Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Greetings and welcome to the third installment of Drawfia, a game for 15-18 players! I'm Dr. Hurt, your guide to all things Drawfia!

You are sitting there, glued to your seats. What is Drawfia, you scream at your computer set, why is Drawfia? Where is Drawfia?? Well slow down, firecracker. Here's the haps.

Drawfia is a combination of two well known and loved party games. Pictionary, and mafia. And that's where things can get a bit complicated. You must attempt to play a normal game of mafia all through pictures. The past two games have been won by scum, so I've tweaked things a little bit in order to balance the game a little better. We'll see how this turns out!

The first drawfia. Someone weirdo won. Also Donkey Kong killed someone. I don't have archives so I don't remember who.
If you have archives, here's the last Drawfia game we played Last year Eight bux ran away with the game because he was actually good at drawing. We'll see what happens this year!!

Drawfia Specific rules
  • Every post has to have a picture of some sort associated with it. Every post. "But but what if I'm voting??" Doesn't matter. It needs a picture to go with it under penalty of death.
  • This isn't post your favorite memes, PYF is a few subforums over. You need to have at least added something to every picture. The spirit of the game is to draw everything yourself, but people have got a little experimental in the last thread and I don't want to crush creativity.
  • Photos, videos, and gifs are all accepted, however you are completely breaking the game if it's a 20 minute video explaining your reads. Part of the fun of drawfia is the complete bamboozlement accompanied with trying to work out what random art means. Don't spoil it, yo.
  • Pictures can only contain words if there is no other way to edit them out.
  • However, if a picture contains content that the mods deem are unfairly breaking the spirit of the rules (don't willingly break the game to play regular mafia) then it is my right to warn and then modkill you if the case warrants it.
  • HAVE FUN OR ELSE.

Here's a copy of the regular rules of Mafia from Sombrero, but really most of you already know how to play. If you're a new player and this is your first choice of game. Well God have mercy on your soul.
  • Have fun. Respect your fellow players and go for a walk if you find yourself getting too angry at mafia.
  • Donít edit your posts without express permission. First time it happens in the game is a warning, the next time somebody has to die.
  • Please don't toxx, play truth or dare, or in any other way attempt to circumvent the game mechanics.
  • Donít talk with other players out of thread unless you are told you may do so.
  • Do not copy any text from communications with me.
  • Donít use fake day-actions.
  • Respect the hammer, don't post once a player has died but has not flipped.
  • :justpost: I donít want to be a butt about prodding people to post. I know the holidays are upon us, please just try to post at least once a real-life day. :justpost:
  • This is not a rule, but flavor arguments are not a good idea.

Player List

1. Allen Wren
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. Asiina
  4. AtrociousToaster
  5. CapitalistPig
  6. EXAKT Science
  7. HiipFire
  8. Little Mac
  9. mr.capps
  10. Murmur Twin
  11. Opopanax
  12. Poison Mushroom
  13. The Carpet Shark
  14. The Ninth Layer

To officially sign up for this game, please post a picture representing yourself so that other players don't have to draw 20 potato avatars to be able to tell people apart.

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 30, 2015

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

No I wasn't presigning I was just excited to spectate

Well you should have said so! I'm taking you off then.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Draw a picture to represent yourself!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I tried to capture your likeness Hiip but I don't think I was really able to capture your style.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I was trying to capture your original style but I think you were a little too intimidating

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yes. Voting is the only time you are allowed to type words out. That's not a dumb question at all.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Just need one more player! Role PMs will go out tomorrow when the 15th player joins!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Anything and everything is kosher. All art is art. Capps's crazy videos are cool. Shapetools are cool. MS Paint is cool. Photoshop is cool. Gifs are cool. Whatever your method is fine!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Sorry I am here. I'm going to leave sign-ups open for oneish more day and then I'll get things in gear. I have not abandoned this game!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello guys. Its been way too loving long. Long story short, for personal reasons I never actually started Drawfia. Rather than actually telling the group that I wanted to put in on pause until I got my personal things done, I kept telling myself that I'd start soon. Eventually the thread became something that I actively avoided trying to check because I completely fell out of it. This is not an excuse, I hosed up big time. I know folks were looking forward to this and I just dropped the ball. I'm sorry I was such a dick, and I hope folks won't hold it to much against me.

yes, we hate you, but we would still like to play Drawfia
If you still want to play Drawfia, then send me a PM. Once enough people have confirmed then the roles go out. If most people in the thread don't want to trust me/don't care enough any more I completely understand.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opop, I feel the worst about how you tried to keep the thread alive while I was gone. I totally understand if you've placed a Canadian hit out on me.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So far 10 folks have stated they want to play. I'll hold it open a little longer and then tonight the roles will go out.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I still want to play!

