Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Charlie Kane, The Politician – TheLovablePlutonis
Space: San Francisco
Health: 4/4 , Sanity 7/8
Lor:2 , Inf:4+1 , Obs:3 , Str:2 , Wil:2
  • Action: Another Investigator may immidiately perform one additional action.
  • When you Acquire Assets, you may give cards you purchase to other investigators.
  • Personal Assistant (2, Ally, Gain +1 Inf and reroll 1 die during Inf tests) Used automatically
  • Carbine Rifle (3, Item - Weapon, 1/round you may gain +5 Str during Combat)
  • Debt (Deal - Common, Local Action: Test Inf. If you pass, discard this card. Reckoning: Some men have come to collect on your debt, flip this card.)
    (Back: Unknown)
  • Amnesia (Madness, When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Wil. If you fail, flip this card.)

Welp, there goes the book.

Getting punched in the face is bad, but so is the fact that the robbers took the precious book he had as well. It's fortunate that they were just muggers, though. Otherwise, Kane feared the work of assassins... In fact, it's the same kind of fear that makes him take a plane to Cairo as soon as possible. The man from the debt collection agency... Couldn't he see that he was an important man? Er, Kane is an important man, isn't he? He can't remember it very well but... Ah, yes. Senator, yes he is one... From America, of course. That place brings strong feelings on the man, and he knows he must go there ASAP.

Boioioing. Gonna have to skip this due to delayed I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mark Harrigan, The Soldier – Kai Tave
Space: Space 21 (Australia)
Health: 4/8 , Sanity: 4/4
Lor:1 , Inf:2 , Obs:2 , Str:4 , Will:4
Conditions: Leg Injury
  • Action: You and 1 monster on your space each lose 1 Health
  • You cannot become Delayed or Detained unless you choose to
  • .38 Revolver (1, Item – Weapon , +2 Str during Combat)
  • Kerosene (1, Item, Discard to gain +5 Str during one Combat) Declare before Combat
  • .18 Derringer (Trinket - Weapon, Add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a Str test during Combat)
  • 1 Clue

Mark has to confront the distinct but uncomfortable possibility that he's finally losing his mind.

It was bound to happen sooner or later he thinks to himself. He wouldn't be the first person to come unhinged after the War. Men he knew, that he'd fought alongside, left hollow shells of their former selves, screaming themselves awake every night because the nightmares won't stop. He has those nightmares too, but he's never had one during the day before. That's new. Maybe it was the monster that finally broke him, or maybe there never was a monster and he was broken to begin with.

The further he drives into the Australian wilderness the brighter the colors seem to become, an increasingly taut feeling in the air like a wire being stretched tighter and tighter as the sun beats down on him, hotter than any place has a right to be. The voice on the radio warbles in and out of focus, and the static sounds like ticking. It gets in his head and refuses to leave, like a nagging sensation in the back of his mind. God only knows where he's going out here, driving around in the middle of nowhere looking for what exactly? He really must be crazy.

The radio tower rises up like a silver monument reaching for the sky. Maybe it's a hallucination, maybe it's not. He stops the car and turns the radio off. The ticking persists, coming from inside the station. A hallucination is as good a place to start as any. He heads inside and blinks dully, his eyes adjusting to the darkness and he sees them standing there, dressed like men but men don't have clocks for faces...

clockwork men with clockwork minds and clockwork hearts

The ticking grows even louder in his head. The Captain's pocket watch, a gift from his father. Ticking down the minutes between artillery barrages, like counting down to the thunder after the lightning flashes. One one-thousand, two one-thousand...

Two peals of thunder and two of the monsters lie dead, something that isn't blood pooling beneath them as they twitch and shudder like broken gears struggling to work. The others turn and run, cowards. He knows that you have to face death head on, stare it in the eye. Monsters prey on the weak and helpless, but Mark is neither and so they run, afraid for their lives now that someone's fighting back.

It doesn't save them. The kerosene lights easy, flames rushing down the hall like water. Do clockwork men breathe, he wonders. Will it be smoke that gets them first or the fire? He doesn't stay to find out.

He should feel better but he doesn't. The ticking is quieter now but it's still there, lurking in the back of his mind like a wounded animal. He hasn't woken up, not yet. He almost does, blacking out in the car. When he comes to it's night, the stars brighter in the sky than he's ever seen them before. Pyotr tries pointing out the constellations but Mark ignores him. You shouldn't encourage your hallucinations or they probably won't ever leave you alone. Pyotr just laughs and tries to tell him something but all it sounds like is ticking. The hands on the face of the moon have stopped, frozen in a moment in time. 8:40. South by southeast. There, he knows, is where he'll finally finish this one way or another.

