Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was a great pass. Also a great save, the German goalie has been pretty good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Lazar beam :getin: :getin: :getin:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

A perfect PP goal.

Go Lazar

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Germany p bad

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Connor McDavid crisis

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Man Comrie's mom is hot

Being rich as hell owns

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
canada playing sloppy as gently caress

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Man Comrie's mom is hot

Being rich as hell owns
whos older, her or mike

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
That was a gorgeous pass for nothing

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol domi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully they don't act like the sky is falling when Canada doesn't score 7 or 8 goals today

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hopefully they don't act like the sky is falling when Canada doesn't score 7 or 8 goals today

They will.

Canada can't do anything right at this tourney. Even if they win gold expectations are so high that the questions will be about whether or not they won it hard enough (despite Canada not doing well in a couple years).

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

and here come the goals.....

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

olé spotted lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

They will.

Canada can't do anything right at this tourney. Even if they win gold expectations are so high that the questions will be about whether or not they won it hard enough (despite Canada not doing well in a couple years).

The funny thing is, I guess these guys are forgetting the year they finished 8th. They lost to loving Kazakhstan. I mean, the rumour was they were hungover (supposedly a few players were even still drunk) but it was still brutal.

Incidentally: Germany's goalie has looked sharp.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Jets have been quietly drafting together quite the prospect pool these past few years, haven't they?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

The Jets have been quietly drafting together quite the prospect pool these past few years, haven't they?

Yeah, Petan looks really great. For a second I confused him with Nick Paul and got really excited at the idea of watching him and Lazar together, but nope.

Also holy poo poo why did Gauthier make this team, he sucks. (It's not a big deal, he's not getting a lot of ice time and he's not a total wreck defensively, but still.)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Austrian mook posted:

ehlers, petan (winterhawks :argh:) and morrissey are all really good. also I hate trouba and how good he is :argh:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah, Petan looks really great. For a second I confused him with Nick Paul and got really excited at the idea of watching him and Lazar together, but nope.

Also holy poo poo why did Gauthier make this team, he sucks. (It's not a big deal, he's not getting a lot of ice time and he's not a total wreck defensively, but still.)

Don't forget Ehlers, and they have a few defenseman in the world juniors and that sick goalie pool.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't stand the number of penalties in poorly reffed international hockey. Holy poo poo let them play a little bit. These are not for the most part must-calls.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do you guys think Max Domi will stick as a solid pro?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you guys think Max Domi will stick as a solid pro?

Tough to say, he's just so small.

I think the fact his dad was a player is a huge factor in his favour. He's going to get chances other guys his stature wouldn't get. He's got sick hands and he doesn't play that small, so it really depends on how hard he hits the gym. He could probably play the same role as a Gallagher type.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I ask because every time I've seen him play he seems to create problems for the other team.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Is this going to be like the Olympics where Canada ends up with like only 3 goals against the whole thing?

Jordan7hm posted:

I can't stand the number of penalties in poorly reffed international hockey. Holy poo poo let them play a little bit. These are not for the most part must-calls.

Not to sound like a Cherry or anything but I find it annoying because it hurts the good teams that can be and are used to be tough and physical like Canada and the U.S the most. Like to me it's pretty much the IIHFs way of leveling the playing field since it basically forces the more dominant teams to try to hold off a bit more for fear of getting too heavily penalized and thus failing to generate momentum. I'd even go so far to argue it's contributed as much as inconveniently timed bad goal-tending as far as Canada's recent struggles at this tournament go. Like they can throw their weight around a bit and play hard for the puck....just at like 33% of their full potential or something like that.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 28, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kale posted:

Is this going to be like the Olympics where Canada ends up with like only 3 goals against the whole thing?

latvia isn't playing in these juniors, so

Kale
May 14, 2010

fits posted:

latvia isn't playing in these juniors, so

I remember when Canada almost killed their goaltender who was literally gasping and wheezing on the ice to catch his breath near the end of the third period just before the go-ahead goal to the point where they had to stop play for a bit to make sure he wasn't going to pass out.

Also the main reason they even managed to score was because Nolan was crafty and had the forwards sneak out the defenses door just behind the play at exactly the right moment so that they could actually gain the zone and Price had to try to make one of those 50/50 saves. They tried it again too but Canada never fell for it more than once.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 28, 2014

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

On another note, how are there so few people at this game? The lower bowl seemed really empty. Even the minor team games in Ottawa that I went to had tons of people.

Looks like there are lots of empty seats in both cities which is sad. Probably bought by companies or people who don't bother selling them which sucks. Also I saw a fair amount of lower bowl empty seats in the 1st of Canada/germany and that is just awful.

I was at both Saskatoon and Calgary and yeah the non-canada games weren't sellouts there either though

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
ticket prices are probably unreasonably high again, especially for canada games

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Guignol posted:

I looked at stubhub and games didn't look that expensive :shrug:

prices were ridiculous when it was in edmonton/calgary a few years ago but those games were still pretty packed

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Guignol posted:

That's probably been the main reason I haven't gone to any games yet. For instance, the Czech-Denmark game in Toronto on Monday at 1pm has tickets ranging from $14 to $25 in the upper bowl to $43 to $86 in the lower bowl. Now to be honest, the $25 upper bowl isn't terrible and I still might go see a few games at that price, but definitely not for $40 to $80. IMO they really screwed up by not putting a bunch of lesser prelims at Ricoh. That way you could get a better atmosphere, a fuller arena, and an overall better experience.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Kale posted:

Well I think Fucale is still the presumptive starter and I don't think the team is good enough to limit the other teams to around ~26 shots against

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MagicCube posted:

That's probably been the main reason I haven't gone to any games yet. For instance, the Czech-Denmark game in Toronto on Monday at 1pm has tickets ranging from $14 to $25 in the upper bowl to $43 to $86 in the lower bowl. Now to be honest, the $25 upper bowl isn't terrible and I still might go see a few games at that price, but definitely not for $40 to $80. IMO they really screwed up by not putting a bunch of lesser prelims at Ricoh. That way you could get a better atmosphere, a fuller arena, and an overall better experience.

Yeah one thing that was done well in Ottawa was having games at the smaller Civic Center. I saw Karlsson and some of the Russian games there (I think). And Latvia. God those fans were amazing.

I sold one of my tickets to a scalper before the Fin-Rus game for about 50% of ticket price, and the scalper turned it around, so there was clearly demand.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

MagicCube posted:

ricoh is also a solid venue so i don't get why they didn't use it.

the swiss team has been the most fun to watch for me so far.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fucale in net vs. Finland :geno:

teamjack
Apr 1, 2010

Only Judy can judge me.
WWJD.

Pleads posted:

Fucale in net vs. Finland :geno:

I'm not a big fan of Fucale, but Comrie hasn't looked like a world-beater either. I was in Ottawa when he started against Sweden and he too looked just average. I'm not sure starting either would be a terrible decision.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fucale's a bum, I tells yah!

Also just switched on the RUS-SWI game and :stare: Looks like Russian Bear woke up after the Danes gave them that scare.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Every year I think it's really cool when the US dominates teams like they're doing against the Germans right now, but I also feel kind of bad for those German kids because it must be lovely for them.

Edit: Their goalie has been phenomenal though. 4-0 but it could easily be like, 11-0. He straight up robbed Sonny Milano on a 2 on 0

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 29, 2014

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Holy crap Eichel

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Eichel. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That was uhhh :stare:

• Locked thread