Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

E: Sending the extra turn to Kai_Tave/Mark as well then.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Diana Staley, The Redeemed Cultist – Mykkel
Space: Arkham
Health: 7/7 , Sanity: 5/5
Lor:4 , Inf:2 , Obs:3 , Str:3 , Wil:1
  • Action: If there is a Cultist on your space either discard all Monsters or move the Cultist to any other space.
  • Reduce the horror of Monsters you encounter to 1.
  • Arcane Manuscripts (1, Item – Tome, +1 Lor during Spells)
  • Wither (Incantation, During Combat test Lor to gain +3 Str for that Combat – then flip))
    (0: Discard this card or gain an Internal Injury Condition. 1: Lose 1 Sanity. 2+: Reroll 1 die during the Str test.) Declare before Combat
  • Blessing of Isis (Ritual, Action: Test Lor-1 to give an Investigator on your space a Blessed Condition. They can't be Blessed already. - then flip)
    (Back: 0: Target is cursed. 1: You lose 1 Sanity. 2+: No additional Effect)
  • Lucky Ring, Trinket – Magical, Reroll 1 die for any test.
  • Healing Words (Incantation, When an investigator on your space Rests, test Lor to let them recover an additional Health and Sanity - then flip)
    (Back: Unknown)
  • Internal Injury (Injury, When you Rest, roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Str. If you fail, flip this card.)
  • Amnesia (Madness, When you Rest, roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)
    (Back: Forgotten Crimes: Gain a Detained Condition, then discard this card.)
  • Dark Pact (Deal, Reckoning: Roll a die. On a 1, it's time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.)
  • Ship ticket

Diana stumbled away from the Men in Black, unsure of what she had just accepted to get out of the deal. So far, this ring didn't seem so lucky to her.
She headed back to her room at the hotel. She had one more feather, and perhaps Isis would protect her some more. As she chanted, she could feel the power
going wrong. With the angry eyes of Isis upon her she jumped on the train to San Francisco.

Action 1: Cast Blessing of Isis Casting Blessing of Isis : 4d6t5 0
Using Lucky Ring: 1d6t5 0 Crap give me cursed
Action 2: Move to San Francisco.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Norman Withers, The Astronomer – Jivjov
Health: 5/5 , Sanity: 7/7
Lor:3 , Inf:1 , Obs:3 , Str:2 , Wil:5 (4+1)
  • Action: Spend 2 clues to discard 1 Monster on a space with a Gate
  • 1/round, you may spend 1 Sanity instead of 1 Clue
  • Feed The Mind (Ritual, Action: Test Lor-1 to improve 1 skill of your choice for an investigator on your space, then flip)
  • Elder Sign (2, Trinket – Magical, Reroll 1 die during a Wil test in Combat, and reduce the Monster's horror by 1.)
  • +1 Will Improvement

Norman's confidence kept rising; things were going remarkably well. Time to deal with another portal nearby...and improve himself along the way!

Action 1: Move to Shanghai
Action 2: Feed the Mind, with the intent of improving Will again.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Leo Anderson, The Expedition Leader – Lord Koth
Space: Buenos Aires
Health: 6/6 , Sanity 5/6
Lor:2 , Inf:2+1 , Obs:3 , Str:3+1+(3) , Wil:3+(1)
  • Improved Influence (+1)
  • Action: Test Inf to gain 1 Ally from the reserve or discard pile.
  • If you are on a Wilderness space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Hired Muscle (2, Ally, Gain +1 Str and reroll 1 die during Str tests) Used automatically
  • Urban Guide (4, Ally, If you are on a City Space, investigators on your space roll +1 dice for tests, excluding Other World Encounters).
  • Enchanted Blade, Item - Weapon, Gain +1 Wil and +3 Str during Combat
  • Ship Ticket x 2

As he readied himself to face the creature again, putting the mysterious lady who'd handed him the sword out of his mind for now, Leo glanced at his faithful hired hand, loyally helping to entrap the monster before them. It was almost enough to restore his faith in them succeeding. Still, Leo would allow him to make his own decision about staying or not.

gently caress it, I'll take the Madness condition.
Action 1: Buy another Ship Ticket.
Action 2: Personal action: Test Inf for the Urban Guide.
Action for Ally: 3d6t5 3

Also, I'd say keep the clues, though you can trade them if you really want to.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 2, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mark Harrigan, The Soldier – Kai Tave
Space: Tunguska
Health: 6/8 , Sanity: 4/4
Lor:1 , Inf:2 , Obs:2 , Str:4 , Will:4
Conditions: Leg Injury
  • Action: You and 1 monster on your space each lose 1 Health
  • You cannot become Delayed or Detained unless you choose to
  • .38 Revolver (1, Item – Weapon , +2 Str during Combat)
  • Kerosene (1, Item, Discard to gain +5 Str during one Combat) Declare before Combat
  • .18 Derringer (Trinket - Weapon, Add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a Str test during Combat)
  • 1 Clue

It was time to leave Tokyo. Taro had made that abundantly clear. The hulking gorilla in the cheap suit that had dragged him into an alleyway only served to drive the point home, just like he'd driven his knife into Mark's leg during the ensuing fight. "Shoulda seen the other guy" his old friend Barry would have said, and he allowed himself a chuckle and raised his glass to old friends long dead. It wouldn't be long before someone found the gorilla's body and Taro put two and two together, and he had a feeling that they'd be past polite understandings at that point.

No, it was time to leave Tokyo all right. And to leave by himself. The further along they went the wilder Pyotr's ramblings were growing and while Mark was grateful for the man's assistance he was also worried about his mental state. Nobody should be that enthusiastic about what they were dealing with, but Pyotr seemed positively giddy at the prospect. That was a dangerous sign. Also Mark had to admit that he could use a break from the man's uncanny ability to talk the hind leg off a mule.

And so after finishing his last drink he carefully made his way back to the hotel, favoring his injured leg (hardly the first time he'd been stabbed), and quickly and quietly packed. He left Pyotr a note and enough money to pay for passage back to Russia (he'd told the gorilla's employers that the money had all been spent, not that they needed to know the truth) and then slipped out into the night with his bags packed and Pyotr's notebook in his pocket.

Pyotr's notes were almost as off-kilter as the man himself, but from what he'd been able to glean there was something that the Russian referred to as a "convergence" of some sort, and judging by the star charts he'd hastily scribbled across the pages whatever this convergence was it was happening (or going to happen, the notes weren't very precise) in Australia.

He could feel it in the air once he arrived, that same foreboding sensation he'd felt back in Tokyo. Something was off here. He wondered where Norman was, the Arkham professor who'd walked into a hole in reality and come back out again none the worse for wear. He wouldn't turn down the man's help again, but wishful thinking never got anyone anywhere. He'd just have to handle whatever was waiting for him here on his own.

First off, when the Reckoning happened my Conspiracy Theorist has an ability that triggers off of that, allowing me to roll 1 die and gain a clue on a 4+ which I succeed at. Mark now has 1 Clue, and I'll ditch the Conspiracy Theorist to forgo the sanity loss. I'm assuming there's no order in which these Reckoning effects are triggered so that I can do this, if not let me know.

Secondly, since I can't take more than one "Move" action in a turn even with Charlie's assistance that means I can't make it to the Clockmen this round. If I'm mistaken and there's something I'm missing please let me know and I'll go back and edit, but otherwise it seems if I want a shot at taking them on I'm going to need to go through Sydney first..which means both the Shuggoth and the Gate.

Action 1: Buy a ship ticket.
Action 2: Move to Sydney.
Action 3: Me and the Shuggoth both lose 1 Health. That places me at 6 Health.

Krysmphoenix, I will not use the Clue during the fight with the Shuggoth, nor will I use the Kerosene. I'll use the Derringer if the opportunity arises however. Win or lose, I will use the Clue if it would become necessary to do so to keep me from getting lost in time and space or some similar bullshit when it's time to deal with the Gate and I'll leave it up to you what the best way to employ it is.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Edited my post, grabbing the Lodge Research Ally and the Bullwhip that just came up by taking a Debt condition.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Silas Marsh, The Sailor – stevey666
Space: Shanghai
Health: 8/8 , Sanity: 4/4
Lor:1 , Inf:3 , Obs:3 , Str:3 , Wil:3
  • Action: Move 1 space along a Ship path, then perform 1 additional action.
  • If you are on a Sea space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Fishing Net (2, Item, Reroll 1 die for Str tests during Combat; Reduce Monster damage by 1) Used automatically
  • Dynamite, Item – Weapon, Action: Discard to deal 3 damage to each Monster on your space
  • Lantern, Item, 1/round, roll 1 additional die when resolving a test (Will save for last roll on your encounter card, otherwise state if you want it used earlier)
  • Cursed (Bane, Count test successes only 6+ instead. If you gain Cursed again, flip this card instead. If you gain Blessed, discard both cards. Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 2-, discard this card.)