The ticking keeps time with the engine as he turns the car around and follows the signs in the sky.

Action 1: Rest. Back up to 5 health and 4 Sanity.
Action 2: Use Mark's action to trade damage, back down to 4. Time to finish this fight.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

mistaya posted:

Krysm I don't see my back injury in the Reckoning so I probably need one of those.
Back Injury Reckoning: 3d6t5 1 you pass.

• Back Injury (Injury,When you perform a Rest action, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+, discard this card. Reckoning: Test Str. If you fail, flip this card.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Goddammit mistaya and taking that Research Ally! 5 clues, man, 5 clues already. :argh:
Discarding Mists of Releh to avoid Doom.

Leo Anderson, The Expedition Leader – Lord Koth
Space: San Francisco
Health: 6/6 , Sanity 5/6
Lor:2+(2)+(1) , Inf:2+1+(1) , Obs:3+(1) , Str:3+1+(1)+(4) , Wil:3+(1)+(1)
  • Improved Influence (+1)
  • Action: Test Inf to gain 1 Ally from the reserve or discard pile.
  • If you are on a Wilderness space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Hired Muscle (2, Ally, Gain +1 Str and reroll 1 die during Str tests) Used automatically
  • Urban Guide (4, Ally, If you are on a City Space, investigators on your space roll +1 dice for tests, excluding Other World Encounters).
  • Mystic Bounty Hunter (Ally, Gain +1 Str during Combat, +2 Lor for Spell effects.)
  • Enchanted Blade, Item - Weapon, Gain +1 Wil and +3 Str during Combat
  • Clairvoyance (Incantation, During the Encounter Phase, you may test Lor. If you pass, encounter a Clue as if you are on it's space, ignoring monsters. - Then flip)
  • Ship Ticket x 1

After the guilt from killing fellow humans, though my no means the first, and stumbling from the portal feeling like he'd just been to another tribal welcoming ceremony, Leo knew just what to do to fix himself right up. One trip to the nearest bar and several drinks later, and he was feeling good again, if still concerned about that gaping hole in reality. And it didn't look like someone more experienced in the field would be coming this time either, so perhaps he should stick around this time. His new companion seemed interested in seeing this other world too. He'd seen him the corner of the bar bedecked like some sort of vampire hunter or similar, and the man had simply slightly smiled before concurring and offering to join.

Action 1: Rest for +1 Sanity, plus trying to remove Hallucinations. Remove Hallucinations: 1d6t5 1
Action 2: Rolling Inf for Personal Action.San Fran: Personal Action: 4d6t5 3
-Grabbing the Mystic Bounty Hunter

Not really seeing a better plan, since we do need portals closed, and I can't realistically get to an impending one.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Are research encounters more likely to show up on certain spaces? I'll try to get on that as soon as I close this portal. Assuming I even do. I think the tick tock me really were cursing our luck.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Green Intern posted:

Are research encounters more likely to show up on certain spaces? I'll try to get on that as soon as I close this portal. Assuming I even do. I think the tick tock me really were cursing our luck.

Nope, Research Encounters are completely random, with the slight caveat that you're supposed to manage the clue discards such that they become slightly less common on spaces where they already appeared (There are at least 2 clue tokens for each space on the board)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Since normally Clue tokens go on the board, and I can't isolate any game pieces in case we want to play it at the house, I've been making sure that no clue tokens go on a space with one already to keep things reasonably random and spread out.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Silas Marsh, The Sailor – stevey666
Space: Buenos Aires
Health: 8/8 , Sanity: 4/4
Lor:1 , Inf:3 , Obs:3 , Str:3 , Wil:3
  • Action: Move 1 space along a Ship path, then perform 1 additional action.
  • If you are on a Sea space, Investigators on your space roll +1 die for tests
  • Fishing Net (2, Item, Reroll 1 die for Str tests during Combat; Reduce Monster damage by 1) Used automatically
  • Dynamite, Item – Weapon, Action: Discard to deal 3 damage to each Monster on your space
  • Lantern, Item, 1/round, roll 1 additional die when resolving a test (Will save for last roll on your encounter card, otherwise state if you want it used earlier)
  • Ship ticket x 1

Pyramids, it had to be pyramids didn't it.. Silas, not being a particular fan of Egyptian architecture fails to summon the courage to explore and runs desperately looking for the weird alien creatures to try and get the hell out of there. He makes it, a little shaken but he survived. Drinking a shot of spice rum while Jacqueline rubs her sore back, Silias makes a vow to himself to stay put until this drat place is clear and nobody else has to see pyramids again. He hits is lamp, stupid thing, hoping that it will not fail him this time.

