Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'd hope this ends up being a good port since they've waited so long unlike Watch Doges. I realize that may not translate into any meaningful port goodness though.

gta4 was a loving mess, but that was optimized for non-x86 consoles. hopefully gta5 will run smooth just by virtue of being optimized for what's pretty much a PC already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Red Faction Guerilla, Dark Souls, Dawn of War 2, Ace Combat, Toy Soldiers- all of those managed to get rid of it despite the fact that barely anyone plays those anymore. The only games I can think of that still have GFWL are GTA4, Battlestations and Fable 3(I dunno if this one still counts since they took it off steam a year ago)

how about halo 2

i cant even play anything on gfwl because one day it started telling me i didn't meet the age requirements for the games and if i tried to change my DOB it said because of my age i couldn't change it or access certain settings. :psyboom:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm going to wait for reviews to see if they hosed the port up or not but otherwise I'm in on this poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Ignoring your racist comment, PC gamers complain and get butthurt over consoles because it's not longer the 90s aka PC gaming's Golden Age. Nowadays all we get are the sloppy leftover ports months later. We're the second class citizens if anything else.

thanks for continuing this really important discussion bro

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the san andreas RPG/RP mods were insanely fun to troll, i hope those days will make a glorious return

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in a far less faggy way: people took those RPG servers reaaaallly seriously to the point where it was a second life and then you just joined and played GTA as normal and kept typing in "i am the new boss in town" until they banned you

there were also servers that let you pick careers, one of them let you pick a hitman where you could tie people down in a car instantly with a chat command, what you're supposed to do is drive it into the ocean but you could also just leave them tied up forever in the car until they had to disconnect

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another fun thing to do in SA MP was drive-bys. if you shot out of the driver seat of a car, the game gave you a shitload of bonus damage and auto-aim (to make drive-by shooting cars and stuff easier for certain missions), obv something that wasn't balanced with other players in mind.

so if you drove around completely shredding people apart and blowing up cars with that they would get SUPER pissed and call you a cheater etc. good times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks, this joke is like salt, it enhances the flavor of the existing joke and brings it out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

first person and third person players are segregated

wait what? you cant just switch perspectives

jedi knight did this in the loving 90s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skeleton King posted:

lmao if u believe this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was the HDmake full price on ps4/xbone?

e: god drat, it is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat that guy is mad, prob doesnt have a wiiu

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao this game is 75 dollars on steam.

holy poo poo it's 60 dollars. full price for a year old port. what the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait to order this for 40-some odd dollars from a super sketchy website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

see no evil🙈
talk no evil🙊
hear no evil🙉

i like the mild racism in "talk no" evil instead of "speak no" evil, good job. i give this thread a 5

• Locked thread