Silas is reminded of a particular misadventure in Amsterdam, many years ago.... only this one has a lot more colours.

Lost in time and space :(

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Mykkel posted:

Action 2: Move to San Francisco.

Was processing turns today when I noticed this. You need 2 Boat tickers or 1 Train ticket to make it to San Francisco. Do you want me to move you a space closer have a generic city encounter, or buy a ticket this turn and have yet another Arkham Encounter?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Action 2: Personal action: Test Inf for the Lodge Researcher.

And this one's my goof, I didn't realize you two were going for the same Asset. Since Trish took a debt I already handed off the Lodge Researcher to her. The Witch Doctor is still up for sale, as is a new Ally that might be helpful. Otherwise I'll let you redo that action for something else if you'd like.

• Urban Guide (4, Ally, If you are on a City Space, investigators on your space roll +1 dice for tests, excluding Other World Encounters).

Heads up, Other World Encounters are the ones (normally) used to close gates. And I'll give you a spoiler for the turn and say that we finished the Void Between Worlds mystery so now it's normal Other World Encounters for gates from now on (and if you beat the doppelganger, you're about to go into one).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just going to point out that I did get the request in first, though I couldn't roll dice at the time. And I can possibly make use of it right this moment, given I'm currently trying to stab something in the face, rather than at some undefined point in the future.

That said, the Urban Guide probably is ultimately worth more, so whatever. Dice roll's done.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah, the Urban Guide is definately better all around, and technically would help you for this Combat Encounter (not that you needed it though).

Thanks for being a good sport and working with my screwup. :unsmith:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That Urban Guide is awesome.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sheet updated.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Was processing turns today when I noticed this. You need 2 Boat tickers or 1 Train ticket to make it to San Francisco. Do you want me to move you a space closer have a generic city encounter, or buy a ticket this turn and have yet another Arkham Encounter?

woops. I'll buy a train ticket and have an arkham encounter.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Shanghai

(This is for Trish...)
  • Debt (Deal - Common, Local Action: Test Inf. If you pass, discard this card. Reckoning: Some men have come to collect on your debt, flip this card.)

(And this is for Norman.)
Feed the Mind: Lor-1 test: 2d6t5 0

Feed the Mind posted:

0: The words of the incantation seem somehow foreign to you. If you rolled any 1's, discard this card. 1+: your body and mind become whole again. No additional effect. Then flip this card.
(Welp. Good bye Feed the Mind)

Su Ni Hwan introduces Trish to this absolutely interesting man she found foaming at the mouth in a gutter this morning. After a shower Norman feels perfectly find but has presently sworn off using sorcery for the time being.

Following Su Ni Hwan's advice, they explore the streets of Shanghai to check out the places Su had mentioned. Many places were simply rotten and dirty, some places were completely clean as if whatever horrifying things had happened already left.. As the middle of the night approached, Trish noticed an unusual red flash of light coming from a construction zone, or more specifically an unknown tunnel leading deep underground.

Void Between Worlds Encounter - Trish posted:

You can't see, but you hear the sound of a bird's wings flapping. Using your hearing alone, you try to follow the sound through the dark, twisting caverns (Obs-1).
Void Between Worlds: Obs-1 test: 3d6t5 0
Clue reroll: 1d6t5 0 (Welp...)

Void Between Worlds Encounter posted:

You cannot find the bird, but you do find a corpse dressed in ancient, hide armor. You imagine that he's been down here for thousands of years. You know that even if you escape, there is no hope for humanity. Advance Doom by 1.
(Doom advances to 12. Considering we started at 14 we're still ahead of the game.)

Rather than spend more time exploring the cavern, Trish simply turns around muttering crudely at her fortune and why it's always skeletons. Although skeletons aren't his forte, Norman offers to go down as well to take a look. However shortly after he steps in, there's a red flash of light and Norman is nowhere to be seen.

Void Between Worlds Encounter - Norman posted:

A small portal opens up before you and you see the laboratory of Crawford Tillinghast. You try to persuade him to make the portal large enough for you to pass through (Inf).
Void Between Worlds: Inf test: 1d6t5 1 (You got super lucky here.)

As you step through the portal, a creature also tries to pass through, and you must use the machine to close the portal (Lor-1).
Void Between Worlds: Lor-1 test: 2d6t5 1

If you pass, close this Gate and place 1 Eldritch token on the active Mystery.
(:hellyeah: That's 4/4!)

Before Trish can figure out what to do, there's another red flash of light and Norman walks out of the cave. "Didn't find the skeleton, but I got this!" He says, holding up the lever he detached from the portal machine.

San Francisco

Upon arriving in San Francisco, Jacqueline sees the fallout of Charlie Kane's mysterious disappearance. With reports of his destructive behavior in Buenos Aires, the protesters started peacefully wanting to avoid another Cuban Missile Crisis, but after the police got involved the protests quickly turned violent. However, Jacqueline can tell that in the midst of the chaos there is something foul at play.

Combat: Inf-1 vs 0 Horror, Riot: 1d6t4 0
Combat: Inf reroll: 1d6t4 0
(Seriously, no one's rerolls have done any good this game...)

Jacqueline's attempts to speak with the organizers of the protest turns bad. When she arranged a meeting with one of them, she was brought to three sharply dressed men. What bothered her the most of these men was that she couldn't feel any thoughts from their mind, only a constant tick tock tick tock. The noise entrances her for a moment, and she doesn't realize the men have already drawn their guns.

Combat: Str-3 vs 3 Damage, Riot: 1d6t4 0
Flesh Ward: Lor test: 4d6t4 2
(Total, you take 1 damage.)

Using some quick thinking Jacqueline manages to get away, but not before she takes a great deal of bullets in her side. The protective runes push the bullets out like very uncomfortable rubber, but other than the bleeding she'll be fine.

Space 15 (South Africa)

• Debt (Deal - Common, Local Action: Test Inf. If you pass, discard this card. Reckoning: Some men have come to collect on your debt, flip this card.)
  • Amnesia (Madness, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)
(Also Plut, please add the Artifact from last turn)

Charlie doesn't like the idea of using hitmen, especially ones already with the resources to use hit and run tactics with airplanes, but he knows they're effective and the best tool for stopping whatever those clock-faces are doing down under. With his doppelganger still causing a mess in Buenos Aires, Charlie lays low in South Africa, and wanders the streets again to pass the time.

Generic City Encounter - Charlie posted:

A night watchman tells you that a crate of weapons has "gone missing" from his warehouse. You offer him some money to learn more (Inf).
City: Inf test: 4d6t5 2

Generic City Encounter posted:

If you pass, he sends you to an alley. Gain 1 random Weapon Asset from the deck.
  • Carbine Rifle (3, Item - Weapon, 1/round you may gain +5 Str during Combat)
(Nice! As a note, most weapons that give a static +X to Str/Wil during Combat don't have that +X part stack, like Trish's .45 Automatic giving +3 and the Bull Whip giving +1. However the Bull Whip's reroll would stack with the .45 Automatic. The Carbine Rifle is different, since it wording is a little different than all other weapons. Because it's a 1/round effect, our best reading of the rules indicates it stacks with pretty much everything.)

Arkham

• Cursed (Bane, Count test successes only 6+ instead. If you gain Cursed again, flip this card instead. If you gain Blessed, discard both cards. Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 2-, discard this card.)

Somedays Diana feels like the stars just refuse to shine on her. She has her train ticket to meet with Jacqueline in San Francisco tomorrow, leaving her just a little time to look for anything useful left in Arkham.

Arkham Encounter - Diana posted:

As Oliver Thomas is unwrapping a new acquisition for his Curiositie Shoppe, you spot a bit of writting on the wrapping paper. You attempt to decipher the strange runic figures (Lor-2).
Arkham: Lor-2 test: 2d6t6 0
(No cost for failure. All that you missed was getting an Incantation spell.)

Buenos Aires

(Hey, have some music.)

Personal Action: Inf test: 3d6t5 1
(As we worked out, you're getting the Urban Guide.)

"We heard the battle's over here. Here, I'll give you a boost."
"Leo!" His muscular companion calls out to him, leaping down from the wreckage. Is that his name? Leo? Memories start to fade back and he feels the control of the sword vanishing from his mind. He still holds the crimson blade in his hand, but now he has a vague sense of who he is.

(Since you chose to keep your ally, have an Amnesia condition to go with your Sanity loss.)
  • Amnesia (Madness, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)

"Leo! Don't listen to him! He's an impostor!" A voice calls out, and he sees his companion again, on the other side of the makeshift arena. Both companions call out to him, and he is unsure which one is real and which one is this doppelganger he faced before.

Combat: Obs-1 vs 1 Horror, Doppelganger: 2d6t5 1

Through the arguments, Leo looks between the two and notices that the companion that came second has a face that is too clean...too clean for the dirt and the carnage all around them. He raises his scarlet blade. The man's face changes again in a scowl, and Leo knows he made the right choice.

He runs ahead and swing with his sword, catching on the doppelganger's black iron arm. The two stand in place, trying to gain the upper hand as they apply pressure against each other. Eventually the iron cracks and Leo's sword cuts right through the doppelganger's arm. With the doppelganger's stance broken, Leo thrusts with his sword and drives it right through the doppelganger's heart.

Combat: Str-1 vs 2 Damage, Doppelganger: 6d6t5 3

"NO! IT CAN'T END THIS WAY!" The doppelganger staggers, form constantly shifting as the blade shines red. "There is still so much to be done...Yog-Sothoth will return!" The world comes still, and then the doppelganger falls apart, oozing onto the blue fragments from before. The fragments rise into the air, creating a portal.

"I can't...I can't believe it." An unknown voice calls from behind them. Leo turns and it's a man he doesn't recognize. "Hey, I said I would help you get here, never said anything any magic poo poo!"

His muscular companion shrugs, and pats Leo on the back. "C'mon, you took down that crazy freak. You've got this."

(Normally this would be a Void Between Worlds encounter, but we completed those and we don't need to run anymore. So congratulations on being the first one to use an Otherworld Encounter!)

Other World Encounter: The Future - Leo posted:

You find yourself in an unknown place. Large beetle-like creatures swarm over the landscape. You search the charred surroundings to find some central location from which they originate (Obs-1).
Other World Encounter: Obs-1 test: 2d6t5 0

Other World Encounter: The Future posted:

One of the beetles tries to dominate your mind (Wil-1).
Other World Encounter: Wil-1 test: 2d6t5 1

Other World Encounter: The Future posted:

If you pass, you retain your personality but gain memories of other times; gain 1 Clue.
(Note that the gate remains open.)

Sydney

During the middle of the night, Mark stops in place and he knows he's being followed. However, he wasn't expecting what it was that was behind him. A shapeless protoplasmic thing, nearly as big as a subway train. All over the body eyes popped into existence to stare at Mark, glaring at once. Now that it had Mark's attention, playtime was over.

Combat: Wil vs 3 Horror, Shuggoth: 4d6t5 2 (Lose 1 Sanity.)

Whatever it was, Mark quickly fired a shot into it, which seemed to hurt, but then the Shuggoth retaliated by gathering it's ooze together as a tentacle to slap Mark back.

Combat: Str-2 vs 2, Shuggoth: 4d6t5 2

Quickly Mark fired more shots, which seemed to seriously hurt the thing. Before it could attack further it slid down into a drainage channel and away. He knew he would have to quickly hunt the thing down before it healed again.

(You take no damage here, and the Shuggoth is now down to 1 Health. If we don't get a Reckoning this turn, feel free to narrate the hunting part during your next turn's post.)

The Space Time Continuum

:catdrugs:

Strange Worlds Encounter - Silas posted:

You wander from one strange world to another, always at the edge of existence. You believe it is possible to open a portal that can return you to the real world (Lor-1).
Lost in Time and Space Encounter: Lor-1: 1d6t6 1 :drat:

Strange Worlds Encounter posted:

If you pass, place your Investigator on a space of your choice.
:hellyeah:

(No choices this time, except for Silas who got super lucky. Welcome back to reality.

Some of you could have rolled for your actions before hand. If it's a Ritual Spell or an Action requiring a test, you can totally do that on your own. Don't need me to roll for you.)

Mythos Card posted:

Advance the Omen
Monster Surge
Spawn Clues

Omen: Blue Constellations -> Green Comet
The only active Gate is San Francisco, so Doom advances to 11.

Every Green Gate spawns 3 monsters. Only San Francisco is open, so it gets 2 Cultist Monsters and a Byakhee Monster.

Four more Clues enter the field. Istanbul, Space 6 (Midwest America), Space 10 (Mexico), Istanbul, and The Pyramids.

Torn Asunder posted:

Strange forces stretch you in all directions. The portals between worlds are pulling reality apart, and you feel these unearthly energies coming from all corners of the globe.
Each investigator loses Health equal to the number of Gates on the gameboard that correspond to the current Omen.
If there are no Gates that correspond to the current Omen, advance the Omen by 1.

Around the world, cosmic energies twist and turn. The portals opening across in cities around the globe shift and change. No more does Yog-Sothoth rely on them to break into our reality. Now the Ancient One must find another way...but isolating The Lurker at the Threshold from these portals has come at a terrible cost. Unknown to the Investigators, the laylines have shifted, and the planet's energy now flows differently. For those who have been touched by the worlds beyond, the laylines now feel toxic and alien.

(Everyone loses 1 Health. Some of you that got beaten up a bit these past few turns should consider healing. But, we solved the mystery this turn, so now we reveal the second of three mysteries.)

Ancient One: Yog-Sothoth, The Lurker at the Threshold
Omen: Green Comet -> Blue Constellations -> Red Eclipse -> Blue Constellations -> Green Comet
Doom: 11
Mythos Deck: 12 Cards Remain
Reckoning: Each Investigator on a space containing a Gate advances Doom by 1 unless they discard 1 Spell.

Second Mystery: The Beyond One
Yog-Sothoth exists in all places at all times. To any soul foolish enough to seek it, the Ancient One can unlock limitless knowledge and power, but it always comes at a price.
After an investigator resolves a Research Encounter, they may spend 1 Clue they gained from that encounter and place that Clue on this card.
At the end of the Mythos Phase, if there are Clues on this card equal to Investigators (8), solve this Mystery.

Active Rumor: Lost Knowledge - Progress: 2 / 3 Eldritch Tokens Remain
Your contact in the capital is hesitant to speak about those called “The Watches.” He says they work for a number of different governments, but answer to some other authority
When this card enters play, spawn the Tick Tock Men Epic Monster on space 21, and place 3 Eldritch Tokens on this card. When it is defeated, solve this Rumor.
When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, discard all clues on the game board, then each investigator discards all clues.
Reckoning: Discard 1 Eldritch Token from this card.

Board Information
Active Gates: Shanghai (Red), Tokyo (Blue), Buenos Aires (Blue), Instanbul (Green), San Francisco (Green), Sydney (Red)
Clues: 1, 2, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 19, Istanbul, The Pyramids The Amazon, The Himalaya
Expedition: Antarctica
Monsters:
  • (Himalayas) Gnoph-Keh: Wil vs 1 Horror, Str-2 vs 2 Damage, 3 Toughness. Spawns in Himalayas
    Reckoning: Each investigator on this space loses 1 Health.
  • (Heart of Africa) Cthonian: Wil-1 vs 2 Horror, Str-2 vs 3 Damage, 4 Toughness. Spawns in Heart of Africa.
  • (Space 21, Australia) Tick Tock Man, No Horror, Str-2 vs 3, 6/10 Toughness. You cannot spend Clues to reroll dice during this Combat Encounter.
  • (San Francisco) Riot, No Horror, Str-3 vs 3 Damage, 3 Toughness. Before resolving the Str tst, you may attempt to disperse the mob (Inf-1). If you pass, defeat this monster.
  • (San Francisco) Cultist, No Horror, Str vs 1 Damage, 1 Toughness. If you defeat this Monster during Combat, lose 1 Sanity and gain 1 Spell.
  • (San Francisco) Cultist, No Horror, Str vs 1 Damage, 1 Toughness. If you defeat this Monster during Combat, lose 1 Sanity and gain 1 Spell.
  • (San Francisco) Byakhee, Wil vs 1 Horror, Str vs 2 Damage, 2 Toughness. If you defeat this Monster during Combat, you may lose 1 Sanity and move 3 Spaces instead of resolving another Encounter.
  • (Sydney) Shuggoth, Wil vs 3 Horror, Str-2 vs 2 Damage, 1/4 Toughness. Reckoning: This Monster recovers all Health.
Asset Reserve:
  • 1: Charter Flight (Service, Immediately move up to 2 spaces. Then discard this card.)
  • 1: Appeal to the Council (Service, Immediately spend 2 clues to retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.)
  • 2: Bodyguard (Ally, Gain +1 Str. Reduce the damage of Monsters you encounter by 1 (min 1))
  • 3: Witch Doctor (Ally, Investigators on your space recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed Condition when they Rest
  • 0: Bank Loan, Service, When performing Acquire Assets, gain a Debt Condition to add 2 successes.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 3, 2015

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
As Silas likes to say.. gently caress yes! Is there a particular chap who can remove my cursed status.. if so where are you/will you go and please help me >:(

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, there is that Witch Doctor in the Assets pile, so if someone wants to grab that, you can land on their space. On another matter, if someone wants to deal with the gate in Buenos Aires now that there's no monster on it, I can go try and stab everything in San Francisco until it stops moving. Not sure if I want to rest or try and Acquire another ally first though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo, I need to leave San Francisco immediately or get loving killed.

Are Research Encounters specific location encounters, or are they located on Clue Tokens?

Edit: Want to trade cities? I can probably handle the gate in Buenos Aires.

Pretty hurt though....if I got an extra action from Kane, I could rest, and have 3 instead of 2 health, and still be able to hit the Buenos Aires gate.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 3, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If I can get another bonus action from Charlie I can kill this Shuggoth, rest, then go pick a fight with some Clockmen.

Edit; on reflection I'm not hurting as bad as others are, give it to someone else.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 3, 2015

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Not sure how to be helpful at this point. Suggestions? Should I try to bless myself again? Rest? Curses suck.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Kai, if you want to move up to clockmen I can buy a boat ticket and finish off that shuggoth/try to close the portal in Sydney before joining you next turn. It's up to you though don't want to steal the glory.

@Mykkel: You can always roll your influence for that witch doctor, if not i think Plutonis desperately needs to buy that and send it to one of our poor cursed bros.

@LordKoth: super sorry about the mix up there with the item cards D:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Jacqueline Fine, The Psychic – Green Intern
Space: San Francisco > Buenos Aires
Health: 2/4 , Sanity: 8/8
Lor:4 , Inf:2 , Obs:3 , Str:1 , Wil:3
  • Blessed (Boon, Count test successes on 4+ instead. If you gain Blessed again, flip this card instead. If you gain Cursed, discard both cards. Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 2-, discard this card.)
    (Back: Light of Kthanid: Retreat Doom by 1.)
    ---
  • Action: You may trade any number of Clues with any Investigator
  • 1/round when another Investigator gains a non-Common Condition, reveal the back and gain 1 Clue
    ---
  • Flesh Ward (Incantation, 1/round test Lor to prevent an Investigator from losing 2 Health, then flip)
    (Back: Unknown) Will autocast to save a life – otherwise declare before end of turn if want to cast on person taking most damage
    ---
  • Police Ledger, Item, When you Rest, you may also attempt to decipher the ledger (Obs). If you pass, discard this card and gain 1 Clue
    ---
  • 1 Clue (Dreams of Yog-Sothoth)

Jacqueline breathes heavily as the bullets pop out one by one. Things weren't supposed to go this way - her visions showed her cowing the rioters, entering a portal, and leaving safely. What had changed? What went wrong? She couldn't stay in San Francisco, that was for sure. She had already heard unearthly wings flying above her, and she knew that rather more dedicated agents of the great enemy were tracking her down. She makes hasty arrangements for boat travel, and once again finds herself heading back to South America, hopefully to balance the karmic scales before anything else goes wrong for her.

----

Action 1: Prepare for Boat Travel
Action 2: Travel to Space 7, and then use the ticket to get to Buenos Aires. Otherworld Encounter!
CO for possible third action, if given by Kane: Rest, try to decipher the Police Ledger.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

mistaya posted:

Kai, if you want to move up to clockmen I can buy a boat ticket and finish off that shuggoth/try to close the portal in Sydney before joining you next turn. It's up to you though don't want to steal the glory.

Well killing poo poo is sort of what I do and if that means I get beat to hell in the process better me than the rest of y'all. You're better at closing gates than I am anyway.

Also funny thing, I was under the impression that win or lose versus the Shuggoth I'd be sucked into the gate but it turns out I was wrongly assuming how things worked. Had I known that I'd have used my Clue to try and kill it in one go but oh well, live and learn, not gonna make Krysmphoenix redo done deals. Speaking of doing things:

Mark Harrigan, The Soldier – Kai Tave
Space: Sydney
Health: 4/8 , Sanity: 3/4
Lor:1 , Inf:2 , Obs:2 , Str:4 , Will:4
Conditions: Leg Injury
  • Action: You and 1 monster on your space each lose 1 Health
  • You cannot become Delayed or Detained unless you choose to
  • .38 Revolver (1, Item – Weapon , +2 Str during Combat)
  • Kerosene (1, Item, Discard to gain +5 Str during one Combat) Declare before Combat
  • .18 Derringer (Trinket - Weapon, Add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a Str test during Combat)
  • 1 Clue

Mark's hands shook as he swung open the revolver's cylinder, empty casings tinkling against the ground. Well, he'd wanted to hunt monsters...looked like he'd found one.

This wasn't the thing he'd seen during the War though. Christ, if it was he probably wouldn't still be alive. Memories of the last few moments skipped like a broken record in his head, like his mind didn't want to linger to closely on what he'd just seen. He remembered eyes...and mouths. The smell still lingered in the air though, caustic and chemical like the aftermath of a gas attack tinged with rotten meat.

The thing, whatever it was, had thankfully retreated after he'd emptied his revolver into it, burbling in what he hoped was pain. Not for the first time since he'd set out he wished that he had something more fearsome than a pistol at hand, but there was no time for that now. Slowly and carefully he reloaded the revolver, making sure not to drop any bullets as he chambered them one by one, then he unslung the pack from his back and pulled out a bottle of kerosene.

He absolutely didn't want to follow this thing down into the sewers, not a bit, but the last time he'd tried telling the authorities about something like this he'd been rebuffed. No, he didn't want to have to hunt this thing back to its lair but it was either that or leave it to some unlucky sewer worker to stumble across it. One way or another this ended tonight.

Taking a deep breath, Mark hefted the manhole cover aside and descended the ladder.

Hours later he emerged from the sewers once again, alive if slightly the worse for wear. The scent of something foul and alien clung to him, along with the smell of burning kerosene, patches of skin on his hands and arms were burned as if by something corrosive, and his jacket had definitely seen better days, but there was one less monster in the world now.

All Mark wanted to do was crawl into a bed and sleep for a week. Instead he got a shower, several belts of whiskey, and a fitful eight hours of shuteye before dragging himself back out of bed, exhausted and bleary-eyed. Strong coffee helped, but not much. The monster he'd found, strangely enough, hadn't been what Pyotr's notes were so concerned about. There was something else to be concerned with. The last few pages of Pyotr's journal were a bird's nest of newspaper clippings, photographs of gaunt men in hats, and oddly enough an incredibly detailed sketch of Taro's pocketwatch, the one the man had kept incessantly checking throughout the interrogation. This, Pyotr was convinced, was a major point of "convergence," though what that meant Mark had no earthly idea. All he knew was that the coordinates he'd been able to decipher from the Russian's notes led somewhere further north, away from the city and into the wilderness. What it could possibly be he'd find there he had no clue, but if it was anything like what he'd found in Sydney, well...it was a good thing he'd brought more kerosene.

Action 1: Use Mark's special ability to take 1 damage and deal the Shuggoth one damage, killing it. I'm at 4 Health now.
Action 2: Move to Space 21 with the Tick Tock Men. Time to solve this rumor with violence. Can't use my Clue but I'll sure as hell use my Kerosene. Also my Derringer can turn any one 4 I roll into a 5 so I'll definitely be using that as well.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 4, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, I'm fine with swapping cities, Green Intern.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Next turn, I'll try to pick up some ritual spells in Buenos Aires (as well as resting)

This Blessing has been really disappointing so far.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Health: 7/7 , Sanity: 5/5
  • Action: If there is a Cultist on your space either discard all Monsters or move the Cultist to any other space.
  • Wither (Incantation, During Combat test Lor to gain +3 Str for that Combat – then flip))
    (0: Discard this card or gain an Internal Injury Condition. 1: Lose 1 Sanity. 2+: Reroll 1 die during the Str test.) Declare before Combat
  • Blessing of Isis (Ritual, Action: Test Lor-1 to give an Investigator on your space a Blessed Condition. They can't be Blessed already. - then flip)
  • Healing Words (Incantation, When an investigator on your space Rests, test Lor to let them recover an additional Health and Sanity - then flip)
  • Internal Injury (Injury, When you Rest, roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Str. If you fail, flip this card.)
  • Dark Pact (Deal, Reckoning: Roll a die. On a 1, it's time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.)
  • Witch Doctor (Ally, Investigators on your space recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed Condition when they Rest
  • Train Ticket
  • Ship ticket

Diana slowed as she entered the train station. What on earth was Madame Ubungu doing in Arkham? And in cuffs? Diana scurried out the side entrance, and stopped off at Mr. Boggs office.
A few minutes later she was shrot another stack of bills, but re-united with Madame Ubungu, a friend from Senegal, she had met shortly before joining the cult. This changed everything, they headed back to the hotel,
to plan their next actions. Madame Ubungu brought with her two names Yog-Soggoth and a man named Silas needed her help.