Do you guys think my drawing of myself is ok or should I make one that's more like my avatar instead of my username?

Drawing of yourself that you did earlier is fine by me, but i'm not gonna be the one drawing you all the time.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Roles are about to go out. Post a picture to confirm when you are ready! Reminder of the rules, keep words out of the pictures! Good luck and god speed!

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 29, 2015

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

i sent a pm why am i not on that picture

You are "This Guy." It's a clip from your video.

MildManeredManikin posted:

Oh no carpet, she still wanted to play I think

I sent her a PM earlier and she hasn't checked it yet. Check and see if she still wants in and I can put her in.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hiipfire I need an email address so I can send you your role, aside from that, everyone should have their PM. Once over half the game confirms we will begin!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

[Hurt's too lazy to draw right now. Picture will be later]

Things looked good on the first day of the set. All the details were cleared with the Unions. The buzz was incredible. We were already the pick for Blockbuster Tentpole of the year. But who would have guessed the madness that would have begun the first day of shooting.

Day 1 has now begun! From this point on, each post must contain a drawing. Good luck Drawfia! Deadline is Sunday, at 7 PM EST.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

(it's in the second post)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Deadline has been extended to Monday, 7pm est

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

:redhammer:

And that's the puppy cuddle! Give me a sec to whip up a drawing and the flip.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hiipfire, The Gaffer, Town Aligned Employee has been killed on set. What the hell does a Gaffer do? We'll never know. He was probably important but the movie can survive without him.

It is now night, you have 24 hours to pm me actions but please do it sooner rather than later.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opop, The Key Grip Vengeful Town Employee had a mysterious death Night 1. Now who will grip the keys? I guess we'll have to get that guy from Ghostbusters. It is now Day 2! Deadline is set for Thursday, at 9 pm.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Phone posting since I'm at work and can't draw but because Opop wasn't lynched his ability to carry out vengeance was not successful. I'm using the mafia wiki definition of vengeful.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

(well 10 now but whatever)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Deadline has come and gone. No Lynch. PM me your night actions.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Allen Wren, Security Guard Town 2-Shot Cop, died Night 2. It is now Day 3. Deadline is scheduled for 9 pm February 9th.

Guys I don't want to sound like a dick, but Drawfia only works when there is active participation with the players. If everybody lurks, then Drawfia dies off because it needs a high level of participation because of its gimmick.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah honestly I'm shutting the game down. I blame myself for the lack of participation in this thing. Thanks to the folks who tried to keep it alive. Maybe in a little while we can give it another go but right now with the level of effort/interest I'm not gonna let the game shamble on into the end.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

I had a lot of fun while it lasted, Hurt!

I'm really glad! I had a lot of fun too. I think with all the games/the LPs going on in the discussion thread folks just had more fun things to do than Drawfia and I get that. Really I should have tabled it when I took the hiatus thing, but thank you to everyone who came back and gave this game a shot. Really thank you!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'll resurrect this in the summer or during some sort of break when people have more free time. Dr4wfia will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Quick question: What were people's opinions on the Masonries? Spec Talk: I put three Masonries in the game divided as equally as possible to give folks an opportunity to try to at least bounce ideas off each other. This way Town has at least a better shot at catching scum than they normally do in a mafia game. i heard some folks say this was against the spirit of Drawfia, and others didn't even bother with it since they were unconfirmed. What do you guys think about using masons as a way of trying to tip the scales more to equality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Opop, what would you suggest then to try to tip things a bit more in towns direction then? The very nature of Drawfia is geared towards scum because it's so much harder to actually parse through information. This is not a pointed question, I'm just thinking about balancing for later games without killing the "spirit" of the game.

• Locked thread