Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015
I was gonna say, I have my 3a in a case, and I still trigger Active Edge accidentally all the time, and I have it at its lowest sensitivity,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015

Vasler posted:

Been waiting so long for pixel 5s to come out. Any reason to wait to pull the trigger on a preorder? Upgrading from an OG pixel.

The black friday price deal that might not actually come?

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015
I mean, I had the issue with pocketcasts on my 3a, usually listening over bluetooth at 2.5x speed or higher with delete silence, mostly after being outside on a warm day for a while.

I assumed it was CPU throttling due to heat.

Haven't had the issue on my 4a

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015

bull3964 posted:

if you happen to not be staring out the window to lock eyes with the fedex guy when he comes with the package, chances are you are never going to know they attempted a delivery.

Indeed, here, they either don't buzz or buzz the wrong buzzer, whoever wired the intercom system for my building was... not smart, which buzzer is for which apartment has nothing to do with the apartment number.

Like, I'm apartment 2 (of 9), and my button's something like the 6th from the top.

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015

Stevie Lee posted:

my pixel 2 camera is inoperable in cold weather and i assume it's because of the battery. it just turns itself off after taking one or maybe two photos. it's literally the only reason i want to upgrade because otherwise this phone still works great for me.

nokia needs to hurry the gently caress up with the 7.3.

I'd guess that the phone being 2+ years old physically and having related battery degradation also is a factor.