Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Snark posted:

Because maybe someone will learn something, and even if they don't I find it very amusing personally. Mind you, it wasn't made to be played by people I think are idiots. It was made to capitalize on the attention of people I think are idiots. The game itself will probably not be played by all but the most hypocritical of those idiots.
Who is the someone and what will they learn? How is that amusing? This would be a lot less confusing for me if you'd just come out and say things directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

anyone who buys this probably is a low IQ gamer who cant wait for modders to add in child killing and is super concerned about GAMES AS ART or ethics in games journalism or some dumb poo poo

To be fair putting dynamite on kids that ran all over the place and timing it to blow up other people in Fallout/Fallout 2 was pretty funny, as was being able to give Wright's kids a gun and tell them it's a toy and to wave it in front of their dad's face and pull the trigger to be able to pull off the assassination.

I wish we could still have stuff like that. That was pretty funny and clever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
while you are answering Crashcat can you explain why your av insinuates you draw naked pictures of children because thats really hosed

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This game looks like it sucks and will probably be played for like 5 minutes tops by most people who even pick it up before they go "gently caress it" and quit, consigning it to the 57584930378 other steam games they own and basically never play.
Hey, that's not fair. I totally want to play the games I bought, dammit.

someday

:saddowns:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I can't believe the amount of fervor this game brought up and the fact that people cared enough about 2 trailers to try and get steam to not offer the game. If this game just came out people would be like "Welp thats dumb" and not play it.

Also whats the difference between hatred and Hotline miami? Both games look like they are brutally violent, one just has pixels the other has fancy video game cutscenes.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I don't get how people are getting the idea that you kill mostly innocent people, because like half of the footage they show is the 'Antagonist' getting shot at by cops and shooting at cops.

That being said it looks like a generic isometric twin stick shooter that I won't buy, but still, I don't get the controversy, potential neo-Nazi or no, this whole game is a big who gives a poo poo?

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

CrashCat posted:

Who is the someone and what will they learn? How is that amusing? This would be a lot less confusing for me if you'd just come out and say things directly.

:colbert: It's not my job to educate you.

But to try anyway...

It's amusing because in raising a furor over the game they've made it a greater success than if they had just ignored it. It's like the Catholic Church getting bent out of shape over the DaVinci Code only without quite as much critical thinking.

I'm also amazed my obvious 'change my avatar' bait post actually worked. That's bloody hilarious.

So the people doing these things? They're the someones.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Proposal:

Instead of outright banning children in video games being able to be injured like Australia and Germany or whoever do they should have a smoke filled room with silver haired men in business suits who pore over the game's script and code to determine if the manner in which the child is injured or killed contributes to a really funny situation.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Eye of Widesauron posted:

To be fair putting dynamite on kids that ran all over the place and timing it to blow up other people in Fallout/Fallout 2 was pretty funny, as was being able to give Wright's kids a gun and tell them it's a toy and to wave it in front of their dad's face and pull the trigger to be able to pull off the assassination.

I wish we could still have stuff like that. That was pretty funny and clever.

Unless you lived in Europe, where the in-game children were invisible and just stole your poo poo without repercussions.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
Fallout 3 was loving terrible and Little Lamplight might have been the worst thing about it.

gently caress you Bethesda.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Exmond posted:

I can't believe the amount of fervor this game brought up and the fact that people cared enough about 2 trailers to try and get steam to not offer the game. If this game just came out people would be like "Welp thats dumb" and not play it.

Also whats the difference between hatred and Hotline miami? Both games look like they are brutally violent, one just has pixels the other has fancy video game cutscenes.

HLM has better gameplay and a psychedelic atmosphere.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

"Add in a squeaky noise when the kid's shoes hit the floor after he explodes next to the clown and we'll bring it up to a vote."

"Seconded"

*Harumphing ensues*

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Exmond posted:

Hotline Miami is half acid trip. From music to presentation, it has a style to it.

Hatred's style is

And is mostly about being the edgiest kid at middle school possible.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

The Snark posted:

:colbert: It's not my job to educate you.

But to try anyway...

It's amusing because in raising a furor over the game they've made it a greater success than if they had just ignored it. It's like the Catholic Church getting bent out of shape over the DaVinci Code only without quite as much critical thinking.

I'm also amazed my obvious 'change my avatar' bait post actually worked. That's bloody hilarious.

