Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Heroes of Might and Magic 2

I discovered the game purely by chance thanks to a PC Gamer demo disc when I was about 12 or 13. I spent a couple of weeks playing the one map included in the demo over and over again until I got a chance to buy the full version. I then introduced it to my circle of friends, and for the next year or so we were constantly getting together to play hot seat games all day and into the night, usually filled with alliances, cease-fires, back-stabs, and betrayals. It was also my single-player game of choice during that time, and I'm pretty sure I've played nearly every campaign & individual map between the original game and its expansion.

Heroes 3 may have been a superior game mechanically, and I still put a lot of time into it, but by the time it came out my friends and I weren't quite as willing to forfeit weeks of our lives to play the big, epic maps like we used to. And I'll always contend that the cartoony graphics and animations of 2 were far more aesthetically pleasing than the bland rendered style that 3 used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread