Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I've got a not rooted Verizon LG G3, and I updated it to Marshmallow last night. Now, when i double tap the screen to lock it, the screen off animation/effect(?) is gone. I know the effect was called something like "Television Off", because I remember there being a setting for this, and now it's gone. Is this something that got blown away, or am I not looking in the right spot for this now ? I've looked through Display, Home Screen, Lock Screen, nada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

I'm looking for a recommendation for an MP3/audio player app that isn't Google Music that can play a specified folder of music or is able to create a playlist from said folder without having to add each song individually. Thanks !

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

So the 3.5 year old OEM battery in my S7 Edge decided that going for the Full Note 7 Experience was going to be a possibility in the near future :stonklol: . Phone still works & I have reason to get it usable again. I looked on Amazon and found a large variety of replacement battery kits but I'm leery of trusting something that has a brand name that looks like it came from someone facerolling on a computer keyboard. Is there such an animal as a decent/trustable brand of battery or is it just a dice roll at this point ? At least I don't have to worry about trying to take the back of the phone off :haw: ! I'm honestly surprised that nothing bad happened. The phone has been in an Otterbox Defender case since the day I got it and apparently the case was strong enough to keep together even with the internal pressure. I only took the phone out to maybe see why the side volume buttons stopped working... which was because they were shifted out of position far enough that the pass-through buttons on the outer rubber shell weren't in contact with the phone anymore :stonkhat: .

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Rexxed posted:

The batteries are probably sourced from the same places but when I have to replace one on a good phone I get the ifixit kit for it since their guides are good and the kit includes some decent tools:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S7+Edge+Battery+Replacement/105877
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Android/Galaxy-S7-Edge-Replacement-Battery/IF329-033?o=4

Hey just wanted to say thanks for this, I ordered the whole kit. battery + decent tools/replacement adhesive setup for a decent price :tipshat: .

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

so I have an old-rear end Galaxy S7 and I've been having some weird issues with it.

firstly: apps keep crashing at complete random, based seemingly on the mood the phone is in at the time. like, right now, it's Google Play Services that's making GBS threads itself every five minutes, but if I restart my phone it might be the Samsung UI, or it might be Snapchat or Facebook refusing to open, or God only knows what.

secondly: if I overtax the phone in any way, or often if it just feels like being an rear end in a top hat, it will just freeze and reboot out of nowhere. often, when it does this, it will get stuck on the Verizon boot screen and eat huge chunks of my battery until I maintenance-boot it and throw the dice again.

thirdly: my phone is apparently somehow heating itself to 50 goddamn degrees celsius and, while I suspect this is at least part of the problem, i have no loving clue why it's doing this either.

is my phone just hosed or is there a way i can make it stop making GBS threads itself every time I try to do anything? because this is getting ridiculous

If you look back a few pages I posted a pic of the battery of my 3.5 year old S7 Edge trying to go handgrenade on me. If the battery is the original OEM one it might be going bad. I'd suggest checking your phone for suspicious bulging on the back.