Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A friend of mine saved her number into my phone and while doing so in Contacts, took a quick selfie to set as her contact pic. The pic is very dark and I want to brighten it but I can't find where it's stored on the phone, any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

For some reason I can't resize widgets on my replacement Moto X4, I could on my previous one. What am I missing?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

OhFunny posted:

Unfortunately I don't know how to post screenshots from my phone to the forum and I'm going away from my computer for the next few days.

In the app you tap the triple dot at the top right and choose Add File Attachment. The drawback is that the pic can't be greater than 1280x1024, so I cropped mine a bit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Uthor posted:

I go through Insert Imgur and upload the image to there prior to posting.

Interesting! How do I get that feature?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks! I think I learned of that feature a while back and just forgot about it. Beats the hell out of the dumpster fire that is the imgur mobile app.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

When an Android phone is factory reset, is any of the previous data recoverable? Reason I ask is that I factory reset and sent my old phone back to Google, and got a replacement under warranty, shortly after that my bank caught a $700 payment to some rando.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

When an Android phone is factory reset, is any of the previous data recoverable? Reason I ask is that I factory reset and sent my old phone back to Google, and got a replacement under warranty, shortly after that my bank caught a $700 payment to some rando.

Thanks all, just checking out of curiosity to see if this could be ruled out. The old phone was a Moto X4.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Get a Bluetooth earpiece. Or turn the volume down on calls enough that you have to keep the phone close.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Whenever I download a file in Chrome on my Moto X4, say a picture or a PDF, even after the download is complete there'll be a notification that the file is still continuously downloading, despite the file being complete and intact in my phone's storage. The Pause and Cancel buttons do nothing, I can only get rid of it by rebooting the phone.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does a vertical swipe give you four dots?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A few weeks ago I bought (from Amazon) and installed a "diaper sprayer" as a bidet attachment, and it included a free gift in the form of a card with a QR code. I scanned it and basically am being sent BlueTooth Earphones for free+$7 shipping from Singapore.

Guess I'll post a trip report when they arrive!

EDIT: Forgot a pic of them:

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 27, 2020

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So which phone would have the best camera for getting a good photo of stars at night? Assuming a clear sky and little or no light pollution.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thank you both, I'm on Google Fi and I wish the P4 wasn't $800. Here's a photo I took last summer, rural countryside so very little light and a nearly clear sky. I could see all sorts of stars. Here's what my trusty Moto x4 captured (can't remember if I used Snapchat to take the photo):

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Google Fi is having a sale on the Moto G Power for $150 or the Moto G Stylus for $200 - good value for those phones?

I currently have a OP 3T and I need a new phone, but I also need dual SIM, so a 3A is out, and I'd rather not spend $500-700 on a OP7T or OP8

I'm on FI and I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Moto G Power yesterday. My trusty old x4 just doesn't have the battery stamina that it used to have.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mastershakeman posted:

got my moto g power from google fi already, setting it up and going to switch it over to verizon shortly. one question - what's a good case seller? amazon is full of noname companies all selling similar looking cases, does it matter at all? the only reason I ask is my last case had the kickstand fail on both of the cases (they were like $7 each). i dont need a screen protector, just a case for when i drop it a million times and the kickstand is a great feature that breaks instantly

Got mine from Fi today too! For a case I just got this since all I care about is something that offers actual grip - though protecting the back and edges is good too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

hooah posted:

Lol WTF, Google. I transfered my music from GPM to YTM the other day, and since I had to create a channel, I called it "my poo poo". For some reason, Google then changed my name in its system to "My poo poo", including in Gmail!

That's just a formality.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the 2020 Moto G Power worth an extra 100 bucks over the old 2019 G7 Power?

Battery's the same capacity, but the G Power comes with a newer OS plus more RAM and storage:

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10076&idPhone2=9527

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-G-Power,Motorola-Moto-G7-Power/phones/11349,11063

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

bull3964 posted:

Comparison of night shots

Thanks for doing this! I'd love to see a comparison of stars in the sky, if you are able to do so at some point.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced -> Private DNS -> Private DNS provider hostname: dns.adguard.com

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fishing with the fam posted:

Thanks for the links. And you're god drat right I can.

I'm the Asus laptop box in the background.

That's a good looking doggo!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My first thought was a drug dealer's burner phone :v: is there any way to tell which carrier it's on? For example if it's T-Mobile you could just take it to one of their stores.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

obi_ant posted:

It's a Verizon phone, but I'm not trying to go to a store unless that's the only way to resolve it.

Could be a drug dealer's phone, but it would make more sense for them to destroy it.

A Verizon store can ID the customer and contact them.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shai-Hulud posted:

To add to this: All those apps you see in the app switcher arent actually running in the background. Its more of a "recent apps" list and not a "currently running" list. Don't worry about it. Android restricts background activity pretty strictly now and having an app waste battery or power in the background is exceedingly rare.

Thanks for this info, I learned something new today. I hope Mary Worth isn't contradicting you over there.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It just means personal account info is removed from the device. The account still exists in the Google cloud.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've got a friend who's looking for someone to help him with rooting a Galaxy S10. Where could I point him toward?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cheers :tipshat:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah I thought that rule had been relaxed?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

effika posted:

My arms are short enough it can't get my eyes in focus. It's ridiculous. Time to set up the elaborate mirror set-up for sock photos again. :rip: good FFC images. It was a beautiful few years.

Get a selfie stick, problem solved.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Got a notification about a new VPN for my phone from Google One. Worth using?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The real question is: does it take a good steak photo?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I went outside tonight and snapped a few photos. That was about 5 hours ago and they have been "pending upload" since then. I've tried manually uploading them, even tried restarting my phone. No change in this behavior. Little help here?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sourdough posted:

What phone? What app?

Moto G Power, native Photos app

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rebooted my phone into Safe Mode and saw the same issue. Updated a bunch of apps and reverted to normal mode, pics uploaded.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Amazon Treasure Truck has the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G (unlocked) for $400 today: https://www.amazon.com/tt/webview

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

XIII posted:

Wow, not even gonna post the article link?!

You can Google it :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Put the phone in airplane mode, then turn on WiFi. See if you can continue the update.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My Moto G Power (2020) has a great battery and a headphone jack.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

cage-free egghead posted:

RIM should buy the Palm brand and make the Blackberry Pre. Or someone to adopt PalmOS.

I think PalmOS ended up with LG for their TVs.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How powerful a phone is your dad going to need? If he's been holding out with a P2, would he be perfectly happy with a less expensive Moto G Power that suits his usage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Uthor posted:

I haven't compared the two, but Facebook has a "Lite" app for low powered phones that I use and I would expect it being easier on battery life.

TIL, thanks!