Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

illectro posted:

I've gotta be clear, I was an astrophysicist, I knew all about orbital mechanics and how to design missions, but I've never been involved in rocket design, also, the emphasis on 'was' - I'm now a software dev. Of course since this youtube thing took off I'm now hanging out with rocket scientists and astrophysicists again, so I'm knee deep in it again.

Anyway currently my best tutorial series is about a year old and predates the contracts, I guess that means I'm due to put together another.....
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEmqpOkQZCl5SZB5t0vXuxE0

The video you made where you flew a plane designed by your dad had me in stitches. I had you pegged for an astro type from your Elite videos and your little tidbits about stars (photon escape time etc), and it's refreshing to find someone who can make entertaining videos while delivering interesting stuff like that and making it feel natural. I didn't even know Mercury wasn't tidally locked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU