Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Apparently I got chat banned for 4 days. Hahaha.. they must have lowered the bar for that recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

You get a chat ban! And you get a chat ban! And you get a chat ban!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

What a lovely morning of play. Ever get in one of the cycles where you get a little frustrated so you get more aggressive because you just want to shoot something, which usually sends you back to the garage with a 0 damage game, so you get even more frustrated, rinse, repeat? That was my morning.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

What a lovely morning of play. Ever get in one of the cycles where you get a little frustrated so you get more aggressive because you just want to shoot something, which usually sends you back to the garage with a 0 damage game, so you get even more frustrated, rinse, repeat? That was my morning.

Give yourself to the Dark Side.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Might not have been my most impressive IS-4 game, but it was certainly enjoyable. It's armor seemingly works now lol. Also, I used gas+turbo and I think it made a difference?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
GG WG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNeKpMyQQsk&t=99s

Wonder where they put the hole on the updated IS-4.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

BitBasher posted:

Had a good dame yesterday and got my first master/Ace badge since I started playing again. Got it in the Walker Bulldog with only about 600 damage done but 4k spotting on Sand River with a couple kills. I have had a number of class 1's since I have been back, but this is the first M. I was bottom tier in a tier X game if memory serves.

I then promptly forgot to take a screenshot or anything, but I do have the replay, which I learned does not show a post battle screen. Damnit.

btw you can get the post battle screen from a replay by posting it to http://wotreplays.eu

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dravs posted:

Changing into the speed mode is fine and a good idea, the problem is that in this particular tank you go into a speed mode and you are still only just as fast as the leopard except you have none of the upsides. The gun is worse in every single way and despite it apparently having good turret armour it still gets penned by pretty much anything, it also has less gun depression so it can't even go hull down as well. I doubt it's even as good as the T-62A and that tank is a disaster.

I'm not so much commenting on the new Polish MTs as I am on the cars. I'm OK with the MTs starting out maybe a little weak, as there's always room for buffs later on (like what made the Leopards how they are now,) but the cars have been unbalanced since their introduction and could've got the limiting factors like the Turbo mode.

So in anticipation of Crew 2.0 I thought maybe I would start to rotate my best crews through my premiums to try to get my top crews as good as possible. The plan fell apart immediately though because of varying numbers of crew. When i put my M48 Patton crew in most of my premiums there's an extra crew slot, so I'll I'd be doing is powerleveling a rando from a lower crew. gently caress.

That's OK, because all the crew members still get XP from every battle. If you have to drop in another dude from another tank, say a radioman, then if he's got lower XP he'll get the bonus from accelerated crew training, but other than that the rest of the guys are still getting the base XP.

That feels pretty tame compared to the stuff I used to see from other players (or type myself, for that matter.) I'm guessing you just pissed off specific players who brought it to WG's attention via a report, rather than having written something specifically over the line that was automatically brought to WG support.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Gone Fashing posted:

btw you can get the post battle screen from a replay by posting it to http://wotreplays.eu

Thanks!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5501352#sand_river-bitbasher-m41_walker_bulldog

I would have to think this is really close to the minimum necessary to Ace this tank. It was a decent game but it wasn't really spectacular.

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

I feel like Crew 2.0 is going to gently caress me. I have a lot of tanks and have focus on making sure I have a lot of competent crews. I don't think I have any 4 skill crews.

So in anticipation of Crew 2.0 I thought maybe I would start to rotate my best crews through my premiums to try to get my top crews as good as possible. The plan fell apart immediately though because of varying numbers of crew. When i put my M48 Patton crew in most of my premiums there's an extra crew slot, so I'll I'd be doing is powerleveling a rando from a lower crew. gently caress.
Is there any solid info on what Crew 2.0 will do, beyond "Everyone gets 6th Sense!" Are the changes still scheduled for later this year?

Crew changes make me nervous. The crew system isn't great (or even good!) but I've become used to it, and have dumped a surprising amount of mental energy, gold, and consumables into trying to optimize my tank crews. I suspect that's true of everyone else.