Action 1:Acquire Assets: 2d6t6 1 I'll take a debt and the witch doctor. Silas come to Arkham
Action 2: Rest. Gain 1 health. Discard Curse. Test to Discard Amnesia: 1d6t5 1
Test to Internal Injury: 1d6t5 0
Okay, I'll head to San Francisco next turn, if everyone wants to leave it alone, I think I can get rid of the monsters there with my action.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Mykkel posted:

Action 1:Acquire Assets: 2d6t6 1 I'll take a debt and the witch doctor. Silas come to Arkham
New Asset up for Sale
  • 2: Holy Water (Item - Magical, Discard to gain +5 Wil and Str during a Combat Encounter. Action: Discard to give an Investigator on your space Blessed.)
Quirk of the Holy Water is you basically have to choose which effect you want. And remember Blessed can be gained to cancel out Cursed, and vice versa.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I could use that to roll the doom track back one too, given my current Blessed card.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

[quote="TheLovablePlutonis" post="439621903"]
Charlie Kane, The Politician – TheLovablePlutonis
Space: San Francisco
Health: 4/4 , Sanity 8/8
Lor:2 , Inf:4+1 , Obs:3 , Str:2 , Wil:2
  • Action: Another Investigator may immidiately perform one additional action.
  • When you Acquire Assets, you may give cards you purchase to other investigators.
  • Personal Assistant (2, Ally, Gain +1 Inf and reroll 1 die during Inf tests) Used automatically
  • Massa di Requiem per Shuggay (Artifact Item - Tome, Action: Test Lor-1. If you pass, spend 1 Sanity to discard 1 Monster on a space containing a Gate.)
    (Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1, advance Doom by 1)
  • Carbine Rifle (3, Item - Weapon, 1/round you may gain +5 Str during Combat)

Kane... Why is he on South Africa again? He only remembers... Owing something. He spends the night on the hotel, trying to gather his thoughts. He went to this place for a reason, of course, but what is it? Yet, it's useless. He still can't remember a lot of things on the following day, like how he got that book, or that gun. Maybe he needed to give those to someone? He tries to find whoever he owes a debt but it seems that it can't be helped either... drat it! drat it all!

Action 1: Resting to restore SAN. Madness Restore roll: 1d6t5 0 Bleeeh, guess I still have amnesia.
Action 2: Rolling to get rid of the debt. Debt Clear roll: 5d6t5 0 Debt Clear reroll: 1d6t5 0

Orokos you unlimited motherfucker.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Somebody give that holy water to Plutonis, goddamn.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Trish Scarborough, The Spy – Mistaya
Space: Shanghai --> Sydney
Health: 6/7 , Sanity: 5/5
Lor:1 , Inf:3 , Obs:4 , Str:3 , Wil:2+1
  • Action: If you do not have any clues, gain 1 Clue
  • If an Investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, they may reroll 2 dice instead.
  • .45 Automatic (2, Item – Weapon, +3 Str during Combat)
  • Tear Gas, Item – Weapon, Discard to reroll 2 dice during a Str test in combat and reduce the Monster's damage by 2
  • Lodge Research, Ally, When you defeat a Monster during Combat, recover 1 Sanity and gain 1 Clue.
  • Bull Whip (1, Item - Weapon, Gain +1 Str during Combat, and reroll 1 die during Str tests in Combat)
  • +1 Will
  • 1 Train ticket

Action 1: Prepare, getting a Boat ticket.
Action 2: Moving to Sydney with that Boat ticket.

Su Ni Hwan waved a tearful farewell to Trish as they parted at the docks. The Hwan family had promised to continue sending her any information they found that might be of use, and she couldn't thank them enough. Her orders to go to Shanghai had been on the nose, as usual. But now, the Watches were on her mind. No rumor seemed unfounded after all her encounters with the dead, and she was deeply concerned that some sort of creatures had infiltrated her bureau. Off to Sydney then, to put a stop to things before they got out of hand...

Of course, if the sailors were correct, there was trouble brewing in Sydney too.

Attempting to close the gate in Sydney.
PS: Remember to update your HP guys we all lost 1 to the Mythos card.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Silas Marsh, The Sailor – stevey666
Space: Lost in time and space -> Arkham -> Buenos Aires
Health: 7 8/8 , Sanity: 4/4
Lor:1 , Inf:3 , Obs:3 , Str:3 , Wil:3
  • Action: Move 1 space along a Ship path, then perform 1 additional action.
  • If you are on a Sea space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Fishing Net (2, Item, Reroll 1 die for Str tests during Combat; Reduce Monster damage by 1) Used automatically
  • Dynamite, Item – Weapon, Action: Discard to deal 3 damage to each Monster on your space
  • Lantern, Item, 1/round, roll 1 additional die when resolving a test (Will save for last roll on your encounter card, otherwise state if you want it used earlier)

Silas walks between the worlds, longing to go back to that Chinese restaurant.. theres just no good food out here. Concentrating on the lack of good food instead of the horror of everything he is witnessing, Silas manages to clear his mind enough to find a portal out of there. The portal leads to Arkham.

Action a: Move to Arkham
Action 1: Rest - +1 health +Remove Cursed.
Action 2: Acquire Assets again! again!: 3d6t5 1 - Take a Charter Flight to Buenos Aires

Silas lands in Buenos Aires to meet up with Jacqueline, just in case she needs back up.

If you'd like me anywhere in particular for fightymans action let me know. I'm pretty mobile. San fran we can clear with an action so haven't gone there this round.

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 4, 2015

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
New Asset up for Sale.
  • 2: Mystic Bounty Hunter (Ally, Gain +1 Str during Combat, +2 Lor for Spell effects.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Leo Anderson, The Expedition Leader – Lord Koth
Space: San Francisco
Health: 6/6 , Sanity 6/6
Lor:2+(1) , Inf:2+1+(1) , Obs:3+(1) , Str:3+1+(1)+(3) , Wil:3+(1)+(1)
  • Improved Influence (+1)
  • Action: Test Inf to gain 1 Ally from the reserve or discard pile.
  • If you are on a Wilderness space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Hired Muscle (2, Ally, Gain +1 Str and reroll 1 die during Str tests) Used automatically
  • Enchanted Blade, Item - Weapon, Gain +1 Wil and +3 Str during Combat
  • Ship Ticket x 1

Leo sat in his hotel room in Buenos Aires, still disturbed by the strange sights he'd seen through that portal. A portal which was, incidentally, still open. Still, the journey had given him much to think about, and portions of his memory that had become fuzzy following his fight had been clearing up. Perhaps he'd tamed this clearly mystical blade? Still, it was no use sitting around here for long, and as he'd heard of mass riots in the city of the Golden Gate, he figured his talents were more useful there than here. A telegram had arrived this morning stating that Jaqueline was on her way back here too, so hopefully she was more inclined to solving the mystery of this open rift.

Action 1: Rest for +1 Health & Sanity, and trying to remove condition. Remove Amnesia: 1d6t5 1
Action 2: Move to San Francisco, using 1 Ship Ticket.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
[quote="jivjov" post="439630986"]
Norman Withers, The Astronomer – Jivjov
Health: 4/5 , Sanity: 7/7
Lor:3 , Inf:1 , Obs:3 , Str:2 , Wil:5 (4+1)
  • Action: Spend 2 clues to discard 1 Monster on a space with a Gate
  • 1/round, you may spend 1 Sanity instead of 1 Clue
  • Feed The Mind (Ritual, Action: Test Lor-1 to improve 1 skill of your choice for an investigator on your space, then flip)
  • Elder Sign (2, Trinket – Magical, Reroll 1 die during a Wil test in Combat, and reduce the Monster's horror by 1.)
  • +1 Will Improvement

It felt like he had just left...but Norman knew that there was no time to rest. Gathering his things, he headed back to the docks...time to make his way up north , there were murmurs of strange happenings...happenings that needed investigating.

Action 1: Boat Ticket
Action 2: Move through Tokyo to space 19.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Buenos Aires

Jacqueline keeps her introduction brief to Silas, who was already informed of the psychic from Diana. The portal from the Doppelganger still remains active, with Leo having been unable to close it. She knows several cultists empowered the portal in San Francisco, but with the riot reaching it is growing increasingly more difficult, and this portal needs to close before thins get worse in South America. With Silas seeing that Jacqueline is not in the best condition right now, he decides to go into the portal first. Shortly after entering the portal, he is greeted by a set of hideous creatures who strangely peacefully gesture for him to follow.

(Had a tough time figuring out who should go first. Silas is decent at closing gates, but Jacqueline is pretty beat up and would be more likely to benefit from getting a basic Buenos Aires encounter for another spell if Silas manages to close the gate.)

Other World Encounter: Yuggoth - Silas posted:

The mi-go refuse to go near the city of green pyramids. You summon your courage and explore this abandoned area (Wil).
Other World Encounter: Wil test: 3d6t5 0
Lantern reroll: 1d6t5 0 (Seriously, have any rerolls succeeded once this game?)

Other World Encounter: Yuggoth posted:

You run from the pyramids as fast as you can. Until the mi-go return, you need to rely on your own means of survival (Str).
Other World Encounter: Str test: 3d6t5 1
(Your price for passing this test is you don't take damage.)

Silas comes out with his eyes wide, startled. It felt like he was in there for hours yet to Jacqueline it was only a few minutes. When he mentions the pyramids, Jacqueline looks confused and decides to go in herself. But she does not find pyramids, only pure darkness.

