Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Why is Samsung getting slammed in this thread on the regular? I'm not a cellphone expert by any stretch of imagination and the only Samsung device I've owned is a Galaxy Nexus that I'm writing this very post on.

And this phone is a piece of poo poo that restarts randomly and has insane memory leaks. Is this a regular Samsung phone experience then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Mooktastical posted:

I'd call it more of a slapfight, anyway.
:goonsay:

Oh its on now!

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
My buddy ordered a oneplusone and the one he got would enter a restart loop whenever he plugged it into the wall or into his computer. The company charged him either 70$ or 90$, can't remember which one, to ship it back to them insured from Canada, before giving him a refund. They didn't refund the shipping fee. He then bought a Moto X.

Roll them dice son.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Is the Xperia Z3C still my best best for a compact phone or is there something on the horizon that I should wait just a while longer for?

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
My friend has a Moto X 2014 I think and he can talk to it when it is in stand by mode to make it do things. Is that a feature for all android phones or just that Motorola phone?

Asking because I want that feature but in a smaller phone like the Sony Z3C.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
What are my options for a 5 inch screen or smaller phone with a great camera? This busted rear end Galaxy Nexus phone I'm using needs to go.

Thanks goons!

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Whats the goon concensus on the Samsung S6? Is getting Samsung'd a thing of the past with this model or should I stay away?

And no removable battery? :ohdear:

And is there a point to spending more to get the Edge?

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Any suggestions for a wireless charging pad for a Samsung S6 that would work with a Diztronic case?

Thanks goons!

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Are there any reputable guides or websites for removing TouchWiz from a S6? Its making baby Jesus cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
So my Samsung Galaxy S6 has developed a thing where it doesn't register about 75% of presses on the bottom of my screen.

Is there anything to be done or have I gotten Samsung'ed again?