Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nothing like sittin back and enjoying the visuals of an unfunny comedy for 2 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I thought The Interview had plenty of good jokes. Lots of little things like Franco changing the bag because "Un knows I take fashion risks", Franco outsmarting Rogen's plan by telling Un he's a jew, "that's such a boromir thing to say" etc etc. Good little movie, not gonna blow any minds but a lot of fun and managed to weave in some clever jokes amongst the more crappy slap stick ones.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought the Eminem scene was pretty funny. I got a chuckle out of some other parts. Didn't find the North Korean lieutenant lady hot like some other folks but whatever.

It was okay. I remember even while chuckling at some parts I was thinking 'this is not that great' but whatever. Seems an appropriate catalyst for our nation to enter a third world war.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I thought this movie was average to below average and its not because I don't like Seth Rogan and James Franco. This is the End was much more hilarious than this. This just felt dull and all over the place at times.

This movie felt like "Neighbors" to me. Funny at times, but not in a way that I finished the movie feeling fulfilled.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Boromirs posted:

They hate us cus they anus.

But seriously this movie, just like every other movie created, is based on personal preferences and sense of humor. People with a decent sense of humor will chuckle at it occasionally; people who don't have a sense of humor and are giant man-children who hate fun are going to hate it. The latter is what we call North Koreans communists. Are you a north Korean communist?

Communist was a better word because North Korea best Korea.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 1, 2015

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

UoI posted:

They hate us cus they anus.

Haters gonna hate, ain't-ers gonna ain't.

Overall it was funnier than Neighbors and about equal to This Is The End, but obviously Pineapple Express was the best of all these movies. I missed Danny McBride and Craig Robinson.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

origami posted:

Didn't find the North Korean lieutenant lady hot like some other folks but whatever.

What about the naked kgirls.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

What about the naked kgirls.

That was pretty good and I enjoyed the whole indulgent montage of Skylark and Un bro'ing out.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
I liked Neighbors a lot more than The Interview. Neighbors used its cast better, plus it had the better Franco and Rose Byrne (who actually got to do things) and less racist humor.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I rented this last night. It wasn't as funny as Neighbours, but it had its moments. It was about on par with This is the End for humour. I liked the movie overall, but I was a bit put off by the gore.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Binary Badger posted:

- use an escape route so retarded it would never work in real life

Wait, why would this escape route not work IRL?

tl;dr: North Korea digs invasion tunnels BENEATH the heavily-militarized border between the North and South, paints the surrounding rocks of the tunnel black so they can claim "it's just a coal mine not invading or anything doop de doo" if they get caught. Four have been discovered, dozens possibly still exist.

EDIT: Granted an extraction team penetraing the DPRK like that and being at the right spot is kinda fortuitous, but hey if the North can infiltrate the south so many times I don't see why the reverse couldn't be the same.

ShadowCatboy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 3, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I missed Danny McBride.

It was kind of bizarre how few supporting roles this movie had. It definitely could have used another character to go with them to North Korea to kind of break up the Rogen/Franco dynamic which kind of felt like it was going in circles at times.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

This movie is the soft taco of comedies.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sylink posted:

This movie is the soft taco of comedies.
So infinitely better than the other kind of comedies?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

No, its lovely boilerplate crap that is only good when you are hosed up on drugs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Soft tacos are better than hard tacos though hence his post.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Groovelord Neato posted:

They're really good, but fall just short of being burritos, the superior food. So yeah, pretty apt comparison.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is true. Hard tacos are poo poo.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If this is the metaphor we're going with, it's clearly a flour tortilla taco. It's fine, the stuff inside is all the same, but it's still not as good.

22 Jump Street, in this case, is one of those bomb-rear end fusion tacos in a homemade corn tortilla, and Neighbors is a corn tortilla taco from your taco joint down the street.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Unless we're talking soft tacos from Taco Bell or something, soft tacos are almost always better than hard tacos in just about every scenario.

Yoshifan823 posted:

22 Jump Street, in this case, is one of those bomb-rear end fusion tacos in a homemade corn tortilla, and Neighbors is a corn tortilla taco from your taco joint down the street.
While I agree on 22 Jump Street, Neighbors felt like a Taco Bell soft taco to me.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I liked 21 Jump Street so 22 is worth a rental?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's worth a buy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boywhiz88 posted:

I liked 21 Jump Street so 22 is worth a rental?
Uhhhh, yeah, it's easily the funniest movie of 2014. You won't be disappointed :)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Awesome. I really like Channing's chemistry with Jonah. Ive actually really come to enjoy him as an actor after Jump Street, Magic Mike, and the other Soderbergh films he's in. Not to mention This is the End. Oh God. "Hey guys!"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

22 isn't as funny as 21 but it's still really funny. I want to disagree that it was the funniest movie of 2014 but can't think of any competition.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This movie and 22 and Grand Budapest are the only good comedies this year.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

22 isn't as funny as 21 but it's still really funny. I want to disagree that it was the funniest movie of 2014 but can't think of any competition.

Birdman, Trailer Park Boys: Don't Legalize It

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
This movie was so bad holy poo poo. Normally being stoned makes me way more open-minded to things I don't like while sober (Rogen and Franco) but god drat that was unfunny.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

The Lego Movie. No, you don't have to be a little kid.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LaughMyselfTo posted:

As long as you have the maturity of one.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Irish Joe posted:

As long as you have the maturity of one.

Exactly! :v:

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

If you're willing to sit through Annie, Chris Miller and Phil Lord directed a hilarious Twilight parody for the film entitled MoonQuake Lake starring Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis and Rihanna.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

This is true. Hard tacos are poo poo.

You're all either goddamned crazy people or you haven't had a good taco in your miserable lives.

I will only concede the fact that a taco comprised of a soft tortilla encased in a hard shell is superior to either one alone.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LaughMyselfTo posted:

The LEGO Movie ruled but 22 Jump Street was still way funnier.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

raditts posted:

You're all either goddamned crazy people or you haven't had a good taco in your miserable lives.

I will only concede the fact that a taco comprised of a soft tortilla encased in a hard shell is superior to either one alone.

What good tacos are ever served in hard shells? I've literally never seen hard shelled tacos in anything but Taco Bell or low-end Tex-Mex restaurants. Besides, hard-shelled tacos are really hard to eat :colbert:

But now you're making me want some delicious (soft) cactus tacos and a hibiscus margarita. drat, I'll have to do that tomorrow night.

I just looked through the dismal list of 2014 comedies and realized that indeed, 22 Jump Street was the funniest film of the year. What a terrible year for comedies.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Why anyone would eat a greasy ball of mush is beyond me. Hard shells 4 lyfe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hey goons, both can be good, so shut the gently caress up

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

hey goons, both can be good, so shut the gently caress up

:agreed: