Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

I won the draft.

I pumped XP into QB Moon after the preseason was over up to 80, and he's now 90 OVR as a rookie without taking a regular season snap.

92 THP and 95 SPD, superstar dev.

Its week 1. New thread coming later.
good god

and you wanted that new Cowboy QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans fall to the bulldogs 20-10. It's a good thing I play some comps because my qbs are a bit of a dumpster fire. Oops!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Moved that DE from RE to LE. He went up a point in OVR.

Jonny Football is on the trade block. I don't want to pay him next year.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 22, 2015

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

thompson posted:

Texans fall to the bulldogs 20-10. It's a good thing I play some comps because my qbs are a bit of a dumpster fire. Oops!

That was a good battle. My rookie dt was getting pushed around on those inside zones.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

loling hard my rookie QB is the best out of brady and my other QB

so nasty-niss when you up for a game? :D

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Fluo posted:

loling hard my rookie QB is the best out of brady and my other QB

so nasty-niss when you up for a game? :D

right now?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

davecrazy posted:

Moved that DE from RE to LE. He went up a point in OVR.

Jonny Football is on the trade block. I don't want to pay him next year.

drat, I wish I would have known this before the draft! I tried trading for both RG3 and Cam before the draft, but neither team would take my trade package, thats why I moved up to get that QB at #1.

Its amazing how fast QBs drop in rating this year. Despite being a top five quarterback last year, Romo dropped from a 90 overall to an 84, so I figured it was time to cut on him before I was strapped with his contract the next couple of years.

Steelers vs Cowboys in week 1! When are you free to play Rad?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I didn't really think about it till today after the draft.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Havoc904 posted:

drat, I wish I would have known this before the draft! I tried trading for both RG3 and Cam before the draft, but neither team would take my trade package, thats why I moved up to get that QB at #1.

Its amazing how fast QBs drop in rating this year. Despite being a top five quarterback last year, Romo dropped from a 90 overall to an 84, so I figured it was time to cut on him before I was strapped with his contract the next couple of years.

Steelers vs Cowboys in week 1! When are you free to play Rad?

I get home around 11 from work tonight besides that I work 5-11 tommorow night and then Tuesday and Wednesday off.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

I get home around 11 from work tonight besides that I work 5-11 tommorow night and then Tuesday and Wednesday off.

Are you Eastern time zone? I could shoot to be open around 11 tonight if you want to go then!

If not, we can play early tomorrow afternoon. Got an extra day off work due to the ice storm in Dallas tonight.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can go when I get home from work tonight. I'll message you. #1 and #2 pick going at it should be interesting. Also I am eastern time zone.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 23, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:signings: :homebrew: :retrogames: Shady signs a 7 year 99mm contract to stay with Philly.

he wanted 7/112.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Piper posted:

right now?

Good game piper!

The only thing that mindfucked me was that 1st play touchdown run where somehow your HB knocked about 4 players off and kept going haha

Score was 11 - 27 or something to you right

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
poo poo, I forgot to save that insane Ivory run. It was BeastQuake-esque

good game, Fluo

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Dubious posted:

:signings: :homebrew: :retrogames: Shady signs a 7 year 99mm contract to stay with Philly.

he wanted 7/112.

Hahaha God drat, Lacy stayed for 35 over 5.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

he wanted 7/112.

I can't wait to get home and see what Bell wants.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

In other news jordy has 86 speed now :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Purdue Boilermakers star QB Adrian Moon's NFL debut was one for the record books.

With his rare blend of pure arm strength and blazing fast open field running ability, he throws for four TDs while running in 3 more, making defenders on the Giants look like high schoolers.

Shady celebrates his new contract with an electrifying 250 yards rushing for two scores amd 5 receptions for 105 yards and a score.

Phillys defensive additions look good sacking Romo 5 times, but the secondary looks underwhelming, intercepting no passes and allowing over 70% completion rate.