Other World Encounter: The Abyss - Jacqueline posted:

The nightgaunts seem intent on keeping you here in the darkness. You do your best to continue climbing out of these terrible depths without alerting them to your presence (Obs).
Other World Encounter: Obs test: 3d6t4 3

Other World Encounter: The Abyss posted:

You reach the trap door that leads from the Abyss to Sarkomand. The journey has only strengthened your resolve. Improve Wil. Now it will require all of your strength to push open the door (Str-1).
Other World Encounter: Str-1 test: 1d6t4 0

Other World Encounter: The Abyss posted:

If you fail, gain a Back Injury Condition
(For you, little bit of good, little bit of bad, and a still open gate. Enjoy the improvement. Here's your back injury.)
  • Back Injury (Injury, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Str. If you fail, flip this card.)

Space 21: Australian Outback

From Pyotr's notes and information by the locals, Mark heads deep into the central wastelands of Australia to find the missing piece to this puzzle. He can't help but scratch his head at the whole matter. As he rents a jeep to move inland, the dealer tells him that he might overhear some strange radio broadcasts, called the School of the Air. It's nothing to worry about, the man explains, saying children this far away from the cities don't have schools to go to and this is the second best thing. With several hours of driving to look forward to, Mark gets curious and tunes the radio. He is greeted by a man lecturing, with a voice that seems to draw the listener in...

"The universe is vast. You are also vast. So is an ant. There are different sizes of infinity."

"If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you."

Up ahead in the outback, Mark sees a radio tower standing in the middle of nowhere, and drives to it. He switches off the radio as he approaches, listening for the tick-tock sound coming from within the building just beneath the radio tower. Calmly he takes in a deep breath and enters. Four men stand around him with clocks for faces, ticking away as they raise their guns to fire at Mark, who fires right back. Inside the man on the radio keeps talking over the intercom.

Combat: Str-2 vs 3 Damage, Tick Tock Men: 4d6t5 2 (After adjustment from the .18 Derringer)

"T̷her͘e's not̨h͢in͜g unde̴r ͞your ̀be̡d.̀ ͏Th͏ere͠'ś ͡n̴ot̛hi̴ng i͘n yo̴u͝ŕ ͢c̀l̢òs͝e͢t.̨ ́Noth́i̶ńg ẁa̢its̢ ͟i̸n t͞he͞ da͏r͢k҉ǹes͝s̸. ͘Nơthin͝g is̴ th̀e̷ ̛m̨o̡s͟t̡ te҉rr̶i̢f̴y̧i̷n͢g ̶th͢ing҉ ̴o҉f all.͠"

"It͝'͘s re͞a̕l̢l̸y͢ ̛a ̕ląc̕k o͢f̧ i͏ḿa̷gina͞ti̡on͠ ͠thàt m͘a̛k͡es̛ ̴ch̴ìldren ch͢ec͘k un͢d͜er̶ ҉the̕ ̶be͞d. ̵Li͏ke ̷th͡e̛ m̴o͞n̨st͢er̀s ̸c̵o̕uldn̕'̴t̴ ͏be͡ ̢f͠loa͜t͟ing͘ ͞inv̶isib̸ly ͝a͡bov͟e ̨you͘?"

Two of the Tick Tock Men fall on the ground, their clockwork hearts ticking their tocks no longer. The two others go deeper inside afraid for their mechanical lives. Mark does not follow them, and pulls out his container of kerosene. He lights his match and flicks it into the pool of fluid, and turns away as the flames ignite the building.

Combat: Using Kerosene on Tick Tock Men: 5d6t5 2

As he drives his jeep away, the radio is silent. It's only when the radio tower is out of sight that he hears from it again.

"҉̸̷L̷e̵̵̕t̶̛́'͏̴s̀ have a҉͡ ͘͟h̸̴éa͢r͠t͠ ̵̴t̢̕o̧ ̡h͢ę̵͞à͢r̀̀͘t̶͢.̢͠ ̷͞H͟e͟͜r͡e̕'̛͠s̸̢ ̵m̵̕i̵̛͡n̡͡é͜,҉͘͞ a̶ń̴d̀ ̷͠h́ȩ͞r̡͞e̸͘҉'͠͏s ̴a ́k͜͟͞n̶͞i͘͡f͠è͠."̷
̸̛
҉"F̛o̸l̡l̸̨ǫ҉͝w͢ ͘y͘ơ͠͠u͘͟r͞ ̕h̸e̡a̵͠r͡t͡.̴̀͜ ̢҉̧It'̀͘͟s̶͢ ̛͟͟e̵a̴̡̡s͏̸y̡͏̶ ̵̸t̴̨o͟҉ ̧͢t̀͝͝r̸̢ac͜k ̸͜͜b̶̴e͠͝͏c̡̀͠a̢͜͞u̴̴s̸̀̕e͠҉ ͠it̛ ̸̀̕c̴̛r̶a͏̀͞wļ̛s̵̛͘ ̨́sl͡͝ó͟w̸͠l̀҉̢y̸͞ ́aǹd̵͘ ͏̛́le̶͟͞a̸ve̵s̕ ̡̀a̸ ̡n҉o̸t̢i̵cȩ͏ab͏̴̀l͝e̸ ̷̨t͜͝҉r̶͘a̧i̢͞ļ̸.̶͏"

(Tick Tock Men take 4 damage. I did the rolls separately for narrative effect, to the game they happened at the same time and Mark takes no damage. But the Tick Tock Men remain with 2 Health. Since they're still on your space, so you don't draw an Encounter card.)

Arkham

Sometimes Diana can't help but feel like the world moves too slowly for her, and wanders the streets once more to kill time until tomorrow's train ride. While on the street, she passes by one of the police officers who questioned her after the indecent at the church. He apologizes for the situation, and mentions how there's been a lot of occult related crimes lately. When he mentions he has some evidence from when he had raid Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, Diana's interest is piqued. She's still uncomfortable about what Jacqueline told her happened with Miriam Beecher and wants to know more.

Arkham Encounter - Diana posted:

The police ask you to examine a book they seized in a recent arrest (Lor).
Arkham: Lor test: 4d6t5 0

While she examines the book, one of the police officers looks at the clock in the room, ticking and tocking loudly away. When the time is right, he turns on the radio. With so much noise in the room, Diana finds it hard to focus.

"I҉f͝ a͡t̀ fir̛s̕t y҉ǫu d͡on̵'̨t ͘sųcceed̡,̴ l͏oók a̧ŗo͘u̴nd̀ ̴a͝n̡d͠ ͠fi̧n͏d͡ out҉ w̢h҉o͝ is tryi̷n͟g͢ ́to sabo͝t̕a͏ge ̀y̴ou wi̶t͢h ͝t͠elep͘a̵thic̷ ͠int̕e͢rfe̕renc̷e. ̛It̡ ̸ìs ̛s҉o͢m̢eo͜ne ̨you̷ ̴k̨n̸ow̴."͞

Arkham Encounter posted:

If you fail, the text proves to be an indecipherable mess of disturbing images; lose 1 Sanity and gain a Hallucinations Condition.
  • Hallucinations (Madness, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)

Space 15, South Africa

While retracing his steps, Charlie returns to the shops he last visited, trying to see what happened to his memory.

Generic City Encounter - Charlie posted:

The shop is robbed while you are browsing! You attempt to fend off the thieves (Str).
City: Str test: 2d6t5 0

Charlie is defenseless to stop the robbers. While hiding, he keeps overhearing a constant ticking noise from the robbers. When they spot him, Charlie is punched in the face and blacks out for a little bit. When the shop keeper wakes him up, he notices something is missing.

Generic City Encounter posted:

If you fail, lose 1 Health and discard 1 Item possession.
(That'd be either the book or rifle.)

Sydney

Upon arriving in Sydney, there is another telegram from Su Ni Hwan, telling Trish that a man named Mark managed to fend off an unusual creature in the sewers and kill it. However, the gate it came from wasn't closed, and Trish finds herself wandering the sewers and finds the red lights of a portal. At least there aren't any skeletons down here. No, this time the body is still partially in-tact.

Other World Encounter: Yuggoth - Trish posted:

You find a dead mi-go that was a carrying a large container of the strange metal known as tok'l. Although valuable, the substance is also extremely heavy, and the container proves difficult to move (Str-1).
Other World Encounter: Str-1 test: 2d6t5 0

The container proves too heavy to carry. Gain a Back Injury Condition. You take only a small sample to study (Lor-1).
Other World Encounter: Lor-1 test: 1d6t5 1

If you pass, the aliens substance gives you insight into the arcane arts: gain 1 spell
(Yay, just what you and your 1 Lor always wanted! Gate's still open though.)
  • Wither (Incantation, During combat test Lor to gain +3 for that combat – then flip this card)

San Francisco

Upon getting off the boat in San Francisco, it's clear the city has gone to hell. The riot has caused a great deal of trouble, and there are people on the streets in robes, praying frantically. Their prayers turn to screams as a monster comes flying at them.

