Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Shai-Hulud posted:

Piping in to say that my Pixel 5 is flawless. No gap, no flickering sensor, no charging problems. Everything is fine. Thank you for your attention.

Good! Hopefully mine is the same.

Can you keep an eye on the gap issue? Some have said they had no issues at first and it just kind of appeared. That's only a few though so I'm trying to se if it's something that just appears out of box or just appears randomly too. So far, those who have it say it was that way out of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Good! Hopefully mine is the same.

Can you keep an eye on the gap issue? Some have said they had no issues at first and it just kind of appeared. That's only a few though so I'm trying to se if it's something that just appears out of box or just appears randomly too. So far, those who have it say it was that way out of the box.

I honestly wouldn't stress as much as you are about it. It doesn't make any sense to. If Google says it's okay, that means it doesn't affect the IP rating. If it concerns you that much, get a case. Or deal with it as it comes, you don't even have a phone yet.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

bull3964 posted:

A portable touch monitor I have no problem seeing the use case for when as part of a larger ecosystem and workflow.

It's dex, specifically, that i see as a gimmick. I've used it on two different Samsung tablets with keyboard cases and I end up switching back to normal android interface. There's a whole lot of effort to recreate a desktop experience when it's kinda pointless. Yeah, you can force resize of apps in Dex Labs, but 9 times out of 10 they say they need to restart to resize. One example is Awful. You resize that, it has to restart. On chromeOS, I can freely resize Awful as much as I want and it's fine.

The UI elements used to create the windows are ugly too, and take up too much space. Maximize a browser window on chromeOS and the (min, max, close) buttons are integrated into the tab bar. But since this is an added wrapper on android with dex, you get a whole border with header bar around chrome, even maximized, which takes up real estate. They are also monochrome on dex where the window header on ChromeOS matches the notification area color if it was running on android, making it look much more like a native app running on the device in a window. The apps also always have a border around them in dex whereas in ChromeOS, the border disappears unless you have moused over it to resize. In ChomeOS, you can full screen chrome or an android app with a single button press if you want to maximize the screen real estate to see what you are doing, in Dex you can't even make the taskbar at the bottom hide.

And the biggest sin of all is that dex doesn't have double tap and hold to drag stuff around, forcing you to depress the trackpad and move your finger which is just horrifically horribly toss the device across the room frustrating.

I can see in a pinch where having a larger screen to use an app on may be useful, but as part as a normal everyday workflow, it's woefully in need of polish before I would every shake the feeling that this isn't some janky 3rd party window manager developed by interns.

If I'm going to be doing work stuff without my work notebook beyond firing off an email or two, I'm going to be RDPing into a VDI and using a cheapass chromebook for that isn't any more to carry around and is a lot more functional for other stuff by virtue of having full desktop chrome available.

These are all reasonable criticisms and I can't disagree with them. I just want something to plug my phone into so I can write long emails, do spreadsheets or write a few resumes without having to buy an entirely new device. I'm a dirty poor and I'm increasingly averse to e-waste. :shobon:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any plans for Nest Wifi to have a speaker in the router itself instead of just the point? My house isn't big enough to justify even one point, and I'd love to replace the Home Mini in my room with a combo AP/speaker

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I honestly wouldn't stress as much as you are about it. It doesn't make any sense to. If Google says it's okay, that means it doesn't affect the IP rating. If it concerns you that much, get a case. Or deal with it as it comes, you don't even have a phone yet.

I think it's less a stress thing now and it's slowly turning into the usual "I must find more about this thing I have bought and know all the ins and outs possible so there's no surprises" thing I usually do. :v: but I have gotten burnt out on the constant reviews at least.

Some Best Buys in the US have the Pixel 5 out for display, by the way! Maybe out in some Canada places too (not sure if there are BBY there)?

I don't exactly know how the Amazon tracking thing is but if I'm right, the phone will ship probably Tuesday (deliver on Thursday) or Wednesday and the fabric case will ship probably Monday (deliver on Wednesday).

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Just downloaded the new oxygen is 11 update released for my OP 8, and all my fonts and icons are gigantic and there does not appear to be any way to scale things to be 'normal' sized. I can't tell if this is actually as intended (which would be insane since you can now only see maybe half the content on the screen that you used to) or if there's a hidden/bugged setting somewhere that I just can't find. Can anyone else with a OP phone and the 11 update confirm if everything has been super sized? I can't imagine there would be this big of an oversight if not intended, but they also got their resolution sizes for hd and qhd backwards and never did fix that either.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 25, 2020

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Well after an adventure in replacing the battery, and unfortunately the screen also, on my Pixel 2XL, the phone is back together and I have to admit, feels much closer to how it felt new than it did over the past few months with the old battery.

