Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I just start up .90 and gah the hardness! When we do we get manuever nodes back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Are any of the map mods working? Im having a blast in Career but I hate not having ScanSats maps and hi-def terrian to choose a landing site.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Oh God new changes. Do the new stock scanners and sensor arrays give mapping information? Are they an acceptable substitute for the Scan-Sats mod? And oh God are connections between heat shields and separators are spaced and I do not like it.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Why does a fairing or any ugly block pop up between my stages and heat shield? The stage separator wont directly connect to the shield, leaving a space, and a hideous cowl appears.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Because the heat shield is convex, it wouldn't attach properly or it would clip through the lower part.

Im not satisfied with this, the MK1 Pod has the same general shape with the heat shield, there is no reason why it should be spaced farther away since the separator has a space margin itself.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Avenging Dentist posted:

I'm pretty sure KSP gets confused if a part's top and bottom nodes are in the same spot, so the heat shields have to have some height.

EDIT: Although they could probably take up somewhat less space than they do now.

I notice that the texture on the new cowl looks crappy, and basic, as if the engine is just putting out a shaded grid on something it thinks is naked. I really cant see them needing to take up height, or that much, they should be snug, but this is official forum rant territory. How do I get rid of it through hack-job modding?

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Well after a bit of trial and error I have reduced the spacing between stage separators and all the heat shields, my inner sperg refused to allow such a needless gap. I now humbly ask Roverdude, the author of said parts, to guide me in what to mess with in the cfg files, as deleting

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSeeThroughObject
transformName = fairing
}

Only makes the fairing visible in the VAB. God this is taking away from the 23 pages I have due monday.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Parachute bug and some graphical bug. Expect the next patch or two to just stabilize areo and game mechanic values.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Im starting a fresh career before the new unity change over, and college semester in order to best maximize failure. I always use ScanSat and MechJeb, however one of my most beloved mods have slipped my tongue. What is the most reliable anti-wobble mod? As in it stops the tendency of tall and complex rockets of breaking in half on takeoff despite my best strutting efforts. I believe this functions on the connection points between sections. I cant really make a realistic Apollo mission without this, it becomes a 2 launch set up.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I took a break from my half retarded Kerbal Death Program for school, has anything changed since July? And when is the next update expected, I heard it was supposed to be (big).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Its not bad advice.