Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I know arty sucks and I shouldn't really expect to hit anything, but the UK arty line has been so much more frustrating to play than the American and Russian. So many shots hit the extreme edge of my aiming circle even when fully aimed in. I just had to use bps to get past the FV207 cause I can't take it anymore.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I've already parked my QL. Too expensive to play. Spin it it around in my garage though.

Caterwaul
May 4, 2009
British arty line consists of the FV304, CQC and poo poo. Even then getting the most out of those tanks is situational, basicly you need tanks that don't move much around your max firing range in cover you can shoot over... What I'm saying is play the american t9, or you know... don't play arty.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

moolchaba posted:

I've already parked my QL. Too expensive to play. Spin it it around in my garage though.

To say nothing of the fact that you will always be primary. You might get a phenomenal win rate in it solely because the other team will suicide themselves to kill you and make it easier in turn for your team to kill them.

...not that you'll get the bennies of those wins, though. >.>

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TracerM17 posted:

I know arty sucks and I shouldn't really expect to hit anything, but the UK arty line has been so much more frustrating to play than the American and Russian. So many shots hit the extreme edge of my aiming circle even when fully aimed in. I just had to use bps to get past the FV207 cause I can't take it anymore.

For some reason the UK clicker line is insufferably poo poo; they often have piddly guns and/or short range. Somehow I managed to enjoy the Crusader SP but the FV207 was horrendous.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Awful Panther, 3m silver minimum bid, 3000 items on NA.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hehe it's gonna be nice seeing them back in action, if only for a short while until the buyers realize that it is indeed, awful.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

Hehe it's gonna be nice seeing them back in action, if only for a short while until the buyers realize that it is indeed, awful.

Yeah, it's undergunned, is too tall, and existed before the power creep became insane.

If/when they sell the Pz5/4 in this thing, snap it up, though. Spec it for ramming and giggle your balls off.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 7, 2021

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I bid 9.5M because I am loving drunk.

I might go back and reduce my bid though; LT's are currently a load of old cack and this is a bad medium in disguise.

Edit:
Just reduced to 6.5m, gently caress it. If I win I get another rare (and poo poo) vehicle. If not, I have 19m credits.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 7, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's an 8-kill Ace Tanker in the Somua in case anyone is considering buying it in the black market.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ok, so you can sell premium tanks for credits, and then buy them back later for essentially sale price + 10%,if you need a last minute loan for something. Premiums that are only in the cash shop can be redeemed permanently in-game (from the Depot), but tech tree premiums can only be retrieved in-game for 72 hours, after which we should use the recovery tool on the website. So says WG’s website, and this seems to be the case because I can recover poo poo like the T-127 which I sold like 10 years ago.

Now the question: can the website recovery tool be used for tech tree premiums indefinitely? I have an M4 Revalorise I never play, so of I need a couple mil for the 50tp Prototyp or something, I’ll pawn it off but only if I can genuinely get it back later if I want to. Does anyone know if the website tool has an expiry?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

As far as I am aware it does not expire.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I had to sell 500 large repair kits and 500 large med kits (I still have over 2k of each), but the Awfulpanzer is mine once again! It keeps its stats if you had it before it was removed from the game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

As far as I am aware it does not expire.

That's good enough for me, I'll risk it if I'm two mil short on the 50tp Prototyp. Or the PzIV/V if they sell that for credits.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gonna second that the Somua is fantastic.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Gonna second that the Somua is fantastic.

How are you guys setting yours up? I think I have vents, optics and a gun laying drive, but I'm thinking a rotation mechanism or VStab might be a better third option.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How are you guys setting yours up? I think I have vents, optics and a gun laying drive, but I'm thinking a rotation mechanism or VStab might be a better third option.

I have vents-g stab-aiming class in that order. Is it the best? idk, but gun feel is more important to me than pretty much anything in this game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm using vents, optics, vstab on the Somua.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Some of the people playing this game are so loving fragile.

Our only SPG was sitting stationary in spawn without even moving his gun for two minutes, so I pinged the map to see if he was alive. He started raging about it in chat, asking why the gently caress I was pinging him and then said that if this was the kind of game it was, he wasn't going to play and presumably quit out.

Because I pinged him on the map once.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

T-22 Medium, 15m minimum bid, 2000 items on NA.

