the trip to her.

I suck at keeping plants alive. Can anyone help me with care instructions and/or identification of this plant? The soil was damp when I got it this morning and I have done nothing other than put it near the window for sunlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
You're going to want to generously season it with salt and pepper, and toss it in the oven at 325 for five hours.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

It's weed. Smoke it.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's the general ambient temperature of where you're at? How about the humidity? If you're in a cool, generally moist place, (with heat indoors), you can get away with just a quarter cup or so of water every morning, just to get the dirt moist. If it's hot and dry, or too cold and dry, you'll need a cup, possibly twice a day. So long as the dirt stays mildly damp, and isn't draining completely away, it should be fine.

Let it get 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight a day. Does it have drain holes on the bottom? If so, set it in a shallow dish or plate to catch any sort of moisture that might drip through.

Keep it warm if the interior temps will be dropping below 50f at night. The best place of it is over a heat vent in a sunny spot (a south facing window is primo) if at all possible, or moved over to the warm spot at night. Good air circulation is also nice to have.

No idea off the top of my head what it is, doesn't look like anything I grow. Dont eat it. Sorry about your friend, and good luck with the plant.

\/\/ Wait, poo poo, really? I don't do indoor plants.\/\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 16, 2014

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sorry about your friend. It looks like a very unhappy peace lily. Indirect light, let the soil dry out a bit before you water it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Thanks for the quick replies. I will move it away from the window a little bit and let the soil dry a little before watering it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Yes, a peace lily. They're very resilient, and in my experience tolerate under-watering much better than over-watering.

• Locked thread