Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm looking forward to playing this on the PC. I'm glad that they're porting over the enhanced stuff and adding neat stuff like first person controls; I had quite a bit of fun abusing the cargobob on the PS3 and look forward to playing with some imps. We had/have a pretty good team setup in COD:AW and I think we can bring the same fun to the GTA universe.

I'm hyped enough that I've re-installed GTA:SA on my PC and am running through that again; it's bringing back several good memories and god drat I am excited to play this.

Can we get an Imp gang going?

Here is the Imp gang

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'd hope this ends up being a good port since they've waited so long unlike Watch Doges. I realize that may not translate into any meaningful port goodness though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you picked your character "action" as the jacking off motion you could just hold down the button and your character would just keep jacking off and never stop so if you got invited into someone's house you could just airjack all day in between using their shower and a mic to stream "Danger Zone".

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

You mean "rolling the dice"

I rolled dice all the time in that game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cargobob shenanigans are the best shenanigans.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Have they said anything about delaying the PC version to make it run better or is it just the normal Rockstar inability to talk about anything relevant?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cyra posted:

even resident evil 5 is getting steamworks

Does this mean we can kill white people instead of black people

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I heard that apparently the GTAV port will go over 75gb, which I can believe since Max Payne 3 was huge

I hope it's not all uncompressed audio.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Add The Corn Gangg to the OP as the Official Impzone GTA Gang.

Does it have to have two gs and is there a social club link yet?

for that matter are they porting existing gangs?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Might need a new emblem...haha.

We should have a contest.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress now I want to play this on my PS3 and I was avoiding that till launch day.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I already played again it in like august or something. If I play it now I'll be completely burned out.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I hope GTA SA can tide me over till then.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sometimes you get a hankering.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/widestancer

Time to turn this into a surrogate social networking site and take dumb pictures and poo poo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

PC users are always so totes jell and thirsty for console innovations, but look down on console gaming. They're exactly like white people stealing the black man's music and culture and bastardizing it.

It's super apt because black people do not have computers either.

Basically kill whitey is what I'm saying.

Well you got last part right at least so there's hope.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

can you play dress up like in SA or 4 or what

Yes. You can't make your dude really fat or really buff tho.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

So can anyone with extensive experience with the console version of GTA V online give a synopsis of what they think might be improved on PC? What makes it replayable? I was watching my brother play at his house, and it actually seemed like it had some good persistence and looked pretty fun. It's probably the aspect of the game I'm most interested in. What all can you do in Multiplayer that makes it worth getting?

Well, a buddy and I used to grab the Cargobob (the chopper that can pick up other vehicles) and either drag people into the ocean or drop one car onto a player on foot, killing them. You can also do various missions; I loved the ones with fighter jets and stuff. If they actually implement heists that'll be cool but honestly the biggest draw for me will still be the open world PVP.

My guess for improvements will be increased player count, increased vehicle options and effects and maybe some good user generated content if they do the right thing. People are still playing GTA:SA on PC multiplayer and that game dropped in 2005 for the PC.

You should come hang out with us in Corn Gangg.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I will definitely hang!

How many players does it currently support?

16 in one session for the ps3/xbox360 and 32 for the newer generation releases (including PC). If it's anything like GTA:SA and GTAIV online this cap might be rendered meaningless shortly.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I seem to remember a mod for GTA:SA that allowed hundreds of people onto the same server, I suppose that is what you are referring to?

Yep!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Frank Horrigan posted:

he shot a bunch of nerds pretending they were dealing drugs

im glad of it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I am going to viciously murder anyone who turns this into a discussion on anything related to MRA's or SJW's instead of fun times with weapons and cars.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I learned it from you (not you personally, from PC Gamers: Master Race... hey, that sounds, um, kind of racist and exclusionary now that I think about it...)

I must go now; my planet needs me.

*recruits fat guy in green sweater into my gang and hops in a Banshee and does a driveby with a 9mm micro smg*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Skeleton King posted:

GTA SA had no online multiplayer of any kind

the mod completely added multiplayer by itself and there were never any hardcoded player restraints

if this is anything like GTA IV we wont be able to mod jack poo poo as the tools will be made impossibly difficult to do anything cool like increase player caps (GTA SA-MP was a miracle)

I'm hoping they leave something open like they did in SA but deep down inside I know they won't.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Motto
I'm unemployed and gaming is my life.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dumb glitch I noticed: they haven't removed Patriot smoke from the iFruit app so you can use it to add multicolored tire smoke even if you missed out on the independence day update. For people who care about that sort of thing. Apparently by hacking the iFruit app itself you can actually make any color smoke you want by altering the hex values for each part if you have a jailbroken/rooted phone.

Also played a bit on a friend's PS4 with the enhanced version and it's way better framerate wise.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually, untill I promote her, she is at the lowest level of the crew heirarchy.

I'm okay with this and look forward to Corn Gangg shenanigans. I've already changed my license plates to read "IMP ZONE" using the little app thing.

Rockstar has released more information on heists online; we'll need a planner whose apartment or whatever we'll end up using for whatever heist. I'm loving stoked and can't wait for the unintentional hilarity as we inevitably blow a heist like we have done in Payday 2 so many times.

We've also had some really good Payday 2 runs with Imps and while they're different games I feel like a lot of the same stuff might apply just without Bain being a retard.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fandyien posted:

it has the cool first person mode and stuff right

Yeah it does. There are also several other undocumented changes mostly dealing with a much more complex world geometry and fixing several glitches. I tried getting into Blue Hell using a few tried and true places and could not in the PS4 version, for example. And there are in my limited experience more explorable areas and stuff that spawns around each area.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Do apartments transfer over? If so one of my chars is loaded. otherwise someone else can do it.

Characters do transfer over. In fact they recently made it so that if someone transferred a character to ps4/Xbox One and really wants to transfer again to PC they can do that too. You also get your pre-order bonuses or Atomic Blimp transferred over for single player if you have those.

They've significantly increased the amount of money you get from all the base online missions too; back when I played online with friends it was that one tunnel mission or the jet hijacking over and over again and it looks like they've fixed that.

There will also be roles for getaway, hacking and other stuff. One of the things Rockstar mentioned a couple of days ago was that supposedly they've figured out a way to make it so that the getaway driver isn't just sitting there doing nothing while the rest of the crew robs things. Maybe they do hacking or hold people off or something?

On a side note remember when Watch Dogs billed itself as what everyone would be playing once it came out since GTAV was "just something to do until Watch Dogs came out"?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You also get bonuses for transferring an existing character; the only one I've seen personally was a Sprunk branded Buffalo that my buddy was driving around in his game but I'm sure there are others. I can't be bothered to check the wiki or whatever since I don't want to spoil the magic of finding Bigfoot in this game or whatever.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Couldn't resist and popped this back in my PS3.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Some of the properties for sale claim an "updated interior". I already have a swanky apartment from launch week with the 10 car garage and mechanic; what does the "new interior" add?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm still excited for it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game will come out and it will be fun when it does.

Let's play some Payday 2 until that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao this game is 75 dollars on steam.

Thats messed up

• Locked thread