Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Highlights from my hunting trip in GTA 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
getting a new pc so i can play this dang game with nice graphics, cant wait. hope it has replay editor like 4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can you play dress up like in SA or 4 or what

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

With mods, you can realize any perverted dream you wish.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
It's gonna run like garbage just like every other recent console port. I've got a Haswell i5/8GB/280x so maybe i'll get 25 FPS on low settings.

Also I didn't know you could take selfies in GTA V that's some awesome poo poo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

Yes. You can't make your dude really fat or really buff tho.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So can anyone with extensive experience with the console version of GTA V online give a synopsis of what they think might be improved on PC? What makes it replayable? I was watching my brother play at his house, and it actually seemed like it had some good persistence and looked pretty fun. It's probably the aspect of the game I'm most interested in. What all can you do in Multiplayer that makes it worth getting?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

So can anyone with extensive experience with the console version of GTA V online give a synopsis of what they think might be improved on PC? What makes it replayable? I was watching my brother play at his house, and it actually seemed like it had some good persistence and looked pretty fun. It's probably the aspect of the game I'm most interested in. What all can you do in Multiplayer that makes it worth getting?

Well, a buddy and I used to grab the Cargobob (the chopper that can pick up other vehicles) and either drag people into the ocean or drop one car onto a player on foot, killing them. You can also do various missions; I loved the ones with fighter jets and stuff. If they actually implement heists that'll be cool but honestly the biggest draw for me will still be the open world PVP.

My guess for improvements will be increased player count, increased vehicle options and effects and maybe some good user generated content if they do the right thing. People are still playing GTA:SA on PC multiplayer and that game dropped in 2005 for the PC.

You should come hang out with us in Corn Gangg.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Well, a buddy and I used to grab the Cargobob (the chopper that can pick up other vehicles) and either drag people into the ocean or drop one car onto a player on foot, killing them. You can also do various missions; I loved the ones with fighter jets and stuff. If they actually implement heists that'll be cool but honestly the biggest draw for me will still be the open world PVP.

My guess for improvements will be increased player count, increased vehicle options and effects and maybe some good user generated content if they do the right thing. People are still playing GTA:SA on PC multiplayer and that game dropped in 2005 for the PC.

You should come hang out with us in Corn Gangg.

I will definitely hang!

How many players does it currently support?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I will definitely hang!

How many players does it currently support?

16 in one session for the ps3/xbox360 and 32 for the newer generation releases (including PC). If it's anything like GTA:SA and GTAIV online this cap might be rendered meaningless shortly.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

16 in one session for the ps3/xbox360 and 32 for the newer generation releases (including PC). If it's anything like GTA:SA and GTAIV online this cap might be rendered meaningless shortly.

I seem to remember a mod for GTA:SA that allowed hundreds of people onto the same server, I suppose that is what you are referring to?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I seem to remember a mod for GTA:SA that allowed hundreds of people onto the same server, I suppose that is what you are referring to?

Yep!

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
When I get my GTX 970 and 1440p monitor I'm going to play this harder than I've played any other game on this planet, except for MGS V.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the san andreas RPG/RP mods were insanely fun to troll, i hope those days will make a glorious return

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bobnumerotres posted:

the san andreas RPG/RP mods were insanely fun to troll, i hope those days will make a glorious return

Please elaborate dear sir.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
consider that there were many people doing psuedoserious gang worlds complete with stand-down meetings to discuss turf and cash disputes in San Andreas RPG servers.

now consider that with the appropriate preparation beforehand, a rogue actor could get an attack helicopter with many high explosive missiles, and, when said chopper is shot down, they could parachute to safety and continue the assault with rocket launchers.

i'm sure your imagination can fill in some of the blanks here.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

he shot a bunch of nerds pretending they were dealing drugs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Frank Horrigan posted:

he shot a bunch of nerds pretending they were dealing drugs

im glad of it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in a far less faggy way: people took those RPG servers reaaaallly seriously to the point where it was a second life and then you just joined and played GTA as normal and kept typing in "i am the new boss in town" until they banned you

there were also servers that let you pick careers, one of them let you pick a hitman where you could tie people down in a car instantly with a chat command, what you're supposed to do is drive it into the ocean but you could also just leave them tied up forever in the car until they had to disconnect

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im truly excited to play grand theft auto 5 on the home computer

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
My favorite thing to do in those RPG servers was to slam planes into people. Enjoying a nice ride on your motorcycle in the middle of nowhere, enjoying the awesome soundtrack of San Andr- BOOM MOTHERFUCKER, YOU GOT PLANED.