The old battery was running about 50% capacity per AccuBattery app, but the added heat it generated during use seemed to slow the phone down a noticable bit similar probably to how people said the iPhones got slower as their battery aged.

Ordered a Battery and almost got the screen off successfully but the iFixit guide made me nervous when cutting into the glue along the bottom (due to the wraped around screen) and I didn't go in far enough so I cut the glue at the bottom of the speaker grill, but not the top, and the torque cause the glass to break and throw some neat webs around from that spot. Fortunately a new screen off eBay was $120~ and my old one was starting to show some burn in of the icons at the top.

Got the new screen and battery and ready to put it all together and the drat glue in the iFixit battery kit was stuck to the drat bag it came in, great. So that piece was practically useless and had to wait another day for another order of adhesive from Amazon.

Finally, everything tested and put back together and the phone feels just about as good as new. Adhesive went on well and the screen sits flush, touch response actually almost feels better than the old screen, and this new screen doesn't have nearly as much blue shift tilting to the sides as my old one did when it was new, and everything else about the screen does seem to look a little better than the old one.

The performance of the phone is probably the most surprising part. The 2XL is a bit on the older side now, and I have yet to go Android 11 because nothing about it really makes me want to do the jump just yet. (Might go Lineage instead to keep updates coming post Google shutoff) but I didn't expect the new battery to make the phone feel as snappy as it has. Battery life is back to being fantastic, and side by side with a Pixel 4a my Pixel looks and feels faster in the actions and swiping which isn't a conclusive test, but interesting nevertheless.

I was pretty dang sold on getting an LG Wing to replace the old 2XL but now unless I can snag it on a really good sale or something, I think I can solidly hold out now for at least another year or so until the 875 makes it's appearance.

TLDR: Replacing battery on a Glued together phone sucks, but worth it if you want to give it some new life.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Beyond hardware encode/decode support for various standards, SoCs are largely unimportant in a phone now, both in terms of chasing the best but specifically about user experience. Breaking the trend is the most laudable thing the Pixel 5 has done.
People will continue to crow about the fastest SoC (and this is particularly true from the iPhone side) but almost nothing you do on your phone is CPU limited.
In fact, if someone ITT wants to make their phone feel faster, I would recommend hitting the developer options and turning the animation duration way down. Almost the entire loading time of any commonly used app is it just waiting whilst the window animation plays.

There's never been a better time to learn how to change your own battery, and keep a full as-new experience for the 3/4 years of support. My hope is the 3/4 years becomes 4/5 years, because replacing a phone to get a new battery is (in my estimation) the #1 driver.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Khablam posted:

Beyond hardware encode/decode support for various standards, SoCs are largely unimportant in a phone now, both in terms of chasing the best but specifically about user experience. Breaking the trend is the most laudable thing the Pixel 5 has done.
People will continue to crow about the fastest SoC (and this is particularly true from the iPhone side) but almost nothing you do on your phone is CPU limited.
In fact, if someone ITT wants to make their phone feel faster, I would recommend hitting the developer options and turning the animation duration way down. Almost the entire loading time of any commonly used app is it just waiting whilst the window animation plays.

There's never been a better time to learn how to change your own battery, and keep a full as-new experience for the 3/4 years of support. My hope is the 3/4 years becomes 4/5 years, because replacing a phone to get a new battery is (in my estimation) the #1 driver.

Agreed. Most of the SoC stuff isn't pushing a whole lot of new abilities since the 835, and whole some of the storage improvements would be nice but then all the latest phones with the hole punch design just turns me off way more than having a bit of a forehead/chin on the phone, or a pop up or flip over camera. That and camera tech in pixels hasn't really been immensely improved if anything it devolved a little I the latest pixels since you no longer have that dedicated image processor and most of the features of the pixel camera, has been backported to work on older pixels just fine.

The one reason I'm interested in the 875 though is it will be the next flagship chip that has an integrated 5G modem like the current 765G but unlike the 865 with it's separate 5G modem requirement. 5G is still super new and early, but getting a fully integrated SoC is IMO a little better for performance/battery reasons as the 765G has shown.

