Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It's MY device I should be able to do whatever I want with it!!!!

Oh what's that, I don't own the software too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
So after using my N6 for a while I'm totally loving the size. My N5 feels absolutely tiny now. And it's not even remotely difficult to hold the N6.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TraderStav posted:

Just dropped my Z3C, but the tempered glass protector took all of the damage. Best $10 I've spent, time to order a new one! It did it's job admirably!

Glass screen protectors are the poo poo. I see no reason to not use one.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nah, this one:

Try putting the bottom of your phone more over the center of the pad. That's how I get my non-Vu charger to work

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

Ah hah, I can get it to work without a case like that, it seems like a very very very tiny sensitive spot where it works. I can't get it to work with the Diztronic case unfortunately like I could on the Nexus 5, this would be lovely and basically useless if I have to take the case off to charge.

Hm, I have one of those Nokia pads that went for like $5 last summer, and my N6 charges through my diztronic case.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

r0ck0 posted:

I use the DT-900 with my N5 and it works great. I got it when ATT had a special deal for accessories online, it was basically buy 3 for the price of one. They work great but not sure I would pay that for one. No idea how it works with the N6.

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-DT-900-Wireless-Charging-Plate/dp/B00A3NCC5K

This is what I have, and that I can confirm charges through a Diztronic TPU case on a N6. But really, don't spend that much on a flat qi charger. Once you use a Vu or similarly tilted charger it's hard to go back, I just use the Nokia pad by my desk where it would normally just be sitting there anyway.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Reverse Centaur posted:

My Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the N6 got all stretched out and useless after taking it off once. Same thing happened with my Note 3 version. Why can't anyone make a decent actually-protective case besides Otterbox?

I ordered a Diztronic due to goon recommendation but it doesn't seem like enough. I have nerve damage and constantly drop my poo poo.

I dropped my N5 with a diztronic TPU case and glass screen protector on it a lot. A lot a lot. I cracked the glass screen protector preeetty early in my ownership of it. Took it off for a battery issue RMA, screen was perfect. There were minor scratches on the corners of the phone from dust and poo poo getting under the case and rubbing it, but I rarely took it off, and worked in dirty environments, so that might not be the same for you.

I've found a TPU case + glass screen protector to be a really, really good balance of protection while adding very little bulk.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I have hands that are probably average to below average in size and after a week of using the N6 I was completely used to it, use it one handed frequently, and am very happy I decided to go with my enormous whalephone

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

It charges through a case okay? Was thinking of picking one up, as my Nexus 5 Qi charger is useless now as it doesn't charge through a case on the Nexus 6.

I have the same phone and case as you. My phone charges fine on both of my Tylt Vu's

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

hooah posted:

What was that new Moto Skip-like thing they came out with a couple months back? I can't remember the name of it, and can't find it on their site.

http://www.motorola.com/us/accessory-family-page-1/Motorola-Keylink/keylink.html

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

My first Android phone, the EVO 4G, had wireless charging via a replacement backplate and USB bridge. It caused a small lump on the bottom, but not a big deal. Most cases even fit - and worked - with it. The charge rate was nothing special, but it worked and it was so loving awesome I couldn't believe wireless charging fell off the face of the planet (with intermittent mentions) until recently.

It's extremely strange to me that wireless charging isn't commonplace by now. This poo poo is life changing.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

5436 posted:

Wait till you get to quick charging, its next level poo poo. My Note 4 charges so fast I don't even really need to wireless charge.

Oh I've got that too, but there is nothing that can replace the beauty of being able to take my phone on and of the wireless dock when I'm half awake in bed and not worry about the cord.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

butt dickus posted:

One of my coworkers has the 6 and after fiddling with it I'm very happy that I didn't buy one. It's a massive dump of a phone that provides no additional utility over the 5 and the colossal size is an impediment to normal use.

On the other hand, the exact opposite of this

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Stoat posted:

Haha! The default setting on Lollipop is to be reminded of all your all-day calendar events at 8am via vibration, even in airplane mode! This woke me up this morning! It was very funny, I am in no way mad!!!

lol dude did you have to go back to bed then. loving bummer!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Whizbang posted:

You're a goddamn adult, get out of bed by 8.

Not everyone works the same shift as you

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Whizbang posted:

You can keep posting "well shucks guys my phone works" all you want, it doesn't mean a massive amount of people aren't having problems that Google hasn't fixed until at least 5.03 which doesn't exist yet.