Right now it "only" takes a three-skill crew to unlock most of the high-utility skills for most tanks. Will the new system demand four-skill crews, to make players buy more training books? I suspect I know the answer to this... :(

(Does anyone else miss the original skill system, or is it just me?)

Dave47 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 9, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

2218 damage, 6 kills, 232 assist in the T78. Close but no cigar, 1st Class. I wonder how much more I needed.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Dave47 posted:

Is there any solid info on what Crew 2.0 will do, beyond "Everyone gets 6th Sense!" Are the changes still scheduled for later this year?

Crew changes make me nervous. The crew system isn't great (or even good!) but I've become used to it, and have dumped a surprising amount of mental energy, gold, and consumables into trying to optimize my tank crews. I suspect that's true of everyone else.

Right now it "only" takes a three-skill crew to unlock most of the high-utility skills for most tanks. Will the new system demand four-skill crews, to make players buy more training books? I suspect I know the answer to this... :(

This was the most detailed thing I found about it. Not sure how much of this, if any, will make it to live.

Now, instead of different crew members with their specialties and skills, a single entity will be attached to the tank – the crew. The crew will have a pumped level, for each level skill points will be awarded, which can be invested in one of 25 skills, divided into 5 specialties. Having invested 30 points in one specialty, it will be possible to unlock a special powerful ability.

All crew members who are in the tanks at the time of conversion will pass on their experience to the crew, which will appear on this machine automatically. Five skills in the old system will be approximately equal to the crew of the 75th level, and experience over 5th skill will immediately increase the rank of the crew. If at the time of conversion the tankers were trained for 100% of the specialty or more and were in the barracks, then their experience can be transferred to the crews of the corresponding nation to choose a player.

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-tanks-crew-2-0-qa-with-anton-pankov/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
So it'll be locked to the tank? That loving sucks.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

So it'll be locked to the tank? That loving sucks.

And it defeats one of the major reasons for having premium tanks, at least for me.

I wouldn't own half the premiums I do if it wasn't specifically for skill training crew in specific classes and nations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dave47 posted:

You mean the "original" system with camo, repairs, and firefighting? No, I don't miss it at all, because firefighting has always been pretty much useless and at best there were some tanks like the T-54 that could benefit from both camo & repairs. Otherwise, every crew would get every skill (all 3 of them) except most tanks would only benefit from one (e.g. HTs don't need camo at all.)

In other words, the "original" crew system was like the current one, but with even fewer useful skills. So again, don't miss that at all.

I'm fine with an updated crew system along the lines of the new equipment system, which at least appears to give us some actual options despite its drawbacks.

BitBasher posted:

And it defeats one of the major reasons for having premium tanks, at least for me.

I wouldn't own half the premiums I do if it wasn't specifically for skill training crew in specific classes and nations.

From that link:

quote:

The crew will be attached to the nation and the class of technology, the binding to the class can be changed, but the binding to the nation – no. Before going into battle, the crew will need to be “put” on the tank for which it is trained, or on the premium tank of the corresponding nation and class.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The new PC crew system sounds incredibly similar to the console crew system (crew is a single entity with 5 different specialities, 25 max crew skills). If so don't worry about them being attached to one tank - the way the system works on console you can move any nation crew to any other tank of that same nation (ie a "4" member artillery crew can go straight into a "6" crew medium etc) and means you need less good crews per nation than on PC.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I was going to download the new patch and try it but for some reason the updater is doing a 2Gb patch at 3kbs. See you middle of October.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Scouting is frustrating and rewarding at the same time because even if you do your job very well there's still a good chance your teammates will ignore the enemies you light up. I just put on a clinic of passive scouting on field in Siegfried Line and got 113 spotting damage for my efforts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Scouting is frustrating and rewarding at the same time because even if you do your job very well there's still a good chance your teammates will ignore the enemies you light up. I just put on a clinic of passive scouting on field in Siegfried Line and got 113 spotting damage for my efforts.