The main reason I am a fan of going for a good flagship in various tech areas too, is usually it can buy you a better chunk of lasting time before the hardware either gives out, or more like today, last longer to keep the device from feeling slow/old like previous phone and older PC hardware did in the past. Now you can run a Win10/Linux PC on 10+ year old CPU's with a good amount of ram and SSD just fine, phones are finally getting a bit closer to that if only the batteries could hold out.

Also forgot to mention but in the replacement process, I was able to clean and reglue around my speakers on my 2XL which seemed to fix the rattle issue it had shortly after it was new. :toot:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

EdEddnEddy posted:

The main reason I am a fan of going for a good flagship in various tech areas too, is usually it can buy you a better chunk of lasting time before the hardware either gives out, or more like today, last longer to keep the device from feeling slow/old like previous phone and older PC hardware did in the past. Now you can run a Win10/Linux PC on 10+ year old CPU's with a good amount of ram and SSD just fine, phones are finally getting a bit closer to that if only the batteries could hold out.

One thing I hear a lot on the Vergecast is that the fast processors in iPhones aren't important now but in 4-6 years when the phone still feels okay to use.

I like that idea, but :lol: at Android phones getting software support long enough for that to matter.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

iPhones can still get dated for other reasons and it's pretty obvious this year that they had to cut stuff from the Pros that would have differentiated them from the lower models.

Anyone that buys a Pro or Pro Max is probably going to be kicking themselves next year.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Uthor posted:

One thing I hear a lot on the Vergecast is that the fast processors in iPhones aren't important now but in 4-6 years when the phone still feels okay to use..

But you're gonna need a new battery by then.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Uthor posted:

One thing I hear a lot on the Vergecast is that the fast processors in iPhones aren't important now but in 4-6 years when the phone still feels okay to use.

I cannot possibly imagine that more than a vanishingly small fraction of people keep phones of any sort for 5-6 years. In 2014 we were using an iPhone 6 / Nexus 6.

By the time you get that old, it ends up being cheaper to just buy a somewhat newer phone than to pay to have the battery replaced, screen replaced, etc.

I mean, I'm totally down with people who like saving a ton of money buy riding the 2 year old phone thing, but even Apple sabotages their phones after they get too old.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I'm trying to help an older, not-tech savvy, friend transfer their data from an old android to a new android.
  • Keep all their texts and photos, on their phone
  • Keep all relevant contact info and addresses

What is the process for data transfers to new phones? Can verizon staff transfer the data in-store like they do for iphones?

Seems like they would need an app? There's a few on the google play store.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=backuptrans%20android%20sms%20%2B%20mms%20transfer
  • Any recommendations on which application has the easiest user experience?

I haven't had an android in forever.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bull3964 posted:

iPhones can still get dated for other reasons and it's pretty obvious this year that they had to cut stuff from the Pros that would have differentiated them from the lower models.

Anyone that buys a Pro or Pro Max is probably going to be kicking themselves next year.

UrAvgConsumer's video was not great to the iPhone 12 Pro Max battery. He dropped to 82% at 10:27 am just doing some stuff in the morning for an hour before shooting the video and had 5hr 52min screen-on time with 4% left at 7:15 pm.

Comparing to the Pixel 5, that'd be maybe around 15-20% left around that time according to most reviews.

Granted the iPhone actually has some decent battery loss due to 5G from what's been reported.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

DrDork posted:

I cannot possibly imagine that more than a vanishingly small fraction of people keep phones of any sort for 5-6 years. In 2014 we were using an iPhone 6 / Nexus 6

The 2016 iPhone 6s and SE models got an iOS update this year. I'm sure there's plenty of people still using those or Apple wouldn't bother.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Was bored, looking for something to replace a iPhone X with - had been looking at the new 12 Pro, but couldn't justify the price.

Ended up ordering a Sony Xperia 5 II (stupid name, but a nice phone).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I'm trying to help an older, not-tech savvy, friend transfer their data from an old android to a new android.
  • Keep all their texts and photos, on their phone
  • Keep all relevant contact info and addresses

What is the process for data transfers to new phones? Can verizon staff transfer the data in-store like they do for iphones?

Seems like they would need an app? There's a few on the google play store.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=backuptrans%20android%20sms%20%2B%20mms%20transfer
  • Any recommendations on which application has the easiest user experience?

I haven't had an android in forever.

Hmmm... looks like it's pretty easy

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208350/

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Uthor posted:

The 2016 iPhone 6s and SE models got an iOS update this year. I'm sure there's plenty of people still using those or Apple wouldn't bother.