Action 1: Asset roll to grab something useful!: 3d6t5 1
Action 2: Prepare to travel (+1 ship ticket)

Will wait to see updated asset list, maybe take a loan if there's something good

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Egad, sorry for not posting the past couple of days. Been kept busy with various things, including jivjov buying 7 Wonders and getting literally everyone in the house and a lot of our friends addicted to it. :argh: Was working on a post right now when I realized oh poo poo, I never updated the asset list!

stevey666, here's the asset list. You got a 1 on your roll and...everything costs 2. Welp.
  • 2: Holy Water (Item – Magical, 2, Discard to gain +5 Wil and Str during a Combat Encounter. Action: Discard to give an Investigator on your space Blessed.)
  • 2: Syndicate Agent (Ally, 2, Gain +2 Str during Combat and reroll 1 die during a Str test during Combat.)
  • 2: Holy Cross (Item, 2, Gain +2 Wil during Combat.)
  • 2: Axe (Item – Weapon, 2, Gain +2 Str during Combat. Spend 2 Sanity to reroll any number of dice during a Str test during Combat.)

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
well FINE be like that. I shall buy nothing. ;(

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Has the world been devoured?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
No...I've just run out of energy. Got hit with a pretty bad funk, and getting out of it is slow. Right now I kind of need to free up some of my time and managing this game takes a lot of work.

Sorry guys, don't think I'm going to be able to continue the game going. As a proof of concept though, I think it works well but I just don't have the time and energy to keep up consistently.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

If you don't have time, then you don't have time.Thanks for running it as long as you did. I'm sure it was a tremendous bit of time and effort.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Can I at least find out what killing the Tick Tock Men would have done for us?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
If you can find it in your heart to finish the round then green intern can finish the game off for you buddy! He's the good sort!

Thanks for running it this far though, i dont envy the task!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Can I at least find out what killing the Tick Tock Men would have done for us?

Oh I don't know, I came up with what happens in the Encounters on the spot. If you didn't kill them off, swarms of tick tock men and brainwashed followers would have robbed you in the night, with news reports of various occult people who had helped you in the past being murdered. Not sure what would have happened if you had.

stevey666 posted:

If you can find it in your heart to finish the round then green intern can finish the game off for you buddy! He's the good sort!

Well, here's the problem with that. I've kept the back of everyone's cards and every single mythos card documented in spreadsheets so I make sure repeat cards don't come up. If I give this information to one of the players, then you know what's going to happen and that ruins the fun.

Otherwise, I'm willing to pass this off to a third party if they want to continue on.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh I don't know, I came up with what happens in the Encounters on the spot. If you didn't kill them off, swarms of tick tock men and brainwashed followers would have robbed you in the night, with news reports of various occult people who had helped you in the past being murdered. Not sure what would have happened if you had.

No sorry, I meant what's the effect mechanically. Like, would killing them before the last Eldritch Token got removed do anything beneficial on top of "the clue tokens don't go away" or was that it?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

No sorry, I meant what's the effect mechanically. Like, would killing them before the last Eldritch Token got removed do anything beneficial on top of "the clue tokens don't go away" or was that it?

Nope, that's it. The Clue tokens don't go away, which considering the vast amount of tokens on the board and the second Mystery...yeah, you would have been screwed if the Eldritch Tokens went away.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

stevey666 posted:

Thanks for running it this far though, i dont envy the task!

I doubt I would have the time to run this either.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I actually bought the game because of this thread. And I'd hate to see it go unended. I might not match the quality, but I could try to finish it up. Updates might not be as quick though.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Shogeton posted:

I actually bought the game because of this thread. And I'd hate to see it go unended. I might not match the quality, but I could try to finish it up. Updates might not be as quick though.

