Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1773 »
ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Buff Hardback posted:

Apparently the TMO version was held until today, so if you're on TMO or Fi that would explain the delay.

Fi didn't have a delay.

I've been on Fi for about 2 years now and I got the June update the day it released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Fi didn't necessarily delay it but Google does stagger updates across the population to catch bugs before they hit everyone; I'm on Fi with my 3a and didn't get the update until I explicitly checked for it just now. I think the policy of giving it to you when you check for it is even a relatively new thing, used to be you'd get it when they decided you got it.

Buff Hardback
Jun 11, 2019

hooah posted:

Hmm. I'm on Mint Mobile, which uses T-Mobile towers, so... Maybe?

Yeah, a Mint SIM would do it.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Rexxed posted:

The batteries are probably sourced from the same places but when I have to replace one on a good phone I get the ifixit kit for it since their guides are good and the kit includes some decent tools:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsun...lacement/105877
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Androi...y/IF329-033?o=4

Hey just wanted to say thanks for this, I ordered the whole kit. battery + decent tools/replacement adhesive setup for a decent price .

LastInLine
Mar 15, 2006

Why stay in the Cape when you can be in the WAVE?

Fun Shoe

Buff Hardback posted:

Apparently the TMO version was held until today, so if you're on TMO or Fi that would explain the delay.

I got my update on Monday and I'm on T-Mobile.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MREBoy posted:

Hey just wanted to say thanks for this, I ordered the whole kit. battery + decent tools/replacement adhesive setup for a decent price .

No problem. I've gotten their kits for my dad's old Nexus 5X and my Pixel and they've been good. The tweezers in particular were a notch above the cheap ones I buy for electronics stuff. I just get cheap ebay batteries for my phone farm and I suspect a lot of them are pulls from old phones that aren't bloated yet, so I try to avoid that if I'm going to carry the phone around and use it. Their site is also good for laptop and monitor repair guides if someone's made one for a particular model.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Recently the swipe up for home gesture has stopped working occasionally on my Oneplus 7 Pro, meaning I'll have to do it a few time till the phone registers it, anyone else have this as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I've actually encountered this a bit recently on the Galaxy S20 Ultra as well which is odd.

«1773 »