Apple technically promises updates for 7 years, so they've tied themselves into supporting them whether there's a market demand for it or not.

I also have to imagine that it's comparatively trivial for them to keep pushing out iOS updates for iPhones given that they own the entire stack and the configuration spread is limited to generally a single SoC and then some minor additional options per generation, vs Android with its billion+ different hardware configs that get poo poo out every year.

I mean, I'm sure there are some people still using them. But I'm equally sure that those people are still using them because they either can't afford to upgrade or simply don't care. Neither category of people are the ones you're likely to sell a $1000+ phone to on the argument that it'll be fast enough to last 6 years.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

My wife was using an iPhone 6 up until June and getting her to upgrade took a bit of creative work but now on an iPhone 8, she no longer complains about Facebook crashing or the Battery burning out so fast/phone being slow.

I was tired of hearing how slow it was and how it crashed in Facebook all the time, so it all worked out.

Apple does support their hardware for a heck of a long time and Android has gotten a lot better compared to only a few years ago. The hardware last longer now and if an OEM either gives a crap, or Lineage OS supports it, the support has been great for a lot of devices and the more that can be moved to something that can be updated over Google App Store, the better that may become over time.

Hell even my ancient LG G3 (And even the G2 it looks) is supported with Lineage and even being as ancient as it is, still seems to run pretty well.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I really don't believe that last part - I had a G3 when it was brand new and it never ran well on anything past the version of Android it shipped with (which was 4.something)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

ThermoPhysical posted:

UrAvgConsumer's video was not great to the iPhone 12 Pro Max battery. He dropped to 82% at 10:27 am just doing some stuff in the morning for an hour before shooting the video and had 5hr 52min screen-on time with 4% left at 7:15 pm.

Max or just Pro? 12 and 12 Pro are the only ones that reviewers have gotten so far from what I've seen. Mini and Max are releasing later and the review units haven't been sent out.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Max or just Pro? 12 and 12 Pro are the only ones that reviewers have gotten so far from what I've seen. Mini and Max are releasing later and the review units haven't been sent out.

12 Pro, sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofx_n4i4-cQ

He'll be doing a comparison between the 5 and 12 Pro's cameras in his next video. I honestly didn't think he had the P5 yet since he hasn't done his Real Day in the Life Review of it yet.

EDIT: Anker is gonna make bank with this iPhone too since they sponsored this video and I'm guessing most iPhone users probably don't have an actual USB-C cable. Though I guess you can use Lightning in the port? The fact the phone NEEDED to be charged up so early in the day makes Anker look even better.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Huh? The iPhone port hasn't changed at all. It's still Lightning.

It's just that they now include a lightning to c cable and most people upgrading to the 12 don't have a usb-c power source, so they are going to need a C charger.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Huh? The iPhone port hasn't changed at all. It's still Lightning.

It's just that they now include a lightning to c cable and most people upgrading to the 12 don't have a usb-c power source, so they are going to need a C charger.

Oh. I thought it was C finally. Then yah....Anker's definitely going to make money from this.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
My work phone is due for an upgrade tomorrow and I have a choice between the Pixel 5, 12 Pro and S20 Plus. I currently have the Pixel 3 XL and was thinking about going for the iPhone Pro to try something new but the lack of USB C is kind of a pain, and originally hoped for 120hz too.

I'm generally a big fan of Google services so was hesitant to consider the S20- figured I'd need to disable a bunch of stuff like I did back when I had a S7. I also really like Pixel Call Screening and Now Playing. Should i give the S20 another look? My gut is leaning to just get the new Pixel but wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

My fabric case for the Pixel 5 got cancelled from Amazon because it was out of stock. :( It was JUST about to ship too as they already charged me (then refunded me like half an hour later).

Ah well, the credit I used on that went towards Spider-Man: Miles Morales for PS4 instead.

UncleGuito posted:

My work phone is due for an upgrade tomorrow and I have a choice between the Pixel 5, 12 Pro and S20 Plus. I currently have the Pixel 3 XL and was thinking about going for the iPhone Pro to try something new but the lack of USB C is kind of a pain, and originally hoped for 120hz too.

I'm generally a big fan of Google services so was hesitant to consider the S20- figured I'd need to disable a bunch of stuff like I did back when I had a S7. I also really like Pixel Call Screening and Now Playing. Should i give the S20 another look? My gut is leaning to just get the new Pixel but wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations.