You are truly a master of puppets.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I just hope it's better than Betrayer

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Snark posted:

Who is it you are so afraid of mentioning? Do they read SA? Do they have a fleet of lawyers? What is it you are so petrified of? Why do I have to educate myself on what your pronouns mean? What would I even do to accomplish that? Google isn't helping me much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when this game gets released jack thompson will get an erection and he won't even know why

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
From what I've read the game is about killing civilians and they don't fight back, but obviously the police and other authorities start to hunt you down. Could be a cool escalating force game or it could be a high-tension "manhunt" type of game where if you go guns blazing constantly you'll get killed pretty quickly.

It could also just be an edgy game that sucks. But the important part is that the people who can't separate fantasy from reality and content from creators and think censorship can only come from the government are REALLY upset about it (see my title).

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Situations when it's okay to beat up minorities in video games without them fighting back: when Barret is confused or asleep and you need to snap him out of it or if you're doing a low level run but at that point maybe you have a choice of who to knock out over and over again

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And is mostly about being the edgiest kid at middle school possible.
no sorry that's Drawn to Death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFwCLji3VU

this poo poo is freshman year of high school, maybe sophomore

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Powercrazy posted:

From what I've read the game is about killing civilians and they don't fight back, but obviously the police and other authorities start to hunt you down. Could be a cool escalating force game or it could be a high-tension "manhunt" type of game where if you go guns blazing constantly you'll get killed pretty quickly.
Oh, well if they do hunt you down then there's at least a game there. Pretty much everyone I've ever known played GTAs by killing random innocent people and then trying to lose the cops, at least once or twice just to see if they could do it. That's like a tradition at this point, though making an entire game out of just that and keeping it entertaining would be difficult. Oh, and none of those people who played GTAs have gone on to do any violent crimes that I know of.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is anyone actually raising a furor over this game? most of the articles and stuff i've seen have been 'it would have been controversial in 2004, but in 2014 it's just kind of dumb and laughable.'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think the game should be banned, I just think it looks dumb and like edge simulator 2014

Endorph posted:

is anyone actually raising a furor over this game? most of the articles and stuff i've seen have been 'it would have been controversial in 2004, but in 2014 it's just kind of dumb and laughable.'

agreed

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Endorph posted:

goons

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Endorph posted:

How would it be controversial in 2004 when GTA3 came out in like 2001 and had mass murder & raping hookers.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I don't think the game should be banned, I just think it looks dumb and like edge simulator 2014

:agreed:

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

CrashCat posted:

Oh, well if they do hunt you down then there's at least a game there. Pretty much everyone I've ever known played GTAs by killing random innocent people and then trying to lose the cops, at least once or twice just to see if they could do it. That's like a tradition at this point, though making an entire game out of just that and keeping it entertaining would be difficult. Oh, and none of those people who played GTAs have gone on to do any violent crimes that I know of.

Not in any percentage to be statistically important that I am aware of. With any sufficiently large group of people you can surely find some people who both played GTA games AND did something violent. Said people also probably had other correlations, like drinking sodas or eating fast food. 100% of puppy torturers breath air you know, just like Hitler.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Khorne posted:

How would it be controversial in 2004 when GTA3 came out in like 2001 and had mass murder & raping hookers.

which one was the rape button

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Can you cuck someone in this game? I imagine that's where true hatred comes from

Games is finally getting year old memes from GBS it seems. Tane and orbs will soon follow.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Better than Dragon Age: Inquisition or, as I like to call it, gay sex simulator 2014.

9/10

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NutritiousSnack posted:

Games is finally getting year old memes from GBS it seems. Tane and orbs will soon follow.

cuck meme is timeless friend

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

NutritiousSnack posted:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Endorph posted:

Goons are writing to Gabe to take it down, and their misery is the only reason I care.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Endorph posted:

I'd love to know but The Snark won't tell me who is.

It's probably twitter

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

Well, the ethics in gaming journalism crowd is very upset about Steam. But that's it.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Irish Joe posted:

Better than Dragon Age: Inquisition

Hard not to be.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Goons are writing to Gabe to take it down, and their misery is the only reason I care.
can gender bender dna twister extreme be taken down first

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
This game just makes me think of terrible tattoos.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Hey, someone was upset about it enough to buy me the Avatar. Can't say SA goons don't care. Can't say who the someone is, because I don't know, nor do I need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Here's the big difference between this game and any other game that features violence:

This game was made by neo-nazis, or at the very least neo-nazi sympathizers.

You may be able to kill hookers and russians in other games but the big difference is when you do so you're not directly funding nazis. I'm sure there's a big audience out for this game, and they have all rights to sell it, I just don't really think Steam should be funding nazis.

• Locked thread