Had a Redshire game in my M46 Patton where this enemy LHMTV(?) British light was doing admirable and incredible stunts on the middle of the map and going in near heavy alley by the blimp dodging all our fire and using the terrain and cover expertly.

Cept despite getting lit up constantly none of us on our team were taking hits. :v:

They managed to hide on the red line by their base as their team collapsed and get a few pot shots in before getting overrun.

:rip:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Apparently Minsk is having "internet issues".

I wonder if this has anything to do with the protests over the results of the Belarusian election. :thunk:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
E50M getting 59mm more turret face armour?????

Sign me the gently caress up

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

E50M getting 59mm more turret face armour?????

Sign me the gently caress up

I mean it is nice to see, but that turret face still going to be butter to T10 and T9, being able to bully T8 even more is always great though.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKSxQFEwGE

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nice moves

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

They'd better be careful, that's the most progressive thing they've ever posted. Their Nazi customers won't like the connotation. Also, wouldn't Schultz be a GW E100? :confused:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

I mean it is nice to see, but that turret face still going to be butter to T10 and T9, being able to bully T8 even more is always great though.

Heat will still laugh at it but thats going to be the same no matter what. Its just nice to see that you'll be able to troll some shots from tier 8 and 9.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Are the names switched on purpose or lazy edit?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lladre posted:

Are the names switched on purpose or lazy edit?

Yeah. The labels are on the same sides, so an intern just copy pasted them over the heads without really paying attention.

Quality memery from WG

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Not that I care about MY IMMERSION or anything, but I do like to keep tanks that were significant looking historical for the most part. For other stuff I like to empty the bench on random decorations.

I have to say, I'm quite pleased with this....

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The president of Belarus stole the election and shut off all the country's internet so now tonks aren't going on sale.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So apparently something was leaked by accident on the French WoT site and for the last event we will be getting 8 premium tanks for free. 1 or 2 of them are brand new. Dez has a new video up explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXmifKsUvA&t

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

The president of Belarus stole the election and shut off all the country's internet so now tonks aren't going on sale.

lol

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

Dravs posted:

So apparently something was leaked by accident on the French WoT site and for the last event we will be getting 8 premium tanks for free. 1 or 2 of them are brand new. Dez has a new video up explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXmifKsUvA&t
I guess now that the cat is out of the bag Wargaming put up an English-language article.

Some highlights:

-6 of the 7 free tanks are the previous rewards for the 4-9th Anniversaries. If you already have those tanks you get 100k silver and 250 Anniversary Coins. (Plus the garage slot, duh.)
-The 7th free tank is the Tier 5 Valiant British medium that I guess is bad?
-There is also an 8th "free" tank, the British A46 tier 6 light. (Because British lights are cool, right?) You get it by either playing missions in the other anniversary tanks, or by spending 1,500 anniversary coins.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Dave47 posted:

-The 7th free tank is the Tier 5 Valiant British medium that I guess is bad?
The real thing is cited as being "the worst tank ever built" so my hopes for the ingame version aren't exactly high. It's probably about as "good" as the Matilda BP.

Edit:
Oh dear. And this thing is going to see Tier VII fights.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 13, 2020

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The real thing is cited as being "the worst tank ever built" so my hopes for the ingame version aren't exactly high. It's probably about as "good" as the Matilda BP.

Edit:
Oh dear. And this thing is going to see Tier VII fights.

It was so bad that they kept it around to show off how not to do it.

quote:

Intended to meet the specification for a lightweight but heavily armoured tank for use in the war in the Far East, it proved to be a failure. The sole example was retained by the School of Tank Technology after the war as a lesson to its students.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

jfc

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Rincewinds posted:

It was so bad that they kept it around to show off how not to do it.

As David Fletcher put it, "one hopes they started early in the morning."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I was really hoping for a Super Chaffee.