If you can get to a Best Buy, they're starting to have the Pixel 5 up for demo.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

UncleGuito posted:

My first thought was to go with the iPhone for the guaranteed long-term software updates, but your work may not be like my work. (I was using an iPhone 6s until this summer when work got me the new SE.)

I am personally getting a Pixel 5 for myself. Like the above poster says, see if you can play around with one in a Best Buy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I have a Pixel 3XL as well and I'm looking at all three just like you. I'm pretty heavily invested in the Google ecosystem so even though the Apple phone has a lot of nice hardware in it, especially the cameras, it makes it hard to switch over and have to start fresh with all new apps that I have to purchase and trying to use the inferior Apple home kit and Apple assistant.

That leaves me with the Samsung and Google phones, and from my experience with my Samsung Galaxy wear 2 I'm not super happy with the bloat that they include on their devices and how they try to lock you into their hardware or software solutions.

I'm probably going to end up going with the Pixel 5 this Black Friday if there's some sales going on for it.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

So I had a Pixel 2 for a while and and it just broke. Since everyone's trading in for 5's what'd be a good best "everyone just dumped this solid Pixel 2 upgrade for the new flagship" phone?

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

So I had a Pixel 2 for a while and and it just broke. Since everyone's trading in for 5's what'd be a good best "everyone just dumped this solid Pixel 2 upgrade for the new flagship" phone?

Are you asking for used phone recommendations? Because if so, you can get P3's super cheap (<$150 all day) that would be an ok upgrade, or a P4 for not much more that would be an even nicer upgrade (albeit, they always had kinda poor battery life, and being used ain't gonna help that) if you wanted to stay true to the Pixel line.

Otherwise there's the S10+ or OnePlus 7T that should be pretty cheap now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's much easier to hide Samsung poo poo these days. They seem to realise most people hate it.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Yeah, I'm not sure what samsung bloat everyone thinks they install on phones. This isn't 2011.

Old grudges die hard in the mobile world, silly.

Wild we're like 3-4 months out from 5nm phones, didn't see that coming this fast

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

New Ipad air apparently has an USB-C port. No more proprietary connections. Maybe Iphone 13 next?!

I already hate anything with micro-usb. I have a couple of micro-usb adapters with the legacy devices so I can charge them with usb-c anyways.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Seems like almost nothing but the OEM charger works with my S20, but I ordered a bunch of fast charge capable cables on amazon and the one I tried works in my car now at least. The bunch of ones I bought like 3 years ago when I got the P2 just dont work with the S20.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ihmemies posted:

New Ipad air apparently has an USB-C port. No more proprietary connections. Maybe Iphone 13 next?!

I already hate anything with micro-usb. I have a couple of micro-usb adapters with the legacy devices so I can charge them with usb-c anyways.

iPad pro has had usb-c for years, don't get your hopes up.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Ihmemies posted:

Nah, my bet is that they're going to switch to their proprietary wireless charging format next and completely do away with the last port on the iPhone.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a.

Is there a way to customize vibration patterns on notifications? What about the size of icons on the home screen? Can you flip the position of the back and multitask buttons?

These are some things I could do on an S10+ on Android 10 that I can't seem to find on this phone. Is that stuff just OneUI features?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Samsung still has system level integration with Hiya and MacAfee. Yes, they are tucked away and you can effectively ignore it most of the time (outside of the first two weeks or so of the device asking every other day to enable anti-malware protection) if you stay out of the security section of the device care setting or don't click on the "Places" tab in the dialer. Hiya is a company that sells your call profile to advertisers and Samsung recently (this past week) extended their partnership to include call screening for "SPAM Protection" as well. Of course, to use Hiya you have to give the app access to like everything related to your calling and they are very clear that they are selling your calling habits to advertisers.

So, that's my main beef with Samsung still. They have partnerships with 3rd party services integrated at the system level that you can't fully disable and get rid of and those services are either shilling paid subscriptions or harvesting behavior data to sell off. Yes, you can navigate around them but neither of these things should be acceptable on a $2000, a $1400, a $1000, a $900, a $800, a $700, a $600, a $500, a $400 handset and it's insane to me that Samsung still gets a pass on it because things "aren't as bad as they used to be." Every.Single.Review. of a Samsung device should end with "but we can't recommend this because Samsung is selling access to you through 3rd parties."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wait til bull learns his operating system is made by an ad company that monetizes his call profile.