Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When looking for gaming advice no longer do you have to rely on lovely guides that ask you to "check out playonline.com" every 5 seconds to see if you can find Steiner's magic codpiece or whatever. We have several gaming forums to choose from such as the steam forums, various subreddits, gamefaqs, even this site itself! There are also probably weird ones for poo poo like stormfront gaming or whatever.

To keep it in the spirit of gaming I'd like to make this like a game we can all play. Remember pokemon snap? Where you took pictures of funny looking beasts doing funny things? This is like that but the funny looking beasts are gamers and the funny things they're doing are posts on stuff like the official steam forums.

Screencaps are good; any dumbass can copy and paste poo poo. Also keep any personal information out of it. That poo poo's creepy and weird and no one cares if some degenerate likes a page on facebook or whatever. If you do post something give us some context; just a picture of a steam forums thread calling someone a "dirty mulatto who did 9/11 and hosed his mom" doesn't tell us anything. If you have any witty commentary about whatever's posted cool.

Don't post anything retarded that will get you banned or probated. There's an autoban option for that if you just really have to do that.

E:Added variety to slurs used

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I guess I can be professor Oak or whatever and I can rate your pics and be confused about your gender or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This came from a private board I go to. Its about that hotbutton game Hatred. It complains about SJWs, North Koreans, and liberals all in one concise post

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

This came from a private board I go to. Its about that hotbutton game Hatred. It complains about skeletons, North Koreans, and liberals all in one concise post

We could just screencap that as a bad meta joke then keep going until we have a hall of mirrors effect.

Let's kick this off then with a relatively harmless one from the Steam forums:

Context? This was a thread OP. Yeah.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

To be fair, that whole thread is probably ripe for this sort of thing.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rrussom posted:

I can't determine that poster's gender since as a pokemon professor I am unable to do so without input from the player but I giggled at that post so therefore this definitely counts towards the completion of your Forums Safari Game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

CrashCat posted:

Context? This was a thread OP. Yeah.

For what game? Or does Steam have like, general discussion boards somewhere.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Geight posted:

For what game? Or does Steam have like, general discussion boards somewhere.
Yeah, there's an off topic forum, in both the old forum and the new hub's separate forums. I don't know why they both operate concurrently.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rrussom posted:

i am going to take a wild guess that thats from a mmo thread

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The truth is somewhere down the middle as they are loathe to say in Debate and Discussion.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I like safaris. And insane people.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

i am going to take a wild guess that thats from a mmo thread

Nope! The SA Starbound thread. If you want to contribute to this thread and don't know where to look, that whole thread will work just fine.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

I like safaris. And insane people.

BJ Blazkowiz didnt even have to pee for a long time like Austin powers did after coming out of stasis so I dont know who to believe anymore :tinfoil:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

What kind of game is this that they're so staunchly defending?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:smith:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

What kind of game is this that they're so staunchly defending?

Those are some big anime titties.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FYI I like big anime titties as a concept it's the application that gets weird sometimes.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eye of Widesauron posted:

FYI I like big anime titties as a concept it's the application that gets weird sometimes.
Maybe PAYDAY 2 would be more to your liking?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

Maybe PAYDAY 2 would be more to your liking?

I have over 100 hours in Payday 2 and often enjoy using the saw on bulldozers. I have not played with that new expansion pack though but if she steps on my boy Hoxton's balls we're gonna have some problems.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:downsrim:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So simple it needed a spreadsheet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Maybe Trashbot will be friends with you. :unsmith:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CrashCat posted:

Maybe Trashbot will be friends with you. :unsmith:

The much desired Pixel Piracy 25% off Coupon

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CrashCat posted:

So simple it needed a spreadsheet.

i admire the effort

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

the more lady like you hero? would lady be choose as your lover hero?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

the more lady like you hero? would lady be choose as your lover hero?

Friend or lover, important choose for hero.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well poo poo, you can't just post that without the name of the game.

trap sprung

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3673632

:tinfoil:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

CrashCat posted:

Well poo poo, you can't just post that without the name of the game.

trap sprung

Oh, it's Crusader Kings II. I just wanted to know how to get my video settings to save correctly.

Edit:

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 18, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sounds like a good game I must have it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Oh, it's Crusader Kings II
that is possibly the only game you could have named that would give some sort of acceptable context to that pic

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Why wouldn't you have this in every game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chix laugh @ me ;_;

oops forgot to remove names

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 18, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

A mark of quality.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why bother censoring names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Davincie posted:

why bother censoring names
To cut stalking off before it starts? It's not really "personal information" but I'd rather leave it out anyway.

... ok it's mostly so I can abuse glitter text :(

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 18, 2014

• Locked thread