Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

That RE you got is a monster edge rushing 4-3 guy. 84 speed 84 finesse move. 84 persuit.

The computer drafted you two 80 OVR rookies and that 77 OVR TE is no slouch either.

You might want to cut Rich Rodgers for a run blocking TE. You have two good rookie pass catchers and a 3rd who can't run block and is a mediocre receiver.

E: looking through again Jets and Cowboys probably had the worst drafts.

Well the Jets did get an 85 ovr corner for their 1st rounder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

I traded my first rounder, 32nd overall, to Thompson for a 85 OVR corner, Sean Smith. Aside from that, yeah my draft kinda sucked.

That corner is amazing Piper. I mean that trade really worked out for both of us I think. The dude is an amazing punt/kick returner with 97 speed and good coverage skills.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

We wondered why you were taking so long to draft after the 4th round.

Also in my preseason game Big Ben looked like poo poo. Like throwing 10 yards over open Recievers levels of bad. He regressed a bit but I didn't think it would be that bad. Everyone knows Bell is getting the ball so my offense might be really bad this season.

Tough bar to live up to considering Dan Snyder is RL Dan Snyder in this league.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Christ. I cut my kicker to try to sign one. Now the game won't let me because I have $0. I'm hosed.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Pretty sure I just lost Foles for the season with a torn shoulder labrum. You're drat right I'm finishing the game.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Who's your backup?

Caleb Haine. We're going to the ship.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
That was a tight one. Texans beat the Chargers 10-7.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

I'd like to get in on this. It's not to late is it? Just saw a post in the PS4 thread about the online season.

I guess since my team the Panthers are already nabbed, I'll hate myself and grab up the Washington "Professional" Football Team. Maybe I can put Dan Snyder on the field and break his neck.

PSN is shoafer0
alt contact: PM

Well he did just trade his whole draft for a middling safety! :)

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Week 2!

I'll post matchups later I'm on my phone right now.

It didn't advance quite yet. We still pending?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

The Madden phone app is wonky as poo poo.

I'll hop on my vita and remote play and do it that way. Sorry.

No worries man. Thanks.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
So are we kicking by the jags out?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

Shady ran for 233 yards and 2 scores, Mathews hauled in 7 for 110 and a score, and :vick: ran in 2 for a shellacking of the cards, 48-10.

Shady is by far the better runner compares to AP last season, and the eagles line owns.

What to do with jax?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hey jaxsonvulle when we playin dude?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Looks like Houston-Jax is the only one we're waiting on?

I couldn't get a hold of Jax

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Can I get a decision on Jacksonville by like noon today? I need to get this game done before I dip out for a few days at 2:00.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Can you guys get together to figure something out or what?

Dude just Sim it if you're anxious. Or AP me. I'll be home tomorrow and will try to get this in if he's available.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hey Jacksonville you wanna play after the lions game?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

leonlai86 posted:

won't be available til late tonight (like midnight) if that doesn't work, just AP me

I can't make that it's too late with work. Just Sim us. That seems most fair.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Tom Savage throws 3 TD's against the Marshalls? and Q Jammer returns a TD for a TD. Texans win 38-9.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans win 38-7. Had to restart after a really late 85 yd touchdown by andre put me up 31-24. I was uploading the play to youtube. Guess you can't do that while in game as it'll disconnect you. Food for thought. Oh well, 2 sacks for my 67 ovr rookie 328 lb piggy up the middle.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans move to 5-1 and have a big showdown against the Jets next week. Weeee

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hey pipe, let's start planning this for tomorrow evening yeah? I don't think i'll have it in me tonight. I'm in bad need of a deep 2k session.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

OK Thompson, tonight you get your shot at the champs. What time works for you?

So I should be home right around 6 pst. Anytime after that I'm good...you just have to give me a few minutes to toke up once I get home!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Dude. I'm going to light this blunt and meet you online. You on?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

Yep. You got a mic?

Oh yeah.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
2 seconds just getting ripped.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Broadcasting this to https://www.twitch.tv/brb_alcohol1

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans score with 51 seconds left to take the lead 21-20 but give up a field goal with :01 left on the clock and fall to the Jets 23-21. Really close and well contested game. Lots of turnovers. Lots of big plays and big runs to boot. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the game nasty. :350: :420:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

FG, I'm gonna be snowed from tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday so I'll have plenty of availability.

Good luck with that thing. Looks daunting. It's 75 here.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
RIP Nick Foles. Broken collar bone has led to a decision by ownership. He will be deactivated and placed on IR in hopes of making him more affordable.

Long live the age of Savage.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I have had like 2 home games and am flat broke still. At least when the second half hits i'll have a lot of wins so hopefully my revenue will go up. I need to make an emergency QB signing here soon though as i'm only running with 2. I just can't afford it yet. Sucks.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Who is thenarlypuppy and can you play right now cuz I be lit.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Josh Johnson, my school's only NFL alumnus and an acquaintance of mine in college, is now the starting QB for you Houston Texans. Put some hot sizzzauccceee on that.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

human being Guy posted:

sounds good, I'm off work from 430 eastern onwards all week so anytime after that. How bout tonight around 6 ish?

Oy mate. Come play.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
And some of us just like to get baked and play and for some weird sadistic reason love watching fake rookies grow.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Btw I kinda love that my high rear end hole defenders took out the elite geno smith. :350:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

human being Guy posted:

I can go tonight after 5 eastern Thompson

Ok. I won't be home until about 9 your time. Will that still work?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

thompson posted:

Ok. I won't be home until about 9 your time. Will that still work?

FG i'm assuming you'll be getting home pretty soon. Let me know if 9:00 your time still works.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hoppin on in 2. Just :2bong:in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Ey human being Guy I'm just idling so let me know if you're coming. Gunna go do some dishes until then. The lady friend was a little messy today. She's studying for the bar so we'll give her a pass on this one.

• Locked thread