Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How are you supposed to do the "put satellite in equatorial orbit with these dimensions" missions? I'm .5km off and .1 degree of elevation off and it won't take it but that's as close as I can get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mechjeb's ascent computer doesn't seem to be working very well anymore. I can manually fly my rocket to a 100x100km orbit, or press the button and... watch as it constantly overcorrects and falls apart from drag.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Peas and Rice posted:

I can't remember where I read this but:

Limit to terminal velocity.
Limit acceleration to 20 m/s.

Once you're above 21KM, you can remove the acceleration limit.

It seems to work fine for me.

Yeah, I figured out I can safely turn it on once I've dropped the first stage/I'm out of the pea soup part of the atmosphere.

I've manually flown a Delta Glider to the moon in Orbiter using nothing but the built-in MFDs so I think I'm qualified to use the autopilot in KSP :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Haha, Jesus I unlocked the first set of 2.5m parts, an enormous fuel tank and an enormous engine. I swap the first stage of my Minmus flyby ship out with two 2.5m tanks and an engine. 1.2 TWR on the pad. It barely clears the pad at 15 seconds after launch. But 6700m/s of dV means I can land on Minmus screw up my approach trajectory and fling Jeb into deep space. :toot:

I only use Mechjeb for takeoff so I have the most dV to play with when I'm in orbit. I do all the transfers and landings and everything else manually.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I installed the nuclear engines pack and it put in a third-party tech tree expansion that's full of empty nodes. Is there a list of the parts packs that are worth dumping in there?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Thanks to KSPIO I've got an AtarI ST emulator working as a mission control screen, more or less. There's still issues with the data readout (like values jumping around like crazy) but it updates every second and is mostly correct! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

thehustler posted:

lol, I love the wild variations but this is lovely work

Either KSPIO is providing bad data or there's a framing error, I haven't dug into that yet. I was mostly just proud of streaming data from KSP to the Atari. I'm using it to better learn 68000 assembly! Here's some source code if anyone's interested.