Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Does part placement have vertical snapping yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
How about insufficient life support resources dinging your reputation in some way?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Has there been any discussion of off-world launchpads as a stock feature? I can't recall hearing the developers express an opinion about it one way or the other, but it makes sense as a late-game upgrade.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Overwined posted:

This is a strange question that just popped into my head, especially since I haven't had a proper computer or played KSP in weeks but here we go: Has anyone ever designed a craft with a sort of ablative or sacrificial nose piece where you intentionally hit the ground with minimal braking thrust and the structure of the craft absorbs the impact and keeps the important bits safe?

I don't know about a nose specifically, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Abyssal Lurker land with solid boosters fast enough to destroy the now-empty boosters but slow enough to avoid damaging the rest of the ship. That's one way to get around using decouplers.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

I'm OK without procedural tanks. It would mess with the early game part count limitations, or then make non-procedural tanks, models, textures redundant. Also joint-flex.

Make part limits tighter and/or introduce an upgradable tank volume limit.