Combat: Wil vs 1 Horror, Byakhee: 5d6t5 1
Combat: Str vs 2 Damage, Byakhee: 8d6t5 4
(Encounters are usually done in your order, but you can take all of them probably, so I decided randomly. I'm throwing this guy at you, then the cultists, then the riot since the last one's probably the hardest for you. So I'm going to assume you don't want to use the Byakhee's ability to fly somewhere else.)

Leo's sword flashes red as the monster approaches, and he calmly raises it to cleave the creature in half. The two people on robes, a man and a woman, stare in awe...then raise their daggers and continue chanting frantically as they charge at Leo.

Combat: Str vs 1 Damage, Cultist (x2): 2#8d6t5 3 4

He regrets that it had to come to violence against other people, though his sword cuts far easily through them than the doppelganger from before. His muscular friend pats him on the shoulder, with a knowing look that says they had no other choice. "At least, maybe we might know what drove them to this madness," he says, picking up the books they had clutched closed to them.

(Lose 2 Sanity and gain 2 Spells.)
  • Mists of Releh (Incantation, During the Encounter Phase, you may test Lor. If you pass, you may choose an encounter and ignore monsters on your space. - Then flip.)
  • Clairvoyance (Incantation, During the Encounter Phase, you may test Lor. If you pass, encounter a Clue as if you are on it's space, ignoring monsters. - Then flip)

The urban guide waves as he returns from his trip around the city. "You're looking for another portal here, right? I know where it is, follow me."

Combat: Inf-1 vs 0 Horror, Riot: 4d6t5 1 (And you don't have to worry about the riot!)

The guide takes him to a few ragged civilians, who call themselves the Silver Twilight Lodge. "The clock faces have been using a portal to bring these abominations through all around the world." Their apparent leader says, cautiously looking at Leo's blade, red not with light but blood. "If you fight your way through the portal, you can close it from the other side." Through the chaos, they guide Leo to the building where the green portal had been raised.

On the other side of the gate, he finds himself in an alien building. Looking out the window, he discovers a city like nothing he had ever seen. Inside the building is a strange laboratory, with various bodies in jars...including one that seems...familiar.

Other World Encounter: City of the Great Race - Leo posted:

You are horrified to realize that the body you are inhabiting in this world is not our own. The shock of seeing yourself in an alien, conical shell threatens to shatter your mind (Wil).
(Hahaha, yes! My favorite Other World Encounter!)
Other World Encounter: Wil test: 3d6t5 0

Other World Encounter: City of the Great Race posted:

THe horrible truth shakes the foundations of your mind. YOu try to banish any knowledge of the arcane from your thoughts, but you lose your grip on reality. Gain a Hallucinations Condition unless you spend 1 Clue.)
(You don't have a Clue, so here's your condition :zoid: )
  • Hallucinations (Madness, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)

Space 19, Eastern Russian

Norman looks down on his map to check his location, uncomfortable with what the hotel receptionist was telling him. He was looking for the hermit's cabin that Mark told him about, but the news is grim.

Research Encounter - Norman posted:

You were told that those who spend the night in this dilapidated cabin are never heard from again. At midnight, you see a ghostly figure gesture for you to follow it. You may spend 2 Sanity and gain a Lost in Time and Space Condition to gain this Clue.

(gently caress, that's a tough. Well, we need 8 successful Research Encounters, and wehave 0 so far...what's it going to be? Will you follow the strange man in the stranger blue box?

Since I messaged you, everyone doesn't have to wait. Let it be known that Norman Withers is the Doctor's new companion.)

• Lost in Time and Space (Restriction, Remove you Investigator token from the game board. You are unaffected by other game effects and cannot move or perform actions. Instead of resolving an encounter, flip this card.)

(Well poo poo. This was a crappy turn. At least there's less monsters in the world.

Charlie, you need to decide what to discard.
Jacqueline, pick one of the new conditions this turn to see the back of.)

Mythos Phase posted:

Advance Omen
Reckoning
Spawn Gates

Green Comet -> Blue Constellations
Doom advances to 10 due to an open blue gate.

Hoo boy, Reckoning...

Monsters: Gnoph-Keh uses Reckoning! But nothing happened...
Ancient One: Each Investigator on a space containing a Gate advances Doom by 1 unless they discard 1 Spell.
-Trish, Jacqueline, Leo, choose a spell to discard.
-Silas, tough luck. Doom advances to 9.
Rumors: Down to 1/3 Eldritch Tokens for the Tick Tock Men...good thing they're almost dead.

Possessions and Conditions...
Charlie's Massa di Requiem Reckoning: 1d6 6 (I guess I should have asked if you want to discard this first...)
Amnesia Reckoning: 2d6t5 0

Forbidden Words posted:

So much misfortune cannot simply be the side effect of simple bad luck. Your recent string of failures must e due to a hex of some kind. The marking you discover on your body confirms your suspicions. At some point, you spoke the forbidden words. Gain a Cursed Condition. Then discard this card.
  • Cursed (Bane, Count test successes on only 6+ instead. If you gain Cursed again, flip this card instead. If you gain Blessed, discard both cards. Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 4+, discard this card.)
Charlie's Debt...

Bag Man posted:

A man surprises you in your hotel room and presses you for information. You fear that if you do not tell him what he wants to know, you'll never be heard from again. You may spend 1 Clue. If you do not spend the Clue, move to a random space and become Delayed. Then discard this card.
(Delayed isn't a Condition exactly. You just can't take any Actions next turn. You have no Clue, so you're also on The Pyramids.)

Diana's Internal Injury Reckoning: 3d6t5 2 Safe
Diana's Dark Pact Reckoning: 1d6 4 Thank goodness.
Diana's Hallucinations Reckoning: 1d6t5 0

The Voices posted:

In the past you've barely been able to hear the whispering at the edge of your consciousness. Now the voices are more audible, you can hear the horrible demands they are making of you. Lose 1 Sanity. Then flip this card.
  • Hallucinations (Madness, When you Rest, roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)
    (Back: Lose 1 Sanity, then flip this card.)
Diana's Debt...

Local Authorities posted:

“Someone was asking about you,” says a fellow traveler. “They said you owe quite a bit of money. Naturally, I said that I didn't know anything, but you may want to find your way to a new town soon.” You attempt to hide from the police (Obs). If you fail, move to the nearest City space and gain a Detained Condition unless you discard 1 Ally Asset. Then discard this card.
Debt: Obs test: 3d6t5 3 (Discard your Debt, you're not detained.)

Jacqueline's Back Injury Reckoning: 1d6t4 0

Fractured Spine posted:

Searing pain suddenly runs up and down your spine. You can barely lift your arms, let alone carry a lot of equipment. It is just too painful to carry them all. Discard all but 1 of your Item possessions. Then discard this card.
(You...uh...lose nothing except your horrific spine injury.)
Jacqueline's Blessed Reckoning: 1d6 2 (Discard Blessed.)
(Also, look for other new Conditions from Reckoning to check the back.)

Leo's Hallucinations Reckoning: 4d6t5 2 Safe

Mark's Leg Injury Reckoning: 4d6t5 2 Safe

Trish's Debt...

Beyond Riches posted:

The man wears a hat and a brown trenchcoat. “We do not want money,” he hisses and grabs at your throat. You feel as if a part of your identity is being stolen from you (Wil). If you fail, a fragment of your soul is ripped away; lose 3 Sanity. Then discard this card.
Debt: Wil test: 3d6t5 1 (Yay keeping your soul!)

Finally, two more Gates spawn.
London (Blue) with a Deep One.
Rome (Red) with a Vampire.

Even in these times of despair, there's always someone looking to make a quick buck...or a few hundred bucks.

Everyone has a Price posted:

He writes the price on a piece of paper and slides it across the table. It's more than you can afford, but you don't have any other options, and this greedy lout knows it.
Each Investigator may gain a Debt Condition to discard 1 Condition.

Charlie, you have Cursed.
Diana, you have Internal Injury, Dark Pact, and Hallucinations. This really isn't a choice.
Leo, you have Hallucinations.
Mark, you have Leg Injury
Norman, this doesn't apply to you.

Ancient One: Yog-Sothoth, The Lurker at the Threshold
Omen: Green Comet -> Blue Constellations -> Red Eclipse -> Blue Constellations -> Green Comet
Doom: 10?
Mythos Deck: 11 Cards Remain
Reckoning: Each Investigator on a space containing a Gate advances Doom by 1 unless they discard 1 Spell.

Second Mystery: The Beyond One
Yog-Sothoth exists in all places at all times. To any soul foolish enough to seek it, the Ancient One can unlock limitless knowledge and power, but it always comes at a price.
After an investigator resolves a Research Encounter, they may spend 1 Clue they gained from that encounter and place that Clue on this card.
At the end of the Mythos Phase, if there are Clues on this card equal to Investigators (8), solve this Mystery.