People would lose their loving minds if you played their psychopath simulator game the wrong way.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

If you picked your character "action" as the jacking off motion you could just hold down the button and your character would just keep jacking off and never stop so if you got invited into someone's house you could just airjack all day in between using their shower and a mic to stream "Danger Zone".

GOTY

Anyway i'm super hyped for this game

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Frank Horrigan posted:

My favorite thing to do in those RPG servers was to slam planes into people. Enjoying a nice ride on your motorcycle in the middle of nowhere, enjoying the awesome soundtrack of San Andr- BOOM MOTHERFUCKER, YOU GOT PLANED.

People would lose their loving minds if you played their psychopath simulator game the wrong way.

You mean, like, on a console, right? :v:

Starhawk64 posted:

Ignoring your racist comment, PC gamers complain and get butthurt over consoles because it's not longer the 90s aka PC gaming's Golden Age. Nowadays all we get are the sloppy leftover ports months later. We're the second class citizens if anything else.

Sounds like PC gamers are the MRAs of the gaming world to me. :smug:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Coolguye posted:

consider that there were many people doing psuedoserious gang worlds complete with stand-down meetings to discuss turf and cash disputes in San Andreas RPG servers.

now consider that with the appropriate preparation beforehand, a rogue actor could get an attack helicopter with many high explosive missiles, and, when said chopper is shot down, they could parachute to safety and continue the assault with rocket launchers.

i'm sure your imagination can fill in some of the blanks here.

one time me and my swedish friend went on one of those servers and got chased by some player cops, and then we went into a skate park in our SUV and did some sick tricks, eventually escaping the cops by jumping off one of the pools over the fence

later we got caught and I went to jail forever because i wouldnt give them my ID

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sounds like PC gamers are the MRAs of the gaming world to me. :smug:

That comparison doesn't work no matter what tortured logic you use.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I am going to viciously murder anyone who turns this into a discussion on anything related to MRA's or SJW's instead of fun times with weapons and cars.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I was just playing GTA 5 and I hosed up while messing around with the gas can, and fell over while on fire. The gas can exploded in my hands and now it isn't in my inventory anymore. lmao

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Powercrazy posted:

That comparison doesn't work no matter what tortured logic you use.

I learned it from you (not you personally, from PC Gamers: Master Race... hey, that sounds, um, kind of racist and exclusionary now that I think about it...)

I must go now; my planet needs me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I learned it from you (not you personally, from PC Gamers: Master Race... hey, that sounds, um, kind of racist and exclusionary now that I think about it...)

Can't wait to blow up this post with a rocket launcher at 60 FPS in first-person view.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*recruits fat guy in green sweater into my gang and hops in a Banshee and does a driveby with a 9mm micro smg*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

*recruits fat guy in green sweater into my gang and hops in a Banshee and does a driveby with a 9mm micro smg*

That owned. San Andreas Owns. Is there a similiar mechanic in GTA V?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Just remember to walk on the sidewalk on the way to the spaceport.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Important question, can I go 120 fps in this?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

did rokstar release the system requirements yet

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

Monday_ posted:

It's gonna run like garbage just like every other recent console port. I've got a Haswell i5/8GB/280x so maybe i'll get 25 FPS on low settings.

Also I didn't know you could take selfies in GTA V that's some awesome poo poo.

cough cough max payne 3 pc port cough

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

GTA SA had no online multiplayer of any kind

the mod completely added multiplayer by itself and there were never any hardcoded player restraints

if this is anything like GTA IV we wont be able to mod jack poo poo as the tools will be made impossibly difficult to do anything cool like increase player caps (GTA SA-MP was a miracle)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Skeleton King posted:

GTA SA had no online multiplayer of any kind

the mod completely added multiplayer by itself and there were never any hardcoded player restraints

if this is anything like GTA IV we wont be able to mod jack poo poo as the tools will be made impossibly difficult to do anything cool like increase player caps (GTA SA-MP was a miracle)

I'm hoping they leave something open like they did in SA but deep down inside I know they won't.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Motto
I'm unemployed and gaming is my life.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Motto
I'm unemployed and gaming is my life.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another fun thing to do in SA MP was drive-bys. if you shot out of the driver seat of a car, the game gave you a shitload of bonus damage and auto-aim (to make drive-by shooting cars and stuff easier for certain missions), obv something that wasn't balanced with other players in mind.

so if you drove around completely shredding people apart and blowing up cars with that they would get SUPER pissed and call you a cheater etc. good times

• Locked thread