My QB is going to be a nightmare.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Until he gets hurt :twisted:

Edit: to whomever I stole that 6'2" cb from in the draft, he's not that great. Apparently 79 earns a B these days. Thanks Obama.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Piper posted:

poo poo, I forgot to save that insane Ivory run. It was BeastQuake-esque

good game, Fluo

Haha it was god drat insane, who was your HB anyway?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The Steelers defense welcomes all challengers......actually I'm slightly terrified for our game.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 23, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
we an advance already if havoc and rad play tonight, and if paperback plays the cpu.

Jesus. I bet this season is a lightning round.

Yuzenn dont ragequit on us!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

we an advance already if havoc and rad play tonight, and if paperback plays the cpu.

Ugh, fine who do I play

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

Ugh, fine who do I play

You play skynet

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

You play skynet

I'll get it in tonight then

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

can we not advance yet? Didn't figure we would already. It'll be done pretty later tonight though.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
ill be on n a minute Havoc give me a couple minutes to set up my team.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 23, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Paperback Writer posted:

can we not advance yet? Didn't figure we would already. It'll be done pretty later tonight though.

im not going to until every game is in.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

im not going to until every game is in.

I can't play my game unless I'm taken off auto...the checkbox is already selected though so I might get a first week sim

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

I can't play my game unless I'm taken off auto...the checkbox is already selected though so I might get a first week sim

i cant get to the ps4 now, but you can take yourself off!

just go to settings and user teams, select yourself and it comes off.

just leave franchise, come back and you can play.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

ill be on n a minute Havoc give me a couple minutes to set up my team.

Man, that wasn't what I was expecting. I got lucky stopping Bell so many times, I was really thinking he would go for 150+ yards. Having him shut down put the game on your rookie qb, which threw some erratic passes that stopped whatever drives you had going.

The only difference in our games was that Murray carried my team, so my rookie qb didn't have to do much. Even then he threw 2 interceptions and got most of his yards on short yardage fakes outside of runs.

Good luck this season!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
probably the worst game I played just now. Couldn't get Bell going, felt like I had no blocking at all. Forced my rookie QB to sling the ball which is not my strong suit. Lots of drops early that frustrated the hell out of me. Then my defense decides to not stop Demarco Murray at all and Havoc had some of the most bullshit close catches that just made it worse. I need to stop playing late at night after work because I just lose focus and go all crazy with the play calling. GG Havoc. With 9 user games I might be in trouble.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I was messing around in the skills trainer because my passing has pissed me off so much and I think I may have discovered something I didn't notice I was doing. I realized that whenever I go to throw a pass for some reason I instinctively push the left stick straight forward. Not sure if this would cause me to throw so many picks but a lot of the ones I throw seem to be high.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

I was messing around in the skills trainer because my passing has pissed me off so much and I think I may have discovered something I didn't notice I was doing. I realized that whenever I go to throw a pass for some reason I instinctively push the left stick straight forward. Not sure if this would cause me to throw so many picks but a lot of the ones I throw seem to be high.

that makes you throw high and lead ahead and will definitely cause many ints

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

That definitely has an effect, you're pretty much aiming. My problem is when I intentionally want to loft it forward I press the button too hard and it's just a bullet straight into the other team.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I think it comes from playing NCAA for years but good to know. Now I just have to train my brain to not do it.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

I think it comes from playing NCAA for years but good to know. Now I just have to train my brain to not do it.

HA I do the same thing but I like the aiming piece. It does make me throw a lot of ints though. Oh that and the fact that I'm high so everything feels right at the time. It's like I'm Jay cutler.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

just got 13 sacks and 3 INTs against Wilson's Chiefs. It was a collective effort, but JPP and Mack were unstoppable. JPP's speed is so useful against screens I love it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: Week 2 :siren:

Browns/Steelers

Bulldogs/cpu
Jets/Seahawks (auto)
Texans/Jags (auto)
Pats/Brooklyn (auto)
Dallas/cpu
Raiders/cpu
Lions/cpu
Eagles/cpu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
After last night's game I'm feeling extremely nonconfident.

• Locked thread