Active Rumor: Lost Knowledge - Progress: 1 / 3 Eldritch Tokens Remain
Your contact in the capital is hesitant to speak about those called “The Watches.” He says they work for a number of different governments, but answer to some other authority
When this card enters play, spawn the Tick Tock Men Epic Monster on space 21, and place 3 Eldritch Tokens on this card. When it is defeated, solve this Rumor.
When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, discard all clues on the game board, then each investigator discards all clues.
Reckoning: Discard 1 Eldritch Token from this card.

Board Information
Active Gates: Buenos Aires (Blue), Instanbul (Green), San Francisco (Green), Sydney (Red), London (Blue), Rome (Red)
Clues: 1, 2, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 19, Istanbul, The Pyramids The Amazon, The Himalaya
Expedition: Antarctica
Monsters:
  • (Himalayas) Gnoph-Keh: Wil vs 1 Horror, Str-2 vs 2 Damage, 3 Toughness. Spawns in Himalayas
    Reckoning: Each investigator on this space loses 1 Health.
  • (Heart of Africa) Cthonian: Wil-1 vs 2 Horror, Str-2 vs 3 Damage, 4 Toughness. Spawns in Heart of Africa.
  • (Space 21, Australia) Tick Tock Man, No Horror, Str-2 vs 3, 2/10 Toughness. You cannot spend Clues to reroll dice during this Combat Encounter.
  • (London) Deep One: Wil vs 2 Horror, Str-1 vs 1 Damage, 2 Toughness. Reckoning: Each investigator on this space loses 1 Sanity.
  • (Rome) Vampire: Wil vs 1 Horror, Str-2 vs 2 Damage, 3 Toughness. If you fail the Wil test, do not resolve the Str test. If you lose Health from the Str test and this Monster is not defeated, it recovers 2 Health.
Asset Reserve:
  • 1: Appeal to the Council (Service, Immediately spend 2 clues to retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.)
  • 2: Mystic Bounty Hunter (Ally, Gain +1 Str during Combat, +2 Lor for Spell effects.)
  • 2: Bodyguard (Ally, Gain +1 Str. Reduce the damage of Monsters you encounter by 1 (min 1))
  • 2: Holy Water (Item - Magical, Discard to gain +5 Wil and Str during a Combat Encounter. Action: Discard to give an Investigator on your space Blessed.)
  • 0: Bank Loan, Service, When performing Acquire Assets, gain a Debt Condition to add 2 successes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'll write a more detailed IC post later but I can tell you now my actions are going to be 1). Rest and 2). Use Marks ability to deal 1 damage to himself and an enemy leaving the Tick Tock Men at 1. At that point I'm rolling dice. If Krysmphoenix wants he can roll that combat out in advance and let me know whether I completely flub it and someone else needs to waste their turn rolling into the Australia to finish them off or if they can focus their efforts on other things. I've got the Revolver and the Derringer so I'm rolling 4d6 for combat against them and turning any one 4 into a 5.

edit; Krysm you don't need to actually write anything out in detail I mean, just a "you passed/failed" is fine, or you can PM me or whatever.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 6, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That turn was incredibly painful. I'll toss Flesh Ward. Doom is creeping up pretty quickly. I'll peek at Leo's Hallucinations.

Jacqueline Fine, The Psychic – Green Intern
Space: Buenos Aires
Health: 3/4 , Sanity: 8/8
Lor:4 , Inf:2 , Obs:3 , Str:1+1 , Wil:3+1
  • Action: You may trade any number of Clues with any Investigator
  • 1/round when another Investigator gains a non-Common Condition, reveal the back and gain 1 Clue
  • +1 Will Improvement
    ---
  • Bodyguard (Ally, Gain +1 Str. Reduce the damage of Monsters you encounter by 1 (min 1))
    ---
  • Police Ledger, Item, When you Rest, you may also attempt to decipher the ledger (Obs). If you pass, discard this card and gain 1 Clue
    ---
  • 1 Clue (Police Ledger)
  • 1 Clue (Hallucinations of Leo)

Pain. Pain. Jaqueline's back aches with the lingering strain of her recent adventures. Laid up in a local clinic bed, she tries to regain her strength for another attempt at the Gate. But before that...rest. Plenty of rest. She needs all of her strength too - the feather token that had been given to her seemed duller somehow. Whatever wards were placed upon it had vanished. Good things never lasted in this world.

Taking out the old police ledger, she once again tries to decipher its secrets. Perhaps it isn't even relevant anymore, but a mental puzzle is a good distraction from her physical maladies.

Police Ledger: 3d6t5 3

Then with a flash, the meaning strikes her. It is evidence of a worldwide conspiracy of Watchers. No. Watches. These men were everywhere, subtly controlling myriad aspects of society. How had she not seen this before! She hopes that her allies had been more observant.

Closing her eyes, she focuses her will on them all. Leo, Diana, Silas, Norman, Trish, Charlie, Mark. All of them struggling with their own demons and pains. Her presence touches on Leo momentarily. His mind is turbulent and filled with falsehoods. Through all of the lies and untruths, her whispered voice pushes through. "We are all still here, and we are all still alive. Do not give up hope."

After her convalescence, Jacqueline makes a few personal calls. There are many international groups of psychics and occultists in the world, even if only unofficially. She brings the evidence of the Watches forth, and recounts the struggle of her friends; Desperately, she tries to convince the stagnant leaders of the local group to take action. It does not take long before they agree to rally their members, both near and far; the threat to the world is apparent, even to them.

As she leaves, an imposing and sharp-looking man in a tailored suit steps towards her. Introducing himself as Luiz, he says that if she is willing to pay his outstanding debts, he would be happy to assist her personally. Jacqueline decides to trust her hunch, and arranges for what funds she has to be transferred.

Acquire Assets: 2d6t5 2

Action 1: Rest (+1 H/S), and Decipher the Police Ledger. +1 Clue
Action 2: Acquire Assets and take a Bank Loan: take the Appeal to the Council, and spend my two clues to Retreat Doom by 1.
Also Purchase the Bodyguard

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 28, 2015

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Space: Arkham->London
Health: 7/7 , Sanity: 3/5
  • Blessed (Boon, Count test successes on 4+ instead. If you gain Blessed again, flip this card instead. If you gain Cursed, discard both cards. Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 2-, discard this card.)
  • Witch Doctor (Ally, Investigators on your space recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed Condition when they Rest
  • Hallucinations (Madness, When you Rest, roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)
    (Back: Lose 1 Sanity, then flip this card.)
  • Train Ticket
  • Ship ticket

Diana wished the police in town would find someone else to focus on. She was still hearing the wierd radio signal, and now she was hiding in under the pier until she could board a ship headed to London.
She was a bit scared to ask Isis for help, but if Yog-Soggoth was attempting to break into the world, Diana needed to risk it. She pulled
a dove feather from her satchel, and stared at the candle, focusing on the light and making sure she chanted the words correctly this time. She could feel the
warmth of Isis flowing through her into the feather. The Goddess was pleased to her pleas. As the sun set she scurried up from under the pier and headed onto the monstrosity of steel.
Diana hoped the passage to England was smooth and quick. Madame Ubungu was waiting in their cabin.

Action 1:Blessing of Isis: 4d6t5 2 This should help with the Deep One
Action 2: Travel to London

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Trish Scarborough, The Spy – Mistaya
Space: Sydney--->Space 15
Health: 6/7 , Sanity: 5/5
Lor:1 , Inf:3 , Obs:4 , Str:3 , Wil:2+1
  • Action: If you do not have any clues, gain 1 Clue
  • If an Investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, they may reroll 2 dice instead.
  • .45 Automatic (2, Item – Weapon, +3 Str during Combat)
  • Tear Gas, Item – Weapon, Discard to reroll 2 dice during a Str test in combat and reduce the Monster's damage by 2
  • Lodge Research, Ally, When you defeat a Monster during Combat, recover 1 Sanity and gain 1 Clue.
  • Bull Whip (1, Item - Weapon, Gain +1 Str during Combat, and reroll 1 die during Str tests in Combat)
  • +1 Will
  • 1 Train ticket

As much as she hated leaving something undone, Trish knew the clock was still ticking (ugh what was up with the clocks lately?) She needed more information. Shooting monsters was easy, but keeping the otherworld the heck OUT of this one was hard and she didn't want to risk trying again only to fail. Su promised to keep monitoring Sydney's sewers in the meantime. A telegram from HQ told her to head for the tip of Africa. At first she was suspicious of it, but there was a message in a code she thought only two people in the world knew inked down at the bottom. "-signed, a friend"

She wished Mark good luck and headed for Africa.

Discarding my new spell to prevent Doom, so it was useful after all!
Action 1: Prepare, getting a Boat ticket.
Action 2: Moving to Space 15 with that Boat ticket. Trying for the Clue so we can solve the mystery.

Krysm I don't see my back injury in the Reckoning so I probably need one of those.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 7, 2015

• Locked thread