Welp, too cash poor. Not like I need one since I've got a 907 anyway. :shrug:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
T22 going for auction... 15 mil credits minimum bid

hmmmm HMMMMMMMMMM

I want a t8... I don't need a bunch of t10 vehicles... I hardly play t10 anyways

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Some of the people playing this game are so loving fragile.

Our only SPG was sitting stationary in spawn without even moving his gun for two minutes, so I pinged the map to see if he was alive. He started raging about it in chat, asking why the gently caress I was pinging him and then said that if this was the kind of game it was, he wasn't going to play and presumably quit out.

Because I pinged him on the map once.

Well he's playing arty. He's either doing it because he loves arty, hates other people, or grinding just to unlock tanks. In any of those cases he's already half way to rage quitting time. It only takes a little bit from that point to fly into an uncontrollable fury.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

To me arty is the chillest class. I barely even care about anything when I'm just clicking poo poo.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To me arty is the chillest class. I barely even care about anything when I'm just clicking poo poo.

The worst part about playing arty is that you have a front-row seat for how lovely your team is playing.

You're always the Little Dutch Boy, trying to stop the flood from coming.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh yeah, that's 100% true. That loving tank is sitting RIGHT THERE. SOMEONE SHOOT IT! IT'S STUNNED AND ALL!

And yet that stunned tank just picks off half the team.

E: Unlocked the E-75. God drat this is a good tank, feels like what I expected the Tiger II to be.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 7, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I just got an ace tanker with my FV3805... even with 90% crew this tank is 200% better than the FV207 with the same gun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been awhile since I had a great game, while this is nothing too spectaicular I am happy with the damage I put out. Also the IS-3-II is fantastic.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5799907#tundra-mesadoram-is-3-ii

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6W4ZYLUAUo

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Put up 32 mil for the T-22 on NA, probably won't be enough. At least WG was nice enough to frontload all the poo poo I wanted before next week.

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 7, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gorman Thomas posted:

Put up 32 mil for the T-22 on NA, probably won't be enough. At least WG was nice enough to frontload all the poo poo I wanted before next week.

Bah poo poo I was setting up something and missed it. Didn't have credits anyway, so it was not for gold? Interesting...

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Bah poo poo I was setting up something and missed it. Didn't have credits anyway, so it was not for gold? Interesting...

It's an auction. So you can bid on it for a few more hours.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've been playing the Bisonte in an effort to get something out of the tank and I just can't. The thing feels like hot garbage. Bad armour, bad speed, awful gun handling, garbage penetration with standard shells.

I kinda feel like I'm missing something, but knowing it caused Skill to ragequit several games, I'm thinking the tank might just be bad. But if someone has figured it out, help a guy out would you?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've been playing the Bisonte in an effort to get something out of the tank and I just can't. The thing feels like hot garbage. Bad armour, bad speed, awful gun handling, garbage penetration with standard shells.

I kinda feel like I'm missing something, but knowing it caused Skill to ragequit several games, I'm thinking the tank might just be bad. But if someone has figured it out, help a guy out would you?

I tried to get the gun to be the best it could and the only way I could was to use vents, aiming class and v-stab. I tried to use rotation and GLD, but they didn't feel as good as the combo I settled on.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I tried to get the gun to be the best it could and the only way I could was to use vents, aiming class and v-stab. I tried to use rotation and GLD, but they didn't feel as good as the combo I settled on.

I've got vents and rotation mechanism on mine at least, not sure about the third slot. But I'll give aiming and v-stab a try, thanks!

Incidentally: I've also been playing the M54 Renegade, and when that thing comes up in the Black Market, it's a really good buy. Possibly my favourite T8 heavy right now. Nice gun handling, decent speed, great armour (if you're using the monstrous gun depression right). It's just fun to play.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

50TP Prototyp. Already have it, so someone else can post the particulars.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
50TP Proto is 5000 gold minimum bid auction for 1,500 tanks on NA.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm, I wonder if my bid of 6500 gold will be enough for the Prototyp.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hmm, I wonder if my bid of 6500 gold will be enough for the Prototyp.

Wiki price for it is 9600g. I'd say you're probably safe, people seem to enjoy "lowballing" WG in this thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ace Tanker in the TS-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

7111 gold was my final bid.

E: People on Reddit saying 5555 was good enough to get the tonk on EU. Oh well, this was the one tank I really wanted and I got it for under retail price so not the end of the world.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 8, 2021