Do you have the Forsaken Lore expansion? I can send you all my "used card" resources via PM if you do.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I do actually. I kind of.... had a moment of weakness in the gaming store. (bye bye big amount of Christmas money)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

For what it's worth, I was very, very impressed with the quality of the thread. Running EH is hard work - each update took me a few hours at a go and I wasn't even embellishing everything. I'd love to pick up the thread, but unfortunately I'm in the middle of planning a major move and wouldn't have the time for at least a month-plus as I move and settle in.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Shogeton posted:

I do actually. I kind of.... had a moment of weakness in the gaming store. (bye bye big amount of Christmas money)

Alright, sending you an pm

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

All right, working on this. Give me a bit of time to make sure I don't make any gently caress ups. (I will likely make a gently caress up somewhere.)

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

All right, a question. Are Jacqueline and Silas both making a run for the gate? Just want to make sure I'm doing all this correctly.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Yep, I assumed if you were on the space you had to do the encounter. Silas went first previously as there was more chance of success i guess? I think thats how krys ran it

(Also thanks for picking this up!)

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 16, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Reading the rulebook, I'm pretty sure that you don't have to do a token encounter if you don't want to. So if someone feels really worried about having a gate encounter, they could always just pick a location encounter as well. But considering gates are pretty important to close, I was thinking you'd probably want to jump in.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Yep, Jacqueline was aiming for the gate. If it happens to be closed before she gets her shot at it, a normal encounter for her space is also good! Thanks for picking this up.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Question for Mykkjel/Diana. Can I assume you want to use Wither on any combat until stated otherwise?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Yes. that would be correct. and thanks for picking this up!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

I'm writing form the assumption that you'll go into the gate in London. It'll be a bit before I'm ready, so if that is false, give me a heads up.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Also, Steve, since you didn't buy anything, you may discard one of the items in the reserves if you want to.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
They're all useful from what I gather, so unless anyone has objects before the update i don't get rid of any

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Buenon Aires

After recovering from their first encounter, Jacqueline and Silas once again stand near the Gate, determined to repair reality here, counting on their allies elsewhere to prevent the situation from getting worse elsewhere. Again, the sailor goes first. On the other side of the gate, he encounters a cavern, the heat inside nearly unbearable. In it, two bearded men, dressed in robes seem to be measuring Silas up, and they do not seem to approve.

"Other World Encounter The Dreamlands posted:

In the cavern of flame, the bearded priests Nasht and Kaman-Thah warn you that it is too dangerous to continue. You insist that you possess the knowledge you need and are resolved to enter the Dreamlands. (will -1) roll 1 additional die for each clue you have)

Other World Will test: 2d6t5 0

"Other World Encounter The Dreamlands posted:

The gods of dreams exile you back to the waking world and punish you for your overreaching ambition. Your dreams and the waking world become indistinguishable. Become Delayed and gain a Hallucinations condition.

Once Silas returns, he is once again disturbed. But unlike the previous time, returning to Buenos Aires seems to gather him little respite, as he seems to drift in and out between seeing the hotel room, and the visions of nightmares freely.

Not sure how to use the lantern. If I read the card, it isn't a reroll as much as a one-time +1 bonus which I'm thinking has to happen before the roll. I assumed, reading the thing on your post, that I should use it on the 'second' test, which there would have been, had you made the first.
Jacqueline, somewhat resolved now that she knows she does not stand alone. Helping Silas calm down, she looks at her bodyguard, gives a grim nod and goes in, determined to heal the wound the Doppelganger had made in the world on its entrance once and for all. Yet once she went in, there was a moment of darkness. And when she woke up, she could no longer feel the lingering pain in her back. In fact, she could not feel her body at all.

"Other World encounter: City of the Great Race posted:

You are horrified to realize that the body you are inhabiting in this world is not your own. The shock of seeing yourself in an alien, conical shell threatens to shatter your mind. (Will)

Other World Will test: 4d6t5 1

But Jacqueline knew that the body is but the home of the self. Strange as this experience may be, her mind is still her own.

You steel yourself against the horrors of this alien body and try to recall the knowledge necessary to build a device that will return you to your body. (Lore)

Other World Lore test: 4d6t5 3

If you pass, the machine works; close this gate. If you fail, the machine malfunctions; lose 2 health.
The machine looks complicated, but with study, she can figure it out. Among the advanced technology, parts of it run on oddly anachronistic methods. Clockwork.
Gate is closed. You may also take a peek at the Hallucination of Silas and gain a clue if you want. Also, I just now realized that this encounter has actually already happened. Ah well. The Mi Go have a lot of folks I guess.

The Outback
It was time to finish the fight. The car radio seemed to call to him, the barely comprehensible voice taunting him, inviting him, mocking him. The tick tock always counting. Counting down to something? Counting up something? Who knew?
When he arrives at the radio-tower, he hears the ticking from within, along with that eternally calm voice. Eager to go in, he kicks open the door, gun at the ready...

Only to find himself aiming at a recorder, playing the tick-tocking loud enough to drown out the softer one... right behind him.

Pain erupted in his head, and he fell to the ground. Looking up, he saw that clockface, and he saw the muzzle of the gun. His own pistol was too far.
"Time to die, soldier." That eyeless gaze was on his face, wanting to see his fear, his despair.
Which meant he didn't keep it on Mark's sleeves, where the small derringer was hidden.

Combat Str -2 VS 3 damage Tick Tock Men: 4d6t5 1 but only because of the .18. Mark takes 2 damage, Tick Tock men are dead. Rumor discarded.

After that, Mark retreated, leaving the radio station an empty, burned down husk, with nothing but wreckage. The heat kept pressing, and he soon found his food had gotten rotten. Badly injured as he was, it was almost too stupid. Was he going to die of starvation or food poisoning after all this?

Generic Wilderness posted:

Your food has gone bad and there's no place nearby to purchase more supplies. If you want to eat, you'll have to hunt for your meal (obs -1)
Random Wilderness Encounter obs-1: 1d6t5 1
[quote="generic wilderness"]If you pass, the meal invigorates you; recover 2 health. If you fail, you have to make due with the rancid food; gain a poisoned condition
But perhaps nature itself was backing him, or perhaps he was just lucky. But he managed to take out enough wildlife to roast himself a nice meal. The stars were beautiful here. And there was no more tick-tocks. the guns went silent. No more artillery shells to fall. At least, for this moment in time.

Mark regains the 2 health he lost. Lucky

London

Arriving in London, Diana went to search for the Gate you knew was there. Between your contacts in the Lodge, Madame Ubungu's senses and the luck from the Goddess who had forgiven any earlier slights, she could track it down. This particular gate was hidden under the surface of the Thames. Yet newspapers of less repute spoke of monsters that dwelled within those waters.
Reading the descriptions, Diana knew it was too much to hope for that this was just the result of panic and alcohol. As she prepared to swim, she was assaulted underwater.
Combat VS Deep One
Combat Will VS 1 horror: Deep One: 1d6t4 1
Casting Wither: 5d6t4 3
Combat Str-1 VS 1 damage Deep one: 5d6t4 1
Wither Reroll: 1d6t4 1
Dead Deep One. And rerolls actually helping this turn.

But she had power, she had experience, and she had purpose. The Deep One grasped at her feet, but its muscles turned to nothing but dry, twigs as he pulled. And so she swam further, right into that underwater gate.

She swam through darkness, coming upon land, yet there was still no light. And then, all of a sudden, the lights that went on where the bright glare of stage lightning.

Other World Encounter Lost Carcosa posted:

Turning the corner, you suddenly find yourself on stage. Other actors speak their dialogue, and look at you expectantly. Someone offstage passes you a script, but the text is difficult ot interpret. (lore-1)
Other World Lore test: 4d6t4 3 (accidentally gave you one die etoo much here. Not gonna make anything of it considering you rolled 3 successes.)
She thinks you know the play in question. And she sincerely hopes she only needs to play out the first Act. But she has played many roles over her days, and it's not been the first time that much depended on her convincing someone of her role.

Other World Encounter posted:

The audience applauds your performance and the curtain falls. Close this gate. You consider sticking around for the second show in hopes of picking up details you missed hte first time. You may become delayed to gain 2 clues.
When she returns to her world and the surface, Madame Ubungu smiles. She has a radio with her. The radio is silent. The clock stopped ticking. That's good... hopefully.

Capetown
Orders are orders. If you keep trying to react to the enemy, you'll fall eventually. And so, Trish arrives in South-Africa. Keeping her ears to the ground, she hears that the suspect of robbing an influential American senator was found dead. As if his heart had just stopped ticking. He apparently had on him a list, on it the name of a bookstore. But no address.

City research Encounter posted:

Thrish: You hear of a bookstore that sells extremely rare volumes, but it is in an area that is very difficult to navigate (obs-1)
City Research encounter Obs -1: 3d6t5 1

It takes more than some unhelpful locals and warren-like streets to put Thrish off her trail though.