You can keep posting "well shucks guys my phone doesn't work" all you want, it doesn't mean a massive amount of people are having zero problems

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

nimper posted:

Keylink chat: Mine fell off the keychain (and into my pocket, luckily)

I think Moto needs to devise a better way to secure it.

Mine fell off early in winter 2 days after owning it. Found it later when the snow melted. Destroyed.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Had anyone had a problem with their Nexus 5 not recognizing a sim card? I went to sell mine last night and the dude popped his sim in, nothing. Restarted, nothing. A second factory reset, nothing. Tried my sim from my Nexus 6, nothing.

This is a phone that I used as a daily until I got my Nexus 6, and it's just been sitting there waiting to get sold. Worked perfectly fine before. Why would it suddenly not read a sim? The phone is useless now, I'm stuck with a brick.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
So then while we are on the subject, what is the best camera app?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I wish my N6 had a fingerprint reader. One of the things I really like about the new iPhones.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
My Vu Car should be here next week, I'll be testing with a N6+Diztronic TPU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dohaeris posted:

The Diztronic TPU is looking pretty good to me, but what about a screen protector? Will that fit just fine with the case? The MIME Ghost Glass a generally recognized good one?

The case will fit with whichever glass screen protector you pick

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Where my nigga CLAM at?

Confirming the VU CAR works with an N6 in a Diztronic case.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ruby idiot railed posted:

You got yours already? They printed a label for mine but as far as I can tell hasn't shipped it out yet, 5 days later.

How's the base? Do you have any basis for comparison with the iOttie products?

I haven't owned any other car mounts, nope.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Reverse Centaur posted:

Heh thanks, looked like actual car-sized photos on my monitor. Pro-tip, put an L before the .jpg for reasonable sized photos.

So it doesn't stick to the window? My dash is all curvy and poo poo

It'll stick to either your window or dash. I just chose the dash initially.

The base is a suction cup, but it also has adhesive on it.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ruby idiot railed posted:

The way the product sheet on tylt website describes it makes it sound like it's the same material as the stuff that's on the iOttie mounts. Does the instruction say anything about being able to 'renew' the adhesive by simply washing it and letting it dry?

The iOttie stuff mounts on my (slightly springy) faux leather dash without much of an issue (pops off occasionally after a sunny day in a parking lot, but goes right back on no problem).

This is all there is about the suction cup.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Any Google Play Music All Access deals? My free three months is about to run out. Did they give anything away to Nexus 6 buyers?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Thanks for the info dudes I'll just keep goin at the full price.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The constant slap fights in this thread are truly a pleasure to read.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I get around 14 hours/3 hours with my Nexus 6. But I haven't done a "test" day in a while, I'm always charging throughout the day when it's convenient, because why not.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CLAM DOWN posted:

What problems are you having? I'm having no issues with my N6 and it's easily the best phone I've ever had.

Same. I was under the impression that the Nexus 6 was one of the phones pretty universally working well on lollipop.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I use both turbo charging and wireless charging almost every day. They both serve different purposes. Turbo Charging is definitely amazing though, can't imagine going back to a phone without it.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Samsung is hilariously shameless

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Some people have issues and some people don't. It doesn't have to be something y'all fight over every time it's brought up.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Anyone that ordered one of the Black Friday Vu's having issues with charge rate?

I have a black one that I got about a year ago, and it's great as always. Buy my new BF red one is atrocious, it barely keeps up with idle drain.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Recycled Karma posted:

This happens with my Black Friday Vu and Nexus 4. It would maybe charge the phone 5% overnight. I tried emailing their customer service but never heard anything back.

I just sent a customer service e-mail as well. Hopefully I'm not ignored!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Did you Nexus 6 owners know you can enable "OK Google" from any screen & screen off? I just saw this in the settings and it's life changing for driving.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

nerve posted:

I just sent a customer service e-mail as well. Hopefully I'm not ignored!

They responded the next day and are shipping me a new one with prepaid postage to send mine back. I'm okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Shadowgate posted:

I mean I guess I could waste a ton of time redoing everything and playing phone janitor, but I have better things to spend my time on. I'm mostly pissed that things were fine on KitKat and now my Nexus 5 is pretty lovely.

Also I have no facebook apps or anything weird on my phone.

Why do you make it sound like it takes a long time to do?