Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Great White Hope posted:

Everybody should memorize Hanlon's Razor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Ramon's Razor specifies that this doesn't apply to carnies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Codependent Poster posted:

Your thinking is dumb because they booked Reigns terribly last night, too. It's just clearer and clearer that the writers have no idea how to, or just simply refuse to put over anyone strongly but Cena.

You say the writers but I think you mean Vince.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Great White Hope posted:

Everybody should memorize Hanlon's Razor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

One should also never presuppose the absence of malicious idiots.

Imagine I posted an image of Kevin Dunn here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's really commendable how much Ziggler is doing his best to put over the IC title, and make it relevant again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dexo posted:

It's really commendable how much Ziggler is doing his best to put over the IC title, and make it relevant again.

Can you really give Ziggler credit for this? I assumed it was just Vince wanting to push Ziggler / IC Title for the next couple weeks until he gets distracted by something new.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Any news on Roman? He looked really hurt after his match with bog haus. I don't understand why they put the guy fresh off healing from a hernia in a program where he has to lift the heaviest man they own. I don't like Roman and hope he goes away but not because of injury :(

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Can you really give Ziggler credit for this? I assumed it was just Vince wanting to push Ziggler / IC Title for the next couple weeks until he gets distracted by something new.

At least he's taking the ball and running with it while he's got the chance. I'd like for his promo game to step up but that's obviously up to the writers and they've got bigger fish to not know how to fry.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Paper Lion posted:

Any news on Roman? He looked really hurt after his match with bog haus. I don't understand why they put the guy fresh off healing from a hernia in a program where he has to lift the heaviest man they own. I don't like Roman and hope he goes away but not because of injury :(

Well when Cena came back from elbow surgery he immediately did a bench press PR so maybe Roman should stop whining and start grabbing some brass rings!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Well when Cena came back from elbow surgery he immediately did a bench press PR so maybe Roman should stop whining and start grabbing some brass rings!

But those rings are the only thing holding his stomach together.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
Anyone else see this rumour they're exploring a backup option of having someone else win the Rumble instead of Reigns after seeing him get lukewarm reactions since coming back? Think they might be spooked about having another revolt like with Batista last year? Or are they dead set on Reigns headlining WM? Thoughts?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ho Ho Hogan dancin' away to Cena's music was pretty great, why did no one mention this?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ScottyBomb posted:

Anyone else see this rumour they're exploring a backup option of having someone else win the Rumble instead of Reigns after seeing him get lukewarm reactions since coming back? Think they might be spooked about having another revolt like with Batista last year? Or are they dead set on Reigns headlining WM? Thoughts?

I'm betting it will be Daniel Bryan. Cena will beat Brock. Then we have Bryan vs. Cena for Wrestlemania (and they can go back to Brie vs. Nikki and tie in Total Divas like I'm sure they'd love to).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ScottyBomb posted:

No because last night excepted his reactions have actually been really good. Why are people so bound and determined to act like he's not over?

That said if they were, Bryan is a solid bet.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ScottyBomb posted:

Honestly right now I would love it if Ziggler won the Rumble. He's been winning matches, the crowd has always loved him, he has good momentum now.

With Mania being on the Network, the buyrate isn't even that big of a deal anymore. So you don't necessarily need to put a special attraction on top, as opposed to previous years when all we'd talk about is Rock or Austin possibly main eventing.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No because last night excepted his reactions have actually been really good. Why are people so bound and determined to act like he's not over?

That said if they were, Bryan is a solid bet.

Don't misunderstand - I'm still firmly behind all three Shield boys. I think Roman has some development still to do, but I'm cool with him getting a monster push.

That said, I can see why some people are reacting negatively to him because they resent that he's being kinda force fed to them, rather than organically growing into the top spot.

Is Bryan going to be ready to go by Rumble?

triplexpac posted:

Honestly right now I would love it if Ziggler won the Rumble. He's been winning matches, the crowd has always loved him, he has good momentum now.

I saw Ziggler and Ambrose being speculated on as a plan-B due to them getting strong fan reactions right now - not sure I totally buy it, though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

How can you possibly say Reigns is getting lukewarm reactions while Ambrose is getting positive when Reigns' reactions are almost always significantly bigger and better than Ambrose's?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

After last night I kind of feel like Ziggler is the contingency plan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

How can you possibly say Reigns is getting lukewarm reactions while Ambrose is getting positive when Reigns' reactions are almost always significantly bigger and better than Ambrose's?

I wish this wasn't true but it is. :( And I LIKE Reigns.

sportsgenius86 posted:

After last night I kind of feel like Ziggler is the contingency plan.

:lol: Cena would beat Brock and then beat Ziggler so hard if they did that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I would much rather have Dean win the Rumble. Win the Title, and then have Rollins cash in on Dean at WM restarting their blood feud. The amount of heat Rollins would have would be goddamn amazing, and Dean has shown that he can take losses and gently caress finishes and still maintain fan interest.