"City Research encounter posted:

if you pass, gain this clue and 1 Tome Artifact. If you fail, you get lost; become delayed

She doesn't find any of the possessions of the senator, but she does find some other writings that could be of great interest.

Acquire T'Tka Halot: Item - Tome: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 sanity to choose 1 monster in your space to lose 3 health. I assume the clue goes on the Mistery

The Pyramids

How did it come to this? An American senator, hiding in Cairo. But his memories were correct, right? In the shadows of the Great Pyramids, Charlie Kane slept. The obelisks here reminding him of the Washington Monument.

Wilderness Research posted:

You dream of being in all places and existing at all times. You know that you will wake up soon, so you use this heightened state to explore significant times and places (lore)
Wilderness Research Encounter Lore: 2d6t5 1
What does one look for when one can look everywhere and everywhen? Charlie Kane likely has some things he'd like to see. And he learns a good deal from it.

Wilderness Research posted:

If you pass, gain this clue. If you fail, your memories have been changed when you wake up; gain an amnesia condition.
Clue get: Second this turn

San Fransisco

The city is still in shock of the massive bloodshed that occurred. Special mourning services are kept everywhere. But Leo and his have no time for mourning. If that gate isn't closed, this will happen again. And worse will happen. So, gathering his allies, he once again goes in, finding himself in a city made of basalt. After a short while, you find someone who can give you assistance. Apparently he was here selling rubies.

"Another World Encounter The Dreamlands posted:

In Dylath-Leen, a suspicious looking thug in a dark robe offers you his help. However, he warns you that he's a fugitive being hunted by the prince's agents and will require your protection (str -2)
Other Worlds Strength test -2: 2d6t5 1
Bloodshed. Once again. It gets easier.

Another World Encounter The Dreamlands posted:

You defend the man from his assailants and he gratefully invites you aboard his galley to return you to the waking world. Close this gate. As you speak to him, it is clear he knows many forgotten truths. You may become delayed to improve Lore.

The man know what Leo's fighting. And while he can't stay with him, he does offer his help.
Lost in Time and Space

Never has Norman dared to dream to see the stars from this perspective. But if he navigates by them, he might be able to find his way back. Wait a minute, those are not stars.

Lost in Space and Time posted:

Swarming Masses: Among a swirling mass of stars, you discover swarms of alien beings that feast upon one another without hesitation. You try to find your way home without being notices (Obs-1).
Lost in Time and Space Obs-1: 2d6t5 1

Lost in Space and Time posted:

If you pass, place your Investigator on a space of your choice. If you fail, spawn 1 Gate and resolve a Monster Surge on that space; then place your Investigator on that space and become Delayed. Then discard this card.

Norman: Pick a place to land.
Jacqueline: Look at Silas' card and gain 1 clue?
Mythos phase later. Gonna first give it some time to see if I hosed up something.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Yep, I'll take a look at the back of the Hallucinations and snag the clue. I don't see any other conditions that have popped up, so the choice isn't really a choice.

Edit: I'm not clear on how the current Mystery works. I'm at work right now so I can't really spend the time to go back and check. I think we've definitely earned a couple of points towards solving it, though. It's a nice change from the last round.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 16, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Current Mystery is when you get a clue from solving the clue encounters you can put it on the card, and when it has 8 clues we beat it. We got 2 this turn, and got rid of the Clockmen too, and closed a bunch of gates, and Norman got out of Time and Space, so it was a really good turn all in all.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also am I misremembering or does Norman get two clues of his own now that he's back from his trip?

e; One clue, looks like.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 17, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Also, the player for Leo gets to pick whether he wants to get Delayed to improve Lore.

As to Silas new Hallucinations:
The back side reads:
Abducted: Everyone told you the beings were a figment of your imagination. Now the creatures have come in your dreams to steal your soul away to another world. Gain a lost in Time and Space Condition.

You probably wanna lose that one, yeah. And Jacqueline gets a clue. Technically, I suppose you could have wanted to keep it in case someone gets a condition in the mythos phase. Probably could have auto resolves it, yeah.

And, just remind me, what does Norman get Clue tokens for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shogeton posted:

And, just remind me, what does Norman get Clue tokens for?

Phoneposting so quoting is a bit hard but it's in Krysm's last full update. Norman got lost in time and space via a research encounter that said he could spend 2 sanity and become lost in order to gain a clue afterwards.

• Locked thread