Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
That poor German goalie played his heart out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Spamtron7000 posted:

That poor German goalie played his heart out.

he was really good tonight, probably had about 50 saves

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

he was really good tonight, probably had about 50 saves

Was it Reich? He looked good for the most part against Canada.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Was it Reich? He looked good for the most part against Canada.

No it was Sharipov. TSN says he had 47 saves. Which is actually pretty good considering they got outshot 53-14

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

No it was Sharipov. TSN says he had 47 saves. Which is actually pretty good considering they got outshot 53-14

I always feel bad for the goalies from the less hockey inclined countries. I remember one year, Ukraine made the tourney (possibly because of Antropov?) And they had to play Canada. Canada won something like 8-1, but needed a crap load of shots (I wanna say around 65).

And of course there's the asswhooping Sweden handed Japan. The Japanese goalies still have nightmares about Peter Forsberg.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Finland doing not-so-hot is disappointing but not surprising. Scoring lines have been hella quiet but at least Jesse Puljujärvi is showing his ownage level of all the bones. (Which is quite a lot)

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Pleads posted:

Fucale's a bum, I tells yah!

Also just switched on the RUS-SWI game and :stare: Looks like Russian Bear woke up after the Danes gave them that scare.

I went to the Russia/Switzerland game. The Russians were sloppy and lazy at times and allowed Switzerland to take the play to them, but the Swiss couldn't make them pay for it - they'd hit the post, miss the net, or flub the pass at the critical moment. Never seen a team as completely unable to make a tape-to-tape pass as the Swiss were last night. Meanwhile, Russia put the puck in the net nearly every time they had a chance to do so. The discrepancy in overall skill and talent between the two teams was obvious.

I've also seen a lot of criticism directed towards McDavid and Eichel in the last while, but I'm not terribly concerned about them. the World Juniors are generally dominated by the 19-year-olds, and anyone younger struggles to make an impact. I remember hearing the same stuff about Crosby 10 years ago.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Jets could potentially call up Ehlers as an emergency fill in so he better make the rest of this game count. Czechs are Denmarks best chance for a win and czechs are leading 2-1. At least Eller scored :unsmith:

Russia-Sweden is in a couple hours and should be a killer game

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

fits posted:

Jets could potentially call up Ehlers as an emergency fill in so he better make the rest of this game count. Czechs are Denmarks best chance for a win and czechs are leading 2-1. At least Eller scored :unsmith:

Russia-Sweden is in a couple hours and should be a killer game

How can they call up Ehlers when they still have O'Dell in St. John's?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Amazing goal for the Danes

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Drunk Canuck posted:

Amazing goal for the Danes

Fun team , fun goal, fun celly. Really warms the heart.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

death to America

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

St. Dogbert posted:

I've also seen a lot of criticism directed towards McDavid and Eichel in the last while, but I'm not terribly concerned about them. the World Juniors are generally dominated by the 19-year-olds, and anyone younger struggles to make an impact. I remember hearing the same stuff about Crosby 10 years ago.

I haven't actually seen any criticism toward Eichel. He hasn't been scoring but he's been just dominant for team USA. He has shifts where he literally just skates around the offensive zone and creates multiple chances. He never coughs up the puck either, he gets double and triple teamed and he just skates around everyone. Its kind of absurd. If you just look at the stat line you wouldn't think he's been doing much but that's not the case.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Eichel is going to be Getzlaf or a better Getzlaf. He's nasty.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Russia turning it on.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
that stop. Sat on the line twice.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Remember kids, scramble all over the puck to make the job impossible for the replay officials

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Beautiful Swede goal.

Hopefully this score holds

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

T-Bone posted:

Yeah, he definitely reminds me of the dude. McDavid has been getting crazy hyped but Eichel is still so good too, it's absurd. Gonna be funny when one goes to the Oil.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Apparently Buchnevic has been an absolute beast for Russia but no one could finish his setups, but I"m just going off hype

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

T-Bone posted:

Nasty

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

T-Bone posted:

why is he already balding?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fucale is a mess but to his credit he made some nice saves. It just seems like every shot is about to go in. The MAF comparison is so apt (but MAF was better in the first place).

teamjack
Apr 1, 2010

Only Judy can judge me.
WWJD.
Everything I've seen from Darnell Nurse, he would 100% be the Oilers best dman right now.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I dunno if Domi's size will affect him being an impact player in the NHL, but god drat has he made some slick passes so far in this tournament

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
That was a beautiful goal

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
gord miller and ray ferraro discussing minecraft.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bad play by Morin but what the gently caress was Fucale doing.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Christ Fucale seriously has no clue where the puck is on high shots. He just raises his gloves and prays.

This is a pretty good game though.

e: Also what the gently caress how do you not call a guy cross-checking as he has a player trapped under him.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Canada owns but I don't like Fucale.

I got a wireless speaker so I could watch+listen to Hockeystreams in the dressing room because I had a game tonight 30 mins after puck drop and also have a game 30 mins after puck drop on the gold medal game ugh.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Canada/USA both undefeated and their New Years Eve game to finish out the round robin is for 1st in their pool and a playoff bye

:getin:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Domi loving owns. He's also the rare genetic cocktail of hot mother plus really loving ugly father. He's like the two face woman from that Seinfeld episode.

Also, is McDavid 100 percent? He looked slow last night and coughed up the puck at least twice without much pressure on him.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

fits posted:

Canada/USA both undefeated and their New Years Eve game to finish out the round robin is for 1st in their pool and a playoff bye

:getin:

It's going to be a cool game but nobody gets a playoff bye though. Nobody gets to skip the quarterfinals.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Zat posted:

It's going to be a cool game but nobody gets a playoff bye though. Nobody gets to skip the quarterfinals.

Yeah, 1-4 2-3 crossover format.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Domi was a loving beast in the Finland game. His speed was awesome.

Erik Comrie to start for Canada instead of Fucale

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Is anyone watching this Denmark-Switzerland game? It's in OT, tied at 3. Sorensen, the Danish goalie, has been incredible. If Denmark wins, it should send the Czechs to the relegation games.

There's actually a possibility that it is the Czechs and Finland in the relegation round, but that involves Germany beating the Finns tomorrow.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Shootouts :argh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Denmark has won their first ever world junior round robin game :getin:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

It's so nice to see them so happy :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I forgot this thread existed and was posting elsewhere, but DENMARK! That was great to watch.

• Locked thread