It won't happen but fantasy booking :shrug:

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
Yo, RAW may be terrible and commercial breaks are more like mental health breaks but the second screen stuff via the WWE app has some of the best segments going during those breaks. Just bizarre unscripted stuff that makes you like guys like Titus O'Neil and the New Day way more than their TV stuff ever will. Also the BOOGEYMAN showed up last night. It was a magical time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dean Ambrose has a feud with Wyatt to lose so chances are he's not going to be in the Rumble

It would be amazing if for a second year in a row fans loudly objected the chosen Rumble winner in favor of the guy currently in a go-nowhere feud with Bray Wyatt but sadly I think a lot of people are actually behind Roman Reigns

I hate you, Roman Reigns!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

That DICK! posted:

Dean Ambrose has a feud with Wyatt to lose so chances are he's not going to be in the Rumble

It would be amazing if for a second year in a row fans loudly objected the chosen Rumble winner in favor of the guy currently in a go-nowhere feud with Bray Wyatt but sadly I think a lot of people are actually behind Roman Reigns

I hate you, Roman Reigns!
Its going to be funny/sad when a year after everyone was cheering on Roman to win the Rumble that everyone is just going to boo and hiss at him for this one.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My favorite part of WWE is laughing at Ziggler's promos. They should go all out and change his entrance music to The Entertainer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The local advertisements for Raw here next week are claiming a main event of John Cena and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins and the Big Show. Obviously card subject to change.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whether or not Roman Reigns is irredeemable nepotistic garbage who is personally robbing us of the Ambrose and Ziggler pushes, at least since returning from Gut Explosion Fiesta he has been on WWE TV more than Florida Georgia Line, which is more than you can say for certain current WWE World Heavyweight Champions I could mention.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

Its going to be funny/sad when a year after everyone was cheering on Roman to win the Rumble that everyone is just going to boo and hiss at him for this one.

I really wanted Roman to win last year, but yeah this year I'm not feeling it haha.

Even my brother, the most casual of WWE fans, is kind of resentful of Reigns for some reason. He only watches PPVs and follows along with WWE.com and stuff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Whether or not Roman Reigns is irredeemable nepotistic garbage who is personally robbing us of the Ambrose and Ziggler pushes, at least since returning from Gut Explosion Fiesta he has been on WWE TV more than Florida Georgia Line, which is more than you can say for certain current WWE World Heavyweight Champions I could mention.

Sorry but Daniel Bryan was stripped of the title months ago. You may have missed that segment.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Some of you are trying way way too hard to dislike Reigns. He's not prefect, but you're making GBS threads on everything he does, all because Vince likes him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

fariz posted:

Some of you are trying way way too hard to dislike Reigns. He's not prefect, but you're making GBS threads on everything he does, all because Vince likes him.

Why do I have to like a guy

Why is it wrong to dislike a guy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i dislike the guy because he's clearly much less entertaining than either Seth or Dean but *BIG* so he gets pushed to the moon? His style is utterly bland, compared to someone like Dean who is quite obviously much better at his craft and therefore deserving of the god push that Reigns is currently getting. hate is a pretty strong word but i dont think its unreasonable for a smark not to be in to reigns.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't hate Reigns. I don't like him, but I don't mind him. Is that how I'm supposed to feel about THE GUY?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm cool with Reigns getting the monster push for being pretty as long as Devitt gets the same.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

Sorry, maybe lukewarm wasn't the best choice of words on my part. Certainly his big moves are over, and the guy's got "cover of a romance novel" good looks, but he's not getting the level of support they want for him from fans. Which is D-Bry levels of support.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ScottyBomb posted:

Sorry, maybe lukewarm wasn't the best choice of words on my part. Certainly his big moves are over, and the guy's got "cover of a romance novel" good looks, but he's not getting the level of support they want for him from fans. Which is D-Bry levels of support.

Reigns won the (legit according to Dave) vote for Superstar of the Year over Bryan despite both being out due to injury for an extensive period. They're loving him up in a lot of ways, but the dude is over.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Thauros posted:

Reigns won the (legit according to Dave) vote for Superstar of the Year over Bryan despite both being out due to injury for an extensive period. They're loving him up in a lot of ways, but the dude is over.

Fair point.

And I have no doubt who the fans would rally behind if he were to square off tomorrow against, say, Cena.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

fariz posted:

I was ready to go and entirely on the Roman Reigns bandwagon when his push started. When Cena won that ladder match at MITB I was pissed because I thought Roman should have had his trigger pulled then and there. Then I consistently hated everything he did for two or three months after because it was sub-par at best and terrible at worst, and loved every single thing Ambrose said or did in that same stretch of time.

It is possible that people actually think he's not that good and unworthy of the position he's being placed in, not just pretending because they hate Vince. I felt the same thing about Ryback about a year ago when half the board loved him so much they wanted him to beat Punk.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

It is possible that people actually think he's not that good and unworthy of the position he's being placed in, not just pretending because they hate Vince. I felt the same thing about Ryback about a year ago when half the board loved him so much they wanted him to beat Punk.

You're literally making up theories to why WWE, who has consistently screwed up young talent for years, is happening to screw up young talent again, and that theory is that they are doing so in order to make a talent that they wouldn't even have pin Big Show on the loving Christmas show look better.

Forgive me for not being convinced.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Jamie Noble has the same birthday as me so that was cool to find out today. J+J security rules.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

When watching WWE, just remember: if it is ever good or satisfying, that was a mistake and it will be quickly rectified. Soul crushing badness is the norm, they will always ruin what you like, don't ever dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

By a few accounts they operate internally like some weird cult, offering good things, then taking that away until the person in question is happy being given utter poo poo because hey it's close to the good thing I was looking at before. This seems to bleed over into